Oklahoma State @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

He was never Texas quality. Most on here were fooling theirselves for years

He pitched well against TCU, Baylor, Washington and Cal Poly.  All of those teams are in the bottom 1/3 in runs scored per game (couldn't find a team OPS comparison).  

I was thinking if they could get him to keep his fastball up in the zone, he might have a chance to overpower guys in shorter stints, like Morehouse did.  Guess that isn't happening though.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm not sure that's true.  their stud pitcher had the game of his life in game 1, but we beat them in the second matchup while the third matchup was a close game we ended up on the wrong side of.

i don't think anyone here went in to that third game thinking we had no shot to win it.

I didn’t think we would win the first or second match up against that guy. I hoped, I was all in during the game but I did not go into either thinking anything other than some amorphous Texas magic would have a chance to win. 

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

LBJ has gone downhill big time. He's a shell of what he used to be as a pitcher

Same guy he was last year, offenses quit swinging at his dirt balls and he didn’t get better

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Revolution512 said:

I see we’ve entered the “don’t care about this one anymore” phase of the Pierce plan.

When Dre isn’t available and you can’t use Boehm yet, any option looks like a “don’t care about this one anymore’’ option

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Y'all blaming LBJ when we have one fucking hit is pretty entertaining. 

True, but he wasn't good, and generally hasn't been good.  Today, however, it's not all his fault.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I mean, two things can be true. LBJ only went 4.1, allowed four runs, and had seven hits against 3 Ks. That’s not a great outing. 

Also, the offense has also been absent today. 

Edited by MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

He is good for two innings a game. After that, they figure him out and start destroying him. Yeah, we arent getting hits, but we also cant rely on him for anything outside of few innings and 4 runs. 

• Hook 'Em 1