Marshawn Lynch Speaks On Both Super Bowls

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

he's pretty easy to dislike, and he's pretty easy to love.  like that he told the truth.  and he has a pretty good perspective on it.  ehh, win some, lose some.

Yep. He won the Super Bowl the year before so that was a little easier to stomach the further you move away from it. Now if they had not won a ring prior to that, I guarantee he would not hold that perspective. But he's right, he's experienced it all. Winning a Super Bowl, losing a Super Bowl. Winning that playoff game against the defending champs as a 7-9 team and having that beastmode run that is still talked about today.

I think as you step away from the game, the rings don't matter as much as they do in the moment. You look at your career as a whole and the times you had with your teammates and feeling the rush of playing. Of course you want a ring but it isn't the be all end all for all these players. I think the fans are more obsessed with them than the players are.

40 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

he's pretty easy to dislike, and he's pretty easy to love.  like that he told the truth.  and he has a pretty good perspective on it.  ehh, win some, lose some.

He is unfiltered for sure...

• 4 months later...

I would really like to know if the true reason Pete decided to throw the ball was simply to rub Lynch and his fellow conspirators  noses in it? It isn’t a secret who Pete Carroll sided with when Sherman was so outspoken about how much better Russell Wilson has it under Caroll. And how Caroll felt about Sherman and the Legion of Boom taking their bitch to the media.

As many times that I have watched Caroll answer the run throw question, you can tell he isnt so much trying to answer the question, as he is deflecting away from the real reason he threw the damn ball. And how his pettiness cost him, and Seattle a Super Bowl.

Yeah he just over-thought it.  Same as he did on that 4th down play against the Horns.  "Ok so we have this awesome weapon that is really hard to stop and has done everything to get us here tonight... but right now when we really need it they'e expecting him to get the ball... they know it's coming... so we're going to get fancy and do something completely different instead."  A thousand coaches have made the same stupid mistake and a thousand more still will.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Yeah he just over-thought it.  Same as he did on that 4th down play against the Horns.  "Ok so we have this awesome weapon that is really hard to stop and has done everything to get us here tonight... but right now when we really need it they'e expecting him to get the ball... they know it's coming... so we're going to get fancy and do something completely different instead."  A thousand coaches have made the same stupid mistake and a thousand more still will.  

What if I told you that one coach would make these overthinking decisions every week, and would still maintain employment....

That sequence was one of the great Wild West-style high noon coaching showdowns of all time. Pete expected Belichik to call a timeout.  Belichik just said fuck it and let the play & game clock run.  Pats were on the mat and about to be finished.  Nothing to lose - put all the pressure on Pom Pom Pete to execute with the play clock running and the pressure as high as it ever gets in that sport.  And Pete choked. 

Edited by CurlyDumps

9 hours ago, Hamttx said:

I would really like to know if the true reason Pete decided to throw the ball was simply to rub Lynch and his fellow conspirators  noses in it? It isn’t a secret who Pete Carroll sided with when Sherman was so outspoken about how much better Russell Wilson has it under Caroll. And how Caroll felt about Sherman and the Legion of Boom taking their bitch to the media.

As many times that I have watched Caroll answer the run throw question, you can tell he isnt so much trying to answer the question, as he is deflecting away from the real reason he threw the damn ball. And how his pettiness cost him, and Seattle a Super Bowl.

That throw had nothing to due with ML or any other outspoken teammate(s).  It was a bad play call and that's it.  You can try to conspiracy all you want but the Seahawks wanted to win that game.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Your Mom said:

He didn't over think anything on the 4th down vs Texas, White gained 12 yards and a td on a 4th down earlier and Texas hadn't shown anything to think they'd stop him. I remember  one of their olineman after the game saying Huff not being where they thought he'd be screwed up their blocking assignments. 

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

He didn't over think anything on the 4th down vs Texas, White gained 12 yards and a td on a 4th down earlier and Texas hadn't shown anything to think they'd stop him. I remember  one of their olineman after the game saying Huff not being where they thought he'd be screwed up their blocking assignments. 

Huff was in that spot vs where he wouldve been with Reggie White on the field.  Leaving White on the sideline narrowed the options significantly.  Insane personnel screw up.

3 hours ago, SDG said:

That throw had nothing to due with ML or any other outspoken teammate(s).  It was a bad play call and that's it.  You can try to conspiracy all you want but the Seahawks wanted to win that game.  

How the fuck do you know? You’re a fucking key board bandit like everyone else throwing your two cents in. It is just as easy to say that Carroll has a huge ego and got taken to task in the Seattle media prior to the game about protecting his fragile minded QB that Boom was hating on.

12 hours ago, Hamttx said:

How the fuck do you know? You’re a fucking key board bandit like everyone else throwing your two cents in. It is just as easy to say that Carroll has a huge ego and got taken to task in the Seattle media prior to the game about protecting his fragile minded QB that Boom was hating on.

I know because unlike you I’m not dumb enough to believe the Seahawks purposely blew winning a Super Bowl.  It doesn’t take a keyboard bandit to call your dumbass take out.  

17 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Huff was in that spot vs where he wouldve been with Reggie White on the field.  Leaving White on the sideline narrowed the options significantly.  Insane personnel screw up.

Almost as big of a personnel screw up as you not knowing who Reggie Bush & Lendale White are. 

17 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

You can’t fault carrol for the call in the Rose Bowl. White had abused the defense. If Bush was on the field, it would have been as a decoy, and I’d rather have someone to block in there.

Didn’t the defense recognize the formation and move to stop it?

He would have been the most dangerous and keyed upon decoy you could have. There was absolutely zero reason to not have him on the field on the most important play of their season. Their most dangerous back and Heisman winner. Just another instance where Pete tried to get cute and out-think his opponent and it backfired. Just like the Super Bowl. This was talked about I believe in that 30 for 30 where the players in that game discuss the game. I believe the USC players said how dumb it was for Bush not to be on the field.

On 12/26/2018 at 8:48 AM, Hamttx said:

I will say this - doubt Carroll just decided he had to throw there. That's a lot of decision making in a few seconds. In addition the Seattle player who was now starting for New England knew the play was coming and New England had practiced a lot against that play - which means they were expecting it for any number of reasons - and the DB reacted as expected. Back then someone posted a photo taken from the left side and behind Wilson which showed what looked like a wide open receiver right after the snap. The didn't know Butler was streaking into the photo to make the grab

• 3 months later...