2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

7 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

That's been my experience as well, and its why the games aren't leaving Jerryworld anytime soon. DFW brings in way more general fans who just want to see good football. 

Go to these at Jerryworld and youll see a rainbow of letter jackets in the stands.  When it was at NRG, it almost all fans of the teams on the field.

As far as travel, someone want to figure out how far Canadian and Gruver would have driven if this was at NRG?

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Go to these at Jerryworld and youll see a rainbow of letter jackets in the stands.  When it was at NRG, it almost all fans of the teams on the field.

As far as travel, someone want to figure out how far Canadian and Gruver would have driven if this was at NRG?

You don't need to be watching these high school games in your delicate condition. For god sakes man take care of yourself.

On a serious note, hope you're feeling much better bro wishing you all the best,

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

663 miles to the Blue Lot at NRG.

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How the hell did Mart lose a game this year?

Not only did they lose, but they got shut out 21-0 by 3A-D1 Franklin whose only losses were to 4A Lorena and eventual 3A-D1 state qualifier Grandview.

9 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

How the hell did Mart lose a game this year?

I used to live close to Mart,  saw a lot of games when Quan was there.  At least back then Mart scheduled up in their non-conference games.

They were rumored to get a lot of kids from Waco for their football program.  I know that would be shocking for a school to recruit,  but it could be that it is going on in the lower classes as well as the Allens of the football world.  

4 hours ago, Laga4 said:

I used to live close to Mart,  saw a lot of games when Quan was there.  At least back then Mart scheduled up in their non-conference games.

They were rumored to get a lot of kids from Waco for their football program.  I know that would be shocking for a school to recruit,  but it could be that it is going on in the lower classes as well as the Allens of the football world.  

Look at where Mart is on the map, and then consider their very long run of success.  I don’t see how appealing that would be, save for the ‘Let’s not raise our kids in the city’ folks. They are hadly some johnny come lately program.

and the 5’4” DT... unblockable and highly recruited, right?

18 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

New Deal looks like North Dakota State in those unis.

Mason vs Mart would make a good game. Screw this spilt division crap. At least at the lower classes. 5a and 6a it’s probably more appropriate.

The dual divisions is just another money grab.  It royally fucked up the districts in West Texas...

but yeah, the DFW folks and the UIL get their little 3 day football festivis at evryone else’s expense. 

Participation numbers make the divisions in upper classes even more inconsequential with regard to play on the field. 

4 minutes ago, slorch said:

The dual divisions is just another money grab.  It royally fucked up the districts in West Texas...

but yeah, the DFW folks and the UIL get their little 3 day football festivis at evryone else’s expense. 

Your anger seems to almost always be misdirected.  The coaches collectively voted for split divisions.  It was not a UIL decision.  Coaches, and coaches only.  

12 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Your anger seems to almost always be misdirected.  The coaches collectively voted for split divisions.  It was not a UIL decision.  Coaches, and coaches only.  

Sure. Coaches administer the UIL...

and no, I am not angry.  It’s just amazing how fucked up and greedy the UIL is.  In D1 districts in the smaller classes,you’ll have 3 teams from Wichita Falls area paired with 3 from Abilene. Then you do the same in D-II. Fartehr West Texas is even more extreme.

It has a huge impact on subvarsity competition and travel also, but none of that matters.

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

Sure. Coaches administer the UIL...

This is literally a process where every head coach in each division has a vote -- do you want your division to go D1 and D2?  If more than 50% vote yes, then you have split divisions -- completely out of the hands of the UIL or any UIL committee.  

But you've decided that you don't like the UIL for whatever reason, so you blame them for everything.

Edited by Beau Vine

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Is there anything worse than listening to John Rhadigan interview these marketing schleps?

I mean, besides listening to John Rhadigan do PBP for major league baseball?

Yes, I will submit Ric Renner talking to/ about "The Cat in the Hat, Coach Ken Purcell, who has more state championship rings than he has fingers?"*

* none as a head coach. Won 12 games total in his final 4 years AT ALLEN HS 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This is literally a process where every head coach in each division has a vote -- do you want your division to go D1 and D2?  If more than 50% vote yes, then you have split divisions -- completely out of the hands of the UIL or any UIL committee.  

But you've decided that you don't like the UIL for whatever reason, so you blame them for everything.

The vote doesn't mean the coaches administer it, dumbass.