Art Briles: New Head Coach of Guelfi Firenze

texifornia

Stop making this religious. Take that shit somewhere else, you piece of shit. This isn’t the football board. You’re a terrible poster. 

Art Briles has always loved to hide behind his "faith." I'm sure the school admin will use that as an angle to justify the hire and I'm sure the community will gobble it up, both willingly ignorant the fact that it's obviously bullshit. To that extent, he's not wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

The press release said he came with great references from former employers...

Well of course he has great references.  baylor still thinks nothing really happened except UT sicking the media meanies on them.

What a sick fucking joke.

If my kids played football in that school, they'd be out.  Play football at the next town over, or just focus elsewhere.  That school administration didn't make a statement about 'forgiveness,' it said winning matters way the fuck more than character.  that's not what i'm looking for in a high school coach.  Period.

No shit.  If I had a kid there, son or daughter, we would be moving.  The Mount Vernon community should be outraged.

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Stop making this religious. Take that shit somewhere else, you piece of shit. This isn’t the football board. You’re a terrible poster. 

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Ketchum is a water head. The absolute worst person in Texas recruiting reporting. He is probably the poster Junior Miller. 

Ketchum as a journalist and Junior Miller as a poster both suck, I will give you that.  Despite that, their comments on this matter are both spot on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

It has to do with religion because those small Texas towns almost all have a very southern Baptist/Church of Christ heavy influence and run with a right wing religious slant where they pretend to be righteous and tell everyone else how to live. Then it all is bullshit when their self interests and greed get involved. 

So go fuck off with your religious hypocritical dumb east Texas ass and I'll post topical shit the way I want to. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 9
  • Fuck You 2

I'm a big believer in second chances. But fuck this shit. That piece of shit has never even admitted to being a piece of shit. They covered up the cover-up. 

And these people want this guy leading and shaping their son's futures?  JFC. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pops said:

I'm a big believer in second chances. But fuck this shit. That piece of shit has never even admitted to being a piece of shit. They covered up the cover-up. 

And these people want this guy leading and shaping their son's futures?  JFC. 

I do not believe Art Briles should never work again.

He should never be in charge of youth or mentoring/ teaching  folks in their early 20s ever again, male or female.

he has demonstrably dropped the ball in the worst ways possible on that front.

get on the working end of a shovel or hit the Baylor pep talk circuit...

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Says the guy who buys into supernatural deities fabricated by primitive man. Your judgement is proven invalid. 

Says the guy claiming he has proven the unprovable.  Maybe there is something maybe there isn't. Newsflash, your beliefs are no more a guarantee than theirs. 

• Like 2

I would like to formally submit my protest of this hire.

As a father, I would never EVER allow my child to be around by someone such as Briles. I'm incredibly thankful my child's school wasn't the one that decided to add him to their employ. Nevertheless, that doesn't negate that other children will be around, influence, and subjected to anything he has to offer. That is simply unacceptable.

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Art Briles has always loved to hide behind his "faith." I'm sure the school admin will use that as an angle to justify the hire and I'm sure the community will gobble it up, both willingly ignorant the fact that it's obviously bullshit. To that extent, he's not wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I said this in the Hugh Freeze thread but:

Optimistically: Real belief in the spirit of Christian forgiveness and redemption

Pessimistically: Siege mentality that "the media's out to get these good Christian boys!" and a cynical knowledge that religion is a handy smokescreen for ambition

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I said this in the Hugh Freeze thread but:

Optimistically: Real belief in the spirit of Christian forgiveness and redemption

Pessimistically: Siege mentality that "the media's out to get these good Christian boys!" and a cynical knowledge that religion is a handy smokescreen for ambition

If a huge majority, not even ALL, of Christians were stepping up to defend Briles; I could understand the cynicism.

As it stands, pretty much everyone not in Green and Gold or within the CAB inner circle of influence hates what the sumbeech stands for and who he has shown himself to be.

Edited by slorch

11 hours ago, slorch said:

If a huge majority, not even ALL, of Christians were stepping up to defend Briles; I could understand the cynicism.

As it stands, pretty much everyone not Baptist, in Green and Gold, or within the CAB inner circle of influence hates what the sumbeech stands for and who he has shown himself to be.

Fify...if you want to overlook that one glaring common denominator, you're just burying your head.  Notoriously hypocritical when it comes to shit like this.

8 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Fify...if you want to overlook that one glaring common denominator, you're just burying your head.  Notoriously hypocritical when it comes to shit like this.

Link please?  or just your personal assessment of the situation?

C'mon, surely you have multiple statements, demonstrations, and endorsements by these organizations outside of the McClennan County/ Brazos Valley, right?

Nah.  I know you don't.  It just sounds real good to you hater folk.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

Link please?  or just your personal assessment of the situation?

C'mon, surely you have multiple statements, demonstrations, and endorsements by these organizations outside of the McClennan County/ Brazos Valley, right?

Nah.  I know you don't.  It just sounds real good to you hater folk.

Here's a link.  Art Briles' new boss...

https://www.facebook.com/jason.mccullough.967

Pretty obvious common tie there that ain't McClennan County/ Brazos Valley.

Stop being so obtuse.

2 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Here's a link.  Art Briles' new boss...

https://www.facebook.com/jason.mccullough.967

Pretty obvious common tie there that ain't McClennan County/ Brazos Valley.

Stop being so obtuse.

Oh... we've never heard of this guy...

There you have it.  All Baptists support Briles' behavior because there was finally some wingnut willing to hire ole Art.

Such a convincing statement, bro...

Just now, slorch said:

Oh... we've never heard of this guy...

There you have it.  All Baptists support Briles' behavior because there was finally some wingnut willing to hire ole Art.

Such a convincing statement, bro...

Where did I ever say "all Baptists support Briles' behavior"?

Extremist interpretation Surly is the best Surly.

Baptists are generally speaking an insular group whose morality extends only to its own people and those who are much like them but super poor or so far away they pose no threat .... Lottie moon offerings to save POC in other countries?

As an identifiable social group, their morality does NOT extend to gays, trans folk, poor Americans who are not white, people of color in America, religious people in America who are not Christian, even allegiance to Jews is based on a misguided notion that Jesus chose them despite their stubborn unwillingness to see him as the messiah, implying some less than attributes. Simply put Baptists are good people among their own but that’s where it stops. So when people criticize baptist culture with a broad brush it’s because as a group they have a hideous track record.

7 minutes ago, troph said:

Baptists are generally speaking an insular group whose morality extends only to its own people and those who are much like them but super poor or so far away they pose no threat .... Lottie moon offerings to save POC in other countries?

As an identifiable social group, their morality does NOT extend to gays, trans folk, poor Americans who are not white, people of color in America, religious people in America who are not Christian, even allegiance to Jews is based on a misguided notion that Jesus chose them despite their stubborn unwillingness to see him as the messiah, implying some less than attributes. Simply put Baptists are good people among their own but that’s where it stops. So when people criticize baptist culture with a broad brush it’s because as a group they have a hideous track record.

Please take this to CR.

Who cares! a lot of rapists and pieces of shit are atheist as well so lets get back to talking about this piece of shit art briles. I for one can't wait for the football season to start so Mount Vernon can deal with the constant week to week shit storm of media and other fans taunting them like they deserve only to end up firing him or "letting him go" before the season is out, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they ultimately back track before week 1.

On 5/25/2019 at 8:35 AM, Landomatic said:

No shit.  If I had a kid there, son or daughter, we would be moving.  The Mount Vernon community should be outraged.

I think the job will be used as a stepping stone to gain a job in NAIA or Division 3 or 2 soon enough, this was to get back in the "USA market"...