Art Briles: New Head Coach of Guelfi Firenze

texifornia

• 5 months later...

in the last 15 years Baylor had a basketball coach frame a dead kid as a drug dealer to help his player try to escape murder. Art Briles turned a blind eye to his football players raping people. Yet, if you asked a casual college athletics fan who the worst program is, they would all say "Penn State". 

Kudos to their PR department.

• Like 2

Wow. A new bar is set for what a college official will rationalize away to win more football games. 

Baylor's suborning rape and persecuting victims and using that policy to lure and keep criminal football players never generated the national outrage it deserved.

What happened to the Texas Ranger investigation? How do Baylor and Briles still go on?

I hope tumors are metastasizing in the bowels and balls of every man of Baylor who supported or allowed that policy. It seems there will not be much justice otherwise.

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

in the last 15 years Baylor had a basketball coach frame a dead kid as a drug dealer to help his player try to escape murder. Art Briles turned a blind eye to his football players raping people. Yet, if you asked a casual college athletics fan who the worst program is, they would all say "Penn State". 

Don't forget the bunch of baseball players that tortured a stray cat.

RIP Queso.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Part of the difference is that PennState consistently wins.  

15 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

There were 31 players implicated in the sexual assaults?  Holy shit.   That’s worse than I remembered.  Even if the coaches and school made it clear they would turn a blind eye to sexual assault, it’s still astounding to me that you would have 31 rapists.  What is that, like a full one-fifth of the guys he would have recruited at Baylor?  

There really should have been more effort to bring criminal charges against the people in charge at Baylor.  

if it makes you feel better, statistically speaking a few of the alleged rapes might not have been actual rapes, so it might have only been like... 30 rapists, or even 29. 

I predict:

Briles to Southern Miss

Southern Miss to the NY6 in about five years

Jimbo Fisher to the unemployment line after another 9-4/8-5 season and A&M deciding that it's an even bigger badge of honor to be able to afford to buy out the guy you money-whipped in the first place

Briles to A&M, and when you ask an Aggie "how can you HIRE that piece of shit, are you crazy?" they'll just goggle at you and say "what, cause he's 70?"

• Haha 1

I was telling someone about this in passin in CA last year and they didn’t believe me. Actually got mad at me for using “ ‘rape’ in silly football rivalry talk. “

I looked at them stunned. I told him to “fucking google it.” The county still has absolutely no idea what happened. 

On 2/4/2019 at 12:14 PM, Spankytoes said:

Actually he did it to try to save his own ass because he was personally paying that dead kid's tuition while saying he was on scholarship. Which actually makes it even worse. 

Not everybody realizes that John Heisman's (yes THAT Heisman) destination school was Rice. He coached there and was AD from 1924-1927. Also little known are some of the former coaches  from Southern Miss. Two of the bigger ones:

Idi Amin 1963-1968 (29-14-2) went on to coach the Ugandan Military Academy Team 1969-1971 before entering politics

J. Warren Jones 1968 (bowl) - 1975 (12-34-1) was unable to build on the success of his predecessor, but is widely credited for improving hydration regimens in athletics. His KoolAid innovations do not technically predate Texas alumnus Robert Cade's Gatorade, but they are still mentioned today.

• Like 1