2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

29 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

Holy shit Cole. What an outing.
And with the Rockets kicking the fuck out of Utah this helps eliminate the sting from Wed a little.

Agreed. I was not a happy camper on Wednesday night. The weekend got off to a great start and will hopefully end on a good note with dual Astros-Rockets victories on Sunday.

My son left on his school trip yesterday afternoon.  When his little sister got up this morning were the first words out of her mouth asking if he got there safely?  No, first words were “Did the Astros win?”

In her defense, first thing I did when I got up was check the box score, then checked the emails to make sure the boy and his classmates arrived safely.

Get some!!!

• Like 1

Weird to me how more than a handful of teams are significantly better on the road than at home this season.

Maybe it'll even out over the long haul, but NYY came to Houston and played pissed off baseball. Boston, the Angels, Atlanta, and the Rockies are better on the road. The Astros seem to flip a switch too.

7 hours ago, elfenix said:

No, lead off with Jake getting robbed (1st best thing I saw). Just now relived Pujols ruining Brad Lidge.

It’s like when you go to the NBA site for a game recap, and all the highlight clips are from the team that lost by 39, just because they have a couple guys who can dunk. 

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Weird to me how more than a handful of teams are significantly better on the road than at home this season.

Maybe it'll even out over the long haul, but NYY came to Houston and played pissed off baseball. Boston, the Angels, Atlanta, and the Rockies are better on the road. The Astros seem to flip a switch too.

It’s nice not having to worry about hiding the sidepiece(s) on the road. That shit gets stressful at home 

41 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Just to clarify

This year's Kershaw is 1-4, but he has a 2.86 ERA.  He would make a great mid reliever for the Astros.

Think we can get the Dodgers to bite on a straight up deal of Kershaw for Sipp?  Maybe throw in Gattis if they try to drive a hard bargain?

9 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

It’s like when you go to the NBA site for a game recap, and all the highlight clips are from the team that lost by 39, just because they have a couple guys who can dunk. 

Google uses NBA Motion Station on YouTube for these "highlights." Just a bunch of dunks and alleys. Terrible. If you want actual recaps look for NBA recap HD.

• Like 1