2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

7 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Great job by the bullpen.

You Giles haters need to recalibrate. Outside of a couple of outings, he’s been pretty good.

He only pitches a couple of innings, so that sounds kinda bad...

6 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Kemp is a real possibility. He’s hitting .335, is good defensively, and can pinch run.

Maybe so, but I hope it is Davis or White to take regular DH duties from Gattis. Stick with Marwin/Fisher in LF for now (though both need to get it going). 

Though I suppose as long as Gattis is on the roster, he'll play. 

On 5/15/2018 at 12:06 AM, thetruth said:

This offense is absolute feast or famine. 

It's too be expected when currently you have 3-4 guys hitting at slightly above/under Mendoza.

Altuve doing MVP things like last night help mitigate this problem though.

Edited by HtownHorn

33 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Get well Jake. We need you for a deep playoff run 

any chance when it comes down to post season, we actually have Jake on the roster opposed to Fisher. We pretty much know what we are getting from Jake - you can't argue he's magically going to start hitting consistently - maybe we're just throwing Fisher out there to see what we can get out of him before we ultimately make a decision on his future? He's fast, he can hit for power but strikes out way too much, doesn't seems to barrel up baseballs regularly, and has no arm at all. He and Jake are pretty much the same player, I'm thinking with this move, it's will hopefully provide some cover for him until we get a better idea, even though we all pretty much have the same idea on him as a player.