Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He was following process Kamala, but way to pander to your base with futility that this is an outrage.

And a little hypocritical. She didn’t vote for Gorsuch and wasn’t going to vote for BK for one reason -  Trump nominated them.  

Just now, horncyclist said:

Notice I said politically. As for the Court, we move from swing vote as Kennedy to Roberts as the swing vote. Hoping Dems can take the Senate and can force someone reasonable to replace Thomas and if not, hold the seat open for 2 years.

Ginsburg better keep at her exercise routine for the time being.

Thank God the SC isn't a political institution.  lulz

Me of 2-3 years ago would wonder if the tradcons will finally see the scam once this solid conservative court declined to overturn Roe, but gives the middle class a smooth buttfucking on every economic and civil libertarian issue.

Now I know it isn’t really any issue that drives the simple people of th 38%. Their team made the other team cry. Won’t matter that their living standard goes down, or the cops can harass them without cause or recourse. 

• Like 1

This despicable stunt by the Democrats will be a boon for the GOP at the midterms. As Laura Ingraham said last night, conservatives haven’t been this united since possibly 9/11. The 10% advantage in the enthusiasm gap that the Dems had going into the mid terms has evaporated. I have never voted straight ticket Republican before because I think it’s lazy and uninformed. I’m making exception this November. The entire Democratic brand needs a serious rebuke from the silent majority. I hope we further consolidate power.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 8

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Instead of the peanut gallery commentary that something is "good for the Democrats" and "bad news for the Republicans" while the country gets fucked in the ass, maybe save the gloating for if/when the Blue Wave happens in November? 

Agree with this..... Assuming you know which way this breaks is folly.

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Instead of the peanut gallery commentary that something is "good for the Democrats" and "bad news for the Republicans" while the country gets fucked in the ass, maybe save the gloating for if/when the Blue Wave happens in November? 

Everybody thought "no way dotard wins" but here we are...

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Agree with this..... Assuming you know which way this breaks is folly.

We're screwed either way. One just less severe than the other.  If you were hoping to get tickets to the end of Western Civilization, congrats.  This is how it ends.

1 minute ago, softlynow said:

Me of 2-3 years ago would wonder if the tradcons will finally see the scam once this solid conservative court declined to overturn Roe, but gives the middle class a smooth buttfucking on every economic and civil libertarian issue.

Now I know it isn’t really any issue that drives the simple people of th 38%. Their team made the other team cry. Won’t matter that their living standard goes down, or the cops can harass them without cause or recourse. 

I want more decisions like Janus. Public sector unions are a bane to the taxpayer and their support for Dems further bankrupts this country. That was such a huge win for us Republicans 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

When Republicans do way better in the midterms than anyone expected just two weeks ago, I hope President Trump and Cocaine Mitch send Dianne Feinstein a fruit basket.

Can someone fill me in on the cocaine Mitch nickname. Was he busted for possession before?

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

I want more decisions like Janus. Public sector unions are a bane to the taxpayer and their support for Dems further bankrupts this country. That was such a huge win for us Republicans 

I didn’t need you to tell me you’re a useful idiot, but thanks. 

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Can someone fill me in on the cocaine Mitch nickname. Was he busted for possession before?

Google it.  I’m waiting for a plane so on my phone.  It’s a funny story.  Especially him tweeting a pic of him superimposed on a Narcos image of Pablo Escobar.  

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

how is that new tax plan working out for our deficit?

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Google it.  I’m waiting for a plane so on my phone.  It’s a funny story.  Especially him tweeting a pic of him superimposed on a Narcos image of Pablo Escobar.  

His father in law was smuggling coke and he gets tagged with the nickname in an ad. That’s as lame as Ted Cruz’s national anthem ad

8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

This despicable stunt by the Democrats will be a boon for the GOP at the midterms. As Laura Ingraham said last night, conservatives haven’t been this united since possibly 9/11. The 10% advantage in the enthusiasm gap that the Dems had going into the mid terms has evaporated. I have never voted straight ticket Republican before because I think it’s lazy and uninformed. I’m making exception this November. The entire Democratic brand needs a serious rebuke from the silent majority. I hope we further consolidate power.

lulz. the empty vessel, everyone. he lets others do his thinking for him.

i remember when this cat was saying he would vote for beto. you're all over the place, dude.

12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You quoting Laura Ingraham as an authoritative voice on anything demonstrates why your opinion should never be taken seriously on anything.

3 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

how is that new tax plan working out for our deficit?

Didn't you hear? Deficits don't matter now that Obama is out of office. 

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz. the empty vessel, everyone. he lets others do his thinking for him.

i remember when this cat was saying he would vote for beto. you're all over the place, dude.

I like Beto. Seems like a good guy. Too bad for him the Democrats pulled this shit because he had a shot at getting voters like me. No more.

• Fuck You 2

Just now, horncyclist said:
3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:
I like Beto. Seems like a good guy. Too bad for him the Democrats pulled this shit because he had a shot at getting voters like me. No more.

1) you're full of shit; 2) why no more? Beto had nothing to do with this; 3) see 1).

Because Beto would have voted no on Gorsuch and BK.  He’s a far left Democrat who will rubber stamp every initiative of Cryin’ Chuck.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

lulz, no. your recent hyper-partisan posting style indicates otherwise. you've gone from a crazy poster on the football board to an insanely crazy hyper-partisan on the political board. 

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I love Laura and think she’d be great in bed 

of course you do. she's a terrible human being.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

It's not an investigation, it never was, and there is no way it ever could be.  They do not have investigative power over what would be a state case.  All this is is another background check on Kavanaugh.

Negged for lying and obfuscation.

How does one carry out a background check? One investigates someone's background.

To investigate one's background, does the FBI need to base their efforts on legal jurisdiction? No they don't. 

You know these things but choose to lie about them.

You're dishonest and particularly inept at sophistry.

Additionally, your avatar is an insult to Stanley Kubrick.

Edited by RomaVicta
I found a better way
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

the supreme court is supposed to be above this. it should be. but it's not. 

fuck.

@Brisketexan, pour me a scotch, i'm coming out on the ledge.

Ledge seems to be getting crowded these days.  But there's still room, pull up a chair.

And yes, you get it, that's the point. The entire system, and all of our institutions, are being irrevocably broken.  A trustworthy representative democracy, with the buy-in of the people, is an incredibly fragile thing. It always is.  But it still amazes me how many people don't realize that until a bumbling autocrat wannabe like DOTUS and his spineless minions gleefully smash it on the floor, and dance on the pieces.

This is EXACTLY how a representative republic dies.  Every single thing this regime is doing is following the playbook.  It's a playbook that's existed for centuries, and it's being followed to the letter.

Congress is a non-functional entity to protect the people.

The executive branch is actively conspiring against the people.

And the SCOTUS will be a broken body with limited credibility and a newly installed toadie to do the bidding of the admin and its minions, protecting them from all legal consequences.

There are only two ways for power to be exercised in any human society: the rule of law, or the rule of the fist/gun.  When the rule of law is neutered so as to become ineffective, society naturally transitions to other means of asserting its interests -- all factions, those in power, those out of power.  Our society is only as stable as people's belief in its functionality.  That's being killed.  By a large segment of our society.  With glee.

More scotch is needed.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
12 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

1) you're full of shit; 2) why no more? Beto had nothing to do with this; 3) see 1).

Sack answered it 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Ledge seems to be getting crowded these days.  But there's still room, pull up a chair.

And yes, you get it, that's the point. The entire system, and all of our institutions, are being irrevocably broken.  A trustworthy representative democracy, with the buy-in of the people, is an incredibly fragile thing. It always is.  But it still amazes me how many people don't realize that until a bumbling autocrat wannabe like DOTUS and his spineless minions gleefully smash it on the floor, and dance on the pieces.

This is EXACTLY how a representative republic dies.  Every single thing this regime is doing is following the playbook.  It's a playbook that's existed for centuries, and it's being followed to the letter.

And the SCOTUS will be a broken body with limited credibility and a newly installed toadie to do the bidding of the admin and its minions, protecting them from all legal consequences.

There are only two ways for power to be exercised in any human society: the rule of law, or the rule of the fist/gun.  When the rule of law is neutered so as to become ineffective, society naturally transitions to other means of asserting its interests -- all factions, those in power, those out of power.  Our society is only as stable as people's belief in its functionality.  That's being killed.  By a large segment of our society.  With glee.

More scotch is needed.

Let's get the fucking pitchforks

22 minutes ago, softlynow said:

I think it's more likely SCOTUS goes with the death by a thousand cuts route than overturning Roe, which would lead to some serious blowback.  Instead, they'll just simply never come across a state restriction on abortion that they find problematic, no matter how absurd.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're missing parts of the media turning into a weaponized arm of the State. 

Lock her up! Wikileaks! Releasethememo! Seth Rich! Uranium One! Benghazi! Emails!

They couldn't have done it without them. 

19 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I love Laura and think she’d be great in bed 

Sure you do.  I'm confident she'd give you the deep-dicking that you crave.

I'm not judging -- fly your freak flag, man.  Everyone should be comfortable being themselves in the bedroom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, horncyclist said:
8 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:
Sack answered it 

But what changed? Did you ever think Beto would break with his party? And honestly, he'd probably be reasonably likely to support a qualified conservative justice since he believes in bipartisanship and rearoring our institutions.

No.  He’s not a moderate.  I don’t want him elected for the same reason the lefties on here do — he will be a solid yes for every liberal policy Schumer has. 

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

That’s some impressive thoughts you put into that.  One of your better posts.  

He didn’t accuse you of being a wife beater or rapist or deserving of a beat down like he has of me and others. He is actually improving as a poster! Well done wildcat!

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is hyperbole but not entirely wrong.  Power accretion in the Executive and Judicial branches (at the expense of the Congress) predates Trump by many years.  I had hoped that the Republicans and Democrats unhappy with Trump would work together to defang the Executive branch and devolve power to the states.  But that’s not going to happen.

• Like 3