Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Well, my game isn’t complicated. It’s rather direct.

You are loyal to a regime that has weaponized the cruelty of separating children from their families. That has weaponized lying to West Virginia coal miners, lying to them about coal jobs coming back that are never coming back. That has weaponized healthcare, ensuring that the only viable option for thousands of families is the crushing burden of bankruptcy. That has normalized lying. That has happily suborned and utilized perjury.

My wish and hope is simple. It is not for these weapons to go away. No, we can’t get that genie back in the bottle. Rather, I wish for the purest justice. I pray that the weapons unleashed by the regime that you cheer veer from their intended trajectory - the scared brown people, the uneducated coal miners, the struggling working class - and aim themselves squarely at you.

Because you support the mechanism that deploys these weapons, you cannot complain when they hit you. I wish you the anguish of the loss of your children. I wish for you the moment of seeing their psyche irrevocably broken. I wish you the loss of all economic hope. I wish you crippling medical debt and bankruptcy. I wish you no more than what you are happy to see inflicted upon your fellow man.

An eye for an eye. No more. No less. Old Testament style.

I am calm and clear-eyed. And I look forward to your suffering. Because justice.

That sounds nice and all, but how? The democrats don’t really give two shits about the poor. They shit on the coal miners for 8 years under Obama and Hillary ignored them. Look at democrat run states and cities - they are pretty fucked.

So, what’s your plan? I’m a pretty die hard libertarian that would vote GOP when a libertarian was not in the race. I won’t be doing that anymore, but i can’t vote for very many democrats because of their platform and their history.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Hey guys, just a note. When Anastasis and I are reading each other’s posts and nodding in agreement....things are TURBOFUCKED.

Actually, I think that we have held a fairly similar world view, portions of which I staked out far in advance. You are just coming around now to really embrace the burn it all down reality. 

Right.  Accused rapists should never have to explain themselves, lest we hurt the women who care about them that they, presumably, haven't raped. This is as close as the right can get to giving a single fuck about women.  Amazing.

Wait. I thought this was simply a job interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This dude. He gets it.

Even though I dislike the term “rape culture” because it automatically makes men defensive. Because, of course, not all men are rapists but it doesn’t take rape to make a woman feel unsafe or to traumatize a woman. Terms like “locker room culture” or “boy’s club culture” might be a better starting point for more honest discussion.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Gah, I should know better than to be in here on my drinking night.

I’ll leave it at this: Kavanaugh demonstrated to me that he should not be confirmed because he didn’t have the balls to own his own shithead teenage past.

But this idea that he’s definitely a sexual assaulter or gang rapist just because someone said so, someone who was refuted by every other person even remotely involved, and that this means that Republicans are enabling rapists is just insane. It holds no water against any logic or critical thinking.

So great: the guy I don’t like is getting confirmed, somehow that’s translated into Republicans enabling rapists, and I showed my ass on the CR on a Friday night. Swell.

Yeah I do think, in the end, the Kavanaugh comes off like kind of a pussy. But at this point, that really isn't the issue. It's like Shakespeare said. 

All the world’s a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages. At first the infant,
Mewling and puking in the nurse’s arms;
And then the whining school-boy, with his satchel
And shining morning face, creeping like snail
Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
Made to his mistress’ eyebrow. Then a soldier,
Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
Jealous in honour, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation
Even in the cannon’s mouth. And then the justice,
In fair round belly with good capon lin’d,
With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
Full of wise saws and modern instances;
And so he plays his part. 

Our politicians in Congress won't compromise anymore. They need to work together again and check the executive branch. I don't know if I remember right but it stopped when the pork barreling laws come into effect. They didn't have any reason to horse trade. Whatever money that was supposed to save isn't worth it. The system is more corrupt than before and there is hardly any crossing of the aisle anymore.

They've got to work to make sure the middle class has access to decent educational opportunities or re-training programs for jobs. Give them a chance to work in new industries like insurance or property appraisal. If we help more people make decent money, then we can keep the economy strong and all benefit. Investing in education and retraining makes sense to me but you don't hear much about it. It sucks because THIS is the best place to spend money. Not on the military but education. We know this because we've seen it happen before. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Our politicians in Congress won't compromise anymore. They need to work together again and check the executive branch. I don't know if I remember right but it stopped when the pork barreling laws come into effect. They didn't have any reason to horse trade. Whatever money that was supposed to save isn't worth it. The system is more corrupt than before and there is hardly any crossing of the aisle anymore.

They've got to work to make sure the middle class has access to decent educational opportunities or re-training programs for jobs. Give them a chance to work in new industries like insurance or property appraisal. If we help more people make decent money, then we can keep the economy strong and all benefit. Investing in education and retraining makes sense to me but you don't hear much about it. It sucks because THIS is the best place to spend money. Not on the military but education. We know this because we've seen it happen before. 

I couldn't agree more.

But where did this current BS start? Right off the bat the left resistance. People were protesting the day after Trump was elected. These people weren't interested in finding common ground with the other 60 million people voted for Trump. They started their mission of labeling them as racists, misogynists, xenophobes and Nazis. 

There has always been a sway of to and fro, liberal and back to conservative and then back the other way. The freaks on the edges have made meeting in the middle impossible lately. That is what will cause our destruction.

Trump is only President for four years.  Now down to two. Fuckin vote his ass out if you don't like him in 2020. If you can't you only have four more years after that.

You don't burn down the whole house just because you got a roach problem. Get rid of the roach.

24 minutes ago, Crusher said:

I couldn't agree more.

But where did this current BS start? Right off the bat the left resistance. People were protesting the day after Trump was elected. These people weren't interested in finding common ground with the other 60 million people voted for Trump. They started their mission of labeling them as racists, misogynists, xenophobes and Nazis. 

There has always been a sway of to and fro, liberal and back to conservative and then back the other way. The freaks on the edges have made meeting in the middle impossible lately. That is what will cause our destruction.

Trump is only President for four years.  Now down to two. Fuckin vote his ass out if you don't like him in 2020. If you can't you only have four more years after that.

You don't burn down the whole house just because you got a roach problem. Get rid of the roach.

Right.....everyone just took the first year of the Obama presidency including McConnell who would never say he would try to stop every piece of legislation that Obama proferred.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for obfuscation and being obtuse. You quote a post that you do not address; you merely pretend to. You're addressing a person that wanted a thorough FBI investigation which shows the value he puts upon it. Your shrill reply is poor argument and only distortion.

That's fine, i'm just glad you aren't calling me fuckwit. That's why I asked how long he thought it should have been. Sorry for not answering I've been making a homemade pizza, sauce, and drinking beer.

3 hours ago, Crusher said:

Literally? No. Have been accused before but testing was a conclusive no.

I see where your going with this, kill the electoral college. Basically you don't want to just count some guy in Montana vote as less than yours, you want to completely ignore it. His and basically everyone's vote who doesn't live in California, Texas , NY or Florida.

Nope.  No interest in killing the electoral college.  Think harder, and try again.

2 minutes ago, deech said:

Right.....everyone just took the first year of the Obama presidency including McConnell who would never say he would try to stop every piece of legislation that Obama proferred.

Stop legislation. Not attack the man himself. 

I guess we have gotten so used to active shooter situation that we just don't recognize what is happening.  But did a whacked out leftist just shoot a R Congressman for no other reason than there was a bunch of R's at the baseball practice? He wanted to kill as many as he could get.

Nobody talks about that anymore. No, instead they push the opposite view that Trump is causing these attacks. 

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Stop legislation. Not attack the man himself. 

I guess we have gotten so used to active shooter situation that we just don't recognize what is happening.  But did a whacked out leftist just shoot a R Congressman for no other reason than there was a bunch of R's at the baseball practice? He wanted to kill as many as he could get.

Nobody talks about that anymore. No, instead they push the opposite view that Trump is causing these attacks. 

LOL, you are right - they never attacked the man himself.  They never called him an Islamist in hiding.  They never said he wasn't born in the US or had an illegitimate birth certificate. 

I wonder if Trump ever attacked Obama like that.....can't remember.

41 minutes ago, Crusher said:

I couldn't agree more.

it might have been a bit more conciliatory if the new President hadn't characterized the last 8 years as "American carnage" in his Inaugural Address and then directed his Press Secretary to  brazenly lie to the American People on the second day of his presidency.

Kinda been downhill since.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

...Because you support the mechanism that deploys these weapons, you cannot complain when they hit you. I wish you the anguish of the loss of your children. I wish for you the moment of seeing their psyche irrevocably broken. I wish you the loss of all economic hope. I wish you crippling medical debt and bankruptcy. I wish you no more than what you are happy to see inflicted upon your fellow man.

Sounds like something a terrorist would say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deech said:

LOL, you are right - they never attacked the man himself.  They never called him an Islamist in hiding.  They never said he wasn't born in the US or had an illegitimate birth certificate. 

I wonder if Trump ever attacked Obama like that.....can't remember.

I don't remember partisan assassination attempts on Democrats during Obamas administration .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

This dude. He gets it.

That's pretty well said.  The Republicans will as a matter of course ignore him.  I suppose the reason will vary from person to person, but in the end it will be a blend of "he's black" and "he's not born into privilege".  

So, there you go.  Argument denied.

Look it up. Stop watchin maher, who is funny as hell by the way.

Did you also believe you could keep your doctor and plan, and the cost you pay would go down.
Did that ring true for you?

Republican plan, written by 1/2 Republicans. Then voted against by all republicans. I do recall your boy saying my health care was easy to solve, would be better and cover more people... what was it about $17 a month?

And yes, I kept my plan and my doctor.

55 minutes ago, Crusher said:

These people weren't interested in finding common ground with the other 60 million people voted for Trump.They started their mission of labeling them as racists, misogynists, xenophobes and Nazis. 

The 60 million voted for a racist, misogynist, xenophobe who equates Nazis to those who protest them. How else are we supposed to label Trump voters? 

Oh the 60 million didn't vote for those specific Trump character traits? Just blissfully ignored them?

This is so much fucking bullshit.  Show me the Democrat politicians that are being chased out of restaurants by mobs of Republicans,  show me the Democrat politicians that can't get on an elevator in Washington D.C. without some Republican dipshit screaming shit in their face,  show me the Republican politician encouraging their constituents to harass Democratic politicians and government officials wherever they go,  show me the Democrat politician who had their doors of their office forced open by Republican protesters.  The motherfucking hate is coming from you shitfucks and has been for two years now. 

Elections and voting records have consequences. Vote for child predators, locking up kids in cages, and racists assholes, expect to get shit on everywhere you go.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's pretty well said.  The Republicans will as a matter of course ignore him.  I suppose the reason will vary from person to person, but in the end it will be a blend of "he's black" and "he's not born into privilege".  

So, there you go.  Argument denied.

So, If you have ever talked your way into pussy, you are a rapist? 

I like how people are making fun of him crying. Your name being thrown in the mud, and you and your family are forever ruined even if proven not guilty. That's a lot of stress and hard work to try to be in highest court of the land, and he's gotta be vilified even without substantial proof. 

giphy.gif
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Goofyboy said:

That sounds nice and all, but how? The democrats don’t really give two shits about the poor. They shit on the coal miners for 8 years under Obama and Hillary ignored them. Look at democrat run states and cities - they are pretty fucked.

So, what’s your plan? I’m a pretty die hard libertarian that would vote GOP when a libertarian was not in the race. I won’t be doing that anymore, but i can’t vote for very many democrats because of their platform and their history.

Wow, what a disingenuous piece of shit you are. Because Obama and Hillary acknowledged that coal mining jobs were not sustainable, and damaging to the environment, they somehow didn't care about the poor? Well, why don't we look at how Trump's "clean coal" push is going:

Trump made reviving the coal industry, and the declining communities that depend upon its jobs, a central tenet in his presidential campaign and has rolled back Obama-era environmental regulations to give the industry a boost.

But the effort has had little impact on domestic demand for coal so far, with U.S. utilities still shutting coal-fired power plants and shifting to cheaper natural gas - moving toward a lower carbon future despite the direction the White House is plotting under Trump.

Unreleased full-year coal employment data from the Mining Health and Safety Administration shows total U.S. coal mining jobs grew by 771 to 54,819 during Trump’s first year in office...

Overall, the number of U.S. coal jobs is still lingering near historic lows at less than one-third the level in the mid-1980s, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data, as the industry loses market share to cheaper natural gas.

Uh oh. 

But at least Republican-held states aren't shitholes like those held by the Dems! Time to look at census data just to be sure - states with the greatest degree of poverty include Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana (stop me when I get to a Democratic state), Georgia, Oklahoma, Arizona, South Carolina, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and New Mexico (found one!).

Well done. 

Edited by AquariumDrinker
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

All these pissed off women won't let Republican senators eat dinner in peace just because the Republican senators cover for rapists and degrade rape victims and want to make it illegal for women to decide what happens inside their own bodies, boo fucking hoo.  It's so unfair!  This is a really scary time for white men in this country.

It would make a good satire if you idiots weren't so serious about it.

Why do we continue to absolve white women from this whole episode? 53% of them voted for the pig in office and today a white woman was the deciding vote to put the lying pig on the court for life. 

"Come on, white woman, you know what it is. You was in on the heist, you just don't like your cut." -Dave Chappelle

3 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Why do we continue to absolve white women from this whole episode? 53% of them voted for the pig in office and today a white woman was the deciding vote to put the lying pig on the court for life. 

"Come on, white woman, you know what it is. You was in on the heist, you just don't like your cut." -Dave Chappelle

Not to absolve her, but I guess you missed the part where a white man (Manchin) made her vote null and void. This is less a gender issue (because majority of women are Dems) than a race issue (majority of white people are pubs). 

Most white women happen to love their white husbands, fathers, brothers and sons.  Most of the modern left expresses outright hatred towards white males.

So the majority of white women — who have good relationships with their white family members — largely get turned off by the left’s hate and derision.  The freak show cat ladies, man hating lesbians, etc don’t.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

...Kavanaugh is...an overly emotional naked partisan who’s quick to anger with a propensity for stretching the truth. That’s not Supreme Court material.

That’s an understandable characterization of Kavanaugh based on his testimony alone. And if those few hours of testimony were all we had from which to judge him, then it’s only human to conclude that he revealed his true character…you know, first impressions and all. But as I mentioned in an earlier post, we are not limited to his testimony when evaluating his character/personality. If, at his core he is truly overly emotional and a naked partisan, then surely those flaws could be teased from among the hundreds of opinions that he authored, eleven of which were adopted by SCOTUS.  

Maybe those faults have been discovered in his writings and I’m not aware of them, but the vast majority of arguments against his suitability to serve on SCOTUS have been based on impressions from his hours-long testimony, while totally ignoring his twelve-year history as an appellate judge.

And even if you choose not to take his work history into consideration, then at least take into account that Supreme Court Justices—like appellate court justices—don’t work in an environment anything like a Congressional hearing, where their integrity/character is questioned by partisan hacks. In other words, you won’t see the “overly emotional” Kavanaugh again. As for making “naked partisan” decisions…I guess we will have to wait and see.     

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Most white women happen to love their white husbands, fathers, brothers and sons.  Most of the modern left expresses outright hatred towards white males.

So the majority of white women — who have good relationships with their white family members — largely get turned off by the left’s hate and derision.  The freak show cat ladies, man hating lesbians, etc don’t.  

What a reductionist view of women you have. Do they lack agency? Can they not form their own opinions? 

I'm a white man with a white wife, and if I told her I support Kavanaugh, she would tell me to go fuck myself. I would bet that most women form their own, independent opinions. But i would also bet that most are informed by their circumstance and social circles. 

Edited by AquariumDrinker