Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

Man didn't realize how horrible Suarez had been over the past two seasons in the CL.

2014-15 season: 7 goals in 10 games (0.70 goal per game)

2015-16 season: 8 goals in 9 games (0.89 goal per game)

2016-17 season: 3 goals in 9 games (0.33 goal per game)

2017-18 season: 1 goal in 10 games (0.10 goal per game)

2018-19 season: 1 goal in 11 games (0.09 goal per game)

Edited by MoJames

Man didn't realize how horrible Suarez had been over the past two seasons in the CL.
2014-15 season: 7 goals in 10 games (0.70 goal per game)
2015-16 season: 8 goals in 9 games (0.89 goal per game)
2016-17 season: 3 goals in 9 games (0.33 goal per game)
2017-18 season: 1 goal in 10 games (0.10 goal per game)
2018-19 season: 1 goal in 11 games (0.09 goal per game)
So everybody >>>>>>>>>>>>> suarez
  • Like 1

Funny how Messi went from being GOAT to the laughing stock of the world. Twitter is glorious right now.
Thats how football go..."washington"

He is messi and gets blamed liked qb's in the nfl...he made some great plays,one being a phenomenal pass in first half that had me jumping out of my seat

Messi put Coutinho, Alba, and Suarez one on one with the keeper in the first half with fantastic passes and Alisson stopped all three. Yeah, he didn’t score but he had two good shots on target (one high corner save by Alisson early and another trying to go five-hole in the second half) and a couple of other rips that drifted wide of post. Yeah, he wasn’t a 10/10 but he was still as solid as ever. He also fed Dembelé a gimme goal at the end of the first leg one on one with Alisson that was muffed.

Coutinho has been an absolute disaster for Barcelona. I would have started Malcom over him, at this point. He’s in his own head. They also conceded 4 goals to a team missing 2/3 of their forward line...not Messi’s wheelhouse.

Liverpool deserve all the credit for being the aggressor and going balls to the wall in both legs.

Edited by Bodowned
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Without Coutinho's transfer fee, Liverpool don't have Alisson and VvD. Coutinho contributed greatly to today's victory. And for that, we thank him. 

He’s nothing if not a TEAM PLAYER.

👍

QUESTION: Does anyone know how much the winning team gets to split for being UCL Champs?

I wasnt shocked at all...i turned to my group of supporters and even said messi is going to bury this

But the full 90+ of the game doesnt have me that gloom and doom....its halftime and we're down 3-0....istanbul all over again

We had 3 great chances plus a few others...we'll see how the ball bounces at anfield
Just leaving this here.....im used to getting the "only you believed"(lfc) or "bone,with the take" (ajax) props on my soccer calls.....but damn can i get some fake points to show off to random whores for free bj's
  • Like 1

Just leaving this here.....im used to getting the "only you believed"(lfc) or "bone,with the take" (ajax) props on my soccer calls.....but damn can i get some fake points to show off to random whores for free bj's

I got you, fam.

13 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Lol, what a stupid meme. Messi was incredible. 

You really thought that Messi was incredible yesterday? 

Tweet referenced this and this.

Edited by JNip

I certainly don't begrudge a player leaving Liverpool for a place like Barcelona, especially if that's their dream destination. But it's pretty enjoyable to watch Coutinho and the Biter return to Anfield and get sent back home empty handed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JNip said:

Fuck Barca, but he was by far the best player for them in both games. Maybe ter Stegen played well, but the rest of the team was awful specifically @ Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Fuck Barca, but he was by far the best player for them in both games. Maybe ter Stegen played well, but the rest of the team was awful specifically @ Liverpool.

Some credit to Liverpool. We were the better team over 2 legs. Our press kept them at bay.

2 hours ago, JNip said:

The same people saying this are the same people who are likely silent about Ronaldo scoring 0 goals in the CL Semis & Final last year and still winning the trophy. Or the fact that the only reason he has a Euro title is because they changed the rules for the tournament and allowed a shit 3rd place team who finished behind Hungary and Iceland in their group with 0 W's to still advance to the KO rounds. Then he scored 1 goal in 4 KO matches (against overachieving Wales) and was subbed off inside of 25 minutes in the final against the only juggernaut they faced and his team still won without him. So it's a results driven narrative without actually looking at the process it took to get there. Had Dembele buried that easy chance that Messi set up at the end of the first leg or Coutinho/Suarez/Alba buried any of the three chances he set them up for last night, they might have advanced with a 1 or 2 goal cushion and nobody references the fact that Messi scored zero goals in the second leg because he made the final. If Higuain scores the goal against Germany and they win 1-0, it doesn't matter that Messi didn't score because they got the W. It's all a retrospective narrative based on the result. 

Edited by Bodowned

That play at the end of the game, 90+ min, where Barcelona are trying to score. Messi is walking around outside the box, just observing as his teammates move the ball around him, he then starts dropping to see the ball while still walking, then they play him the ball and he looks so lost and defeated and losses the ball. He then fouls the guy who took the ball away from him. That sums up his game. 

Edited by JNip

1 minute ago, JNip said:

That play at the end of the game, 90+ min, where Barcelona are trying to score. Messi is walking around outside the box, just observing as his teammates move the ball around him, he then starts dropping to see the ball while still walking, then they play him the ball and looks so lost and defeated and losses it. He then fouls the guy who took the ball away from him. That sums up his game to me. 

I usually judge an entire game off of 3 plays.

16 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Barcelona had 0 shots on goal in the 16 minutes after Liverpool went up 4-0. That’s incredible. 

Yeah. That last 15 minutes where we all thought "if Barca scores, it's over" was the best 15 minutes LFC have defended all season long. Not sure if it was our press or the fact that Barca hung their heads, but we controlled it. We mentally destroyed them.