Record: 1-0
-
25 Florida
SEC

https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loco said:

Still ranked behind the UW team they beat, but sec sec...etc

What?  Auburn edged UW, and Auburn is ahead of UW.  LSU annihilated Miami, and they are well ahead of them. 

The poll looks pretty good I would say. The SEC had the most impressive weekend. They annihilated 3 power 5 teams, all on neutral fields. The poll didn't overreact to it. If Texas had been ranked and then wafflecrushed a top 10 team like LSU did, and didn't jump into the top 10, everyone would whine about not getting respect and "If we had been SECSECSEC we would be top 5!" and yet there LSU is still outside the top 10.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

They completely buttfucked the #8 team in the country.  Who had a more impressive win in week 1?  Auburn?  ND?

I would say Va Tech just because it was pure domination in a true road game in a hostile environment.   Obviously if FSU ends up 6-6 or worse it won't look as impressive.

12 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

What?  Auburn edged UW, and Auburn is ahead of UW.  LSU annihilated Miami, and they are well ahead of them. 

The poll looks pretty good I would say. The SEC had the most impressive weekend. They annihilated 3 power 5 teams, all on neutral fields. The poll didn't overreact to it. If Texas had been ranked and then wafflecrushed a top 10 team like LSU did, and didn't jump into the top 10, everyone would whine about not getting respect and "If we had been SECSECSEC we would be top 5!" and yet there LSU is still outside the top 10.

yeah, I got that wrong....  braincells took a beating this weekend

• Like 1

I'm more than just a little nervous about our game coming up w/ Boise in 2 weeks.

They curb-stomped Troy, 56-20, on the road.  I know it's only Troy, but Troy isn't terrible.  The won 11 games last year and are one of the best teams in the Sun Belt. And playing them at their place in the first game of the year would be no picnic for most teams, but Boise ran circles around them.

We better have our shit together in a few weeks or we'll get embarrassed.

34 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'm more than just a little nervous about our game coming up w/ Boise in 2 weeks.

They curb-stomped Troy, 56-20, on the road.  I know it's only Troy, but Troy isn't terrible.  The won 11 games last year and are one of the best teams in the Sun Belt. And playing them at their place in the first game of the year would be no picnic for most teams, but Boise ran circles around them.

We better have our shit together in a few weeks or we'll get embarrassed.

boise is damn good this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shmitty said:

There shouldn't be any rankings till atleast the last week of September or the first week of October.  

Well, preseason and week 1 polls have been the only time we've been ranked in this current era of shittyness.

3 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Wow LSU at 11??

I mean, where should they be?  Everyone hates that the preseason polls lock a team in place, then when they make adjustments based on the game, people don't like that either.  LSU obliterated Miami and made them look stupid.  They went 6-2 down the stretch last year, only losing close games to Bama and ND (this one on a late-game 55y TD). 

• Like 1

There really isn’t too much to complain about with this one. 

SEC west are definitely the big winners from week one. Bama crushes Lville, Auburn beats UW, and LSU beats up on an over ranked Miami team. 

Nothing left to do now but beat arky st, Louisiana, Louisiana tech, SE Louisiana, the citadel, bama st, southern miss, liberty, and rice.

• Like 1

Longhorn fans wants to complain about media bias?  Lulz.  Preseason top 25 two years in a row.  LSU blows out #8 and you’re complaining about the jump?  Jeezus son.

Overrated Richt #8. Any team outside the SEC wouldn’t have jumped that high after a similar victory. You’re the Whiney bitch.
  • Fuck You 1

some real dumb fucks voting these days.  Michigan hasn't earned a ranking, neither did Miami or Pedophile St.  (they lost their magic when he left for Miss St. franklin won't do shit without him).  I'd love to see West Virginia play Pedo St next week they'd beat them by 20

• Like 1

But, but, but....We're Texas.  
Good grief.  UCF ranked, Boise State ranked, S. Carolina ranked.
Texas...nope.  
Livid and bitter.
Should be used to that by now..

If you haven't noticed, the past 10 years or so the balance of power has been shifting away from the traditional powers to diploma mills and football factories. Some of the "traditional powers" like Bama and blowU fall into the second category..

1 hour ago, alphahorn said:

some real dumb fucks voting these days.  Michigan hasn't earned a ranking, neither did Miami or Pedophile St.  (they lost their magic when he left for Miss St. franklin won't do shit without him).  I'd love to see West Virginia play Pedo St next week they'd beat them by 20

I don't get the Penn State ranking. They needed to go into OT to eek out a win against a Sunbelt team. Granted, Appalachian State looked good but that's not the type of victory that is top 25 worthy.

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

I don't get the Penn State ranking. They needed to go into OT to eek out a win against a Sunbelt team. Granted, Appalachian State looked good but that's not the type of victory that is top 25 worthy.

Further illustrating the uselessness of the preseason polls. They were a really good team last year. 

They lost one of the best offensive weapons of the last few years, 4 of their top 5 receiving targets, 8 starters on defense, and had a few guys retire from football over the summer due to injuries. 

Yet they looked like a more talented team overall on paper, just unproven. 

Turns out the defense is garbage in every aspect of playing defense. No pressure, slow, out of position, can’t tackle, can’t cover, can’t keep an eye on the dump off to the RB that pretended to stay in to block and then slips out into the flat for the 1,000th time. That App St qb was making his first college start in that game and he looked like a 4th year starter in the second half. 

Turns out the overrated qb is still overrated, and hasn’t found a safety blanket to lock in on yet this year. 

Its most likely that they took their top 10 ranking for granted and got smacked in the mouth by a scrappy team and will turn it around a little. But unless they get a lot better, the will be battling for 4th or 5th in the division. 

Edited by heso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

"Penn State" is not the preferred nomenclature, dude. Refer to alphahorn for ideas.... 

5 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

I mean, where should they be?  Everyone hates that the preseason polls lock a team in place, then when they make adjustments based on the game, people don't like that either.  LSU obliterated Miami and made them look stupid.  They went 6-2 down the stretch last year, only losing close games to Bama and ND (this one on a late-game 55y TD). 

4th?

• Like 1