2018 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

Guest Lobo
14 hours ago, utee94 said:

Your opinion on the subject doesn't count.

But I think we can all agree that this is about as bad as it could get:

TDJNYOGWEYZNCEZ.20150412214947.jpg

what is the strategic advantage of digital camou in shades of maroon?  Unless you're trying to hide amongst a cranberry vines or the labia of sheep?  

Guest Lobo

Anybody know any good bars showing the UT game today in downtown Austin?  It's on FCS which is on google fiber (which isn't downtown), but I'm assuming it's on Spectrum and Grande (not sure about satellite).  Anyway, any suggestions?  Thanks! 

On 5/22/2018 at 1:46 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Has Texas ever had a bad looking baseball uniform in its history?  All of them are just so good. 

yb1980_0162.jp2&scale=5.1825993555316865

I'll go out on a limb and state that neither of us want our team to wear these again, but the 80's are gonna 80.

43 minutes ago, BERT said:

That FCS is lower than 676? Like below 620. Thought my arguement was obvious. I'll try better next time. 

I never disputed your assertion.  I thought I'd help DTV customers by telling them that it was (also) on channel 676 in HD.

Touchy.

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I never disputed your assertion.  I thought I'd help DTV customers by telling them that it was (also) on channel 676 in HD.

Touchy.

Ah......well....... good work. Carry on. 

48 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I have no memory of us wearing those.  I refuse to believe it happened.

That picture is from 1980, but my buddy who played for you guys from 82-84 said he still has a pair of those pants from his playing days.

1 hour ago, MAROON said:

yb1980_0162.jp2&scale=5.1825993555316865

I'll go out on a limb and state that neither of us want our team to wear these again, but the 80's are gonna 80.

Hmmmm... well... ugh.  The Aggie uni is actually decent.  Other than the complete wannabe T on the cap.

But man, that Texas uniform is... is... is that a velour track suit?

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Hmmmm... well... ugh.  The Aggie uni is actually decent.  Other than the complete wannabe T on the cap.

But man, that Texas uniform is... is... is that a velour track suit?

ya pretty sure you guys were sponsored by Dior or Fila.

How you guys are feeling now is how I've felt for 2 weeks.  The good thing for you guys is this is a blip on the radar.  For us, it's who we really are.  I'm expecting an ass whipping tonight and will be watching the Survivor finale and hoping I completely forget we are playing.   

Once we get passed the bad teams maybe we can win again.

1 hour ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Texas has lost 11 out of 20 of their last big 12 tournament opening round games. All of 2002-2005 which concluded with winning that tournament twice and the national title twice. Not too shabby

I knew this felt familiar.

2 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

How you guys are feeling now is how I've felt for 2 weeks.  The good thing for you guys is this is a blip on the radar.  For us, it's who we really are.  I'm expecting an ass whipping tonight and will be watching the Survivor finale and hoping I completely forget we are playing.   

Sorry Pokes. 

11 hours ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

also interesting: 1 seed hasn’t reached the finals since 2014, and hasn’t won since 2009

Not surprising at all because the 1 seed normally doesn't have much to play for. Which is likely our case now. We probably have a regional locked up and a national seed is probably a long shot. 

Outside of making a long run in the Big 12 tournament it's best we don't burn our arms heading to a regional at this point. 

Most teams that needed to win yesterday started their Friday night guy while we started our midweek guy. Pretty obvious Pierce is trying to keep his rotation in order and arms fresh heading into a regional. if yesterday was a "must win" type game you can bet Kingham would have been on the mound. 

Edited by texasstrong12

5 hours ago, HornStar said:

Cockroaches 12

Tceh 2

F/7 - run ruled them.

I think TCU has a decent chance of winning this. 

Schloss wisely conserved arms against Texas knowing he had to chase the auto-bid. Threw Wymer on Friday and then kept every pitcher under 50 pitches on Saturday knowing he was going to need a lot of arms this week chasing the auto-bid. 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

Not surprising at all because the 1 seed normally doesn't have much to play for. Which is likely our case now. We probably have a regional locked up and a national seed is probably a long shot. 

Outside of making a long run in the Big 12 tournament it's best we don't burn our arms heading to a regional at this point. 

Most teams that needed to win yesterday started their Friday night guy while we started our midweek guy. Pretty obvious Pierce is trying to keep his rotation in order and arms fresh heading into a regional. if yesterday was a "must win" type game you can bet Kingham would have been on the mound. 

Losing only increases the chances of being paired with Florida in the supers or worse.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

20 minutes ago, troph said:

Not sure I like throwing a game late in the season. Play to win.

You don't "throw a game" but keeping your arms fresh for a regional should be the goal. 

Bottom line is Texas will have to win 5 games in 4 days to win the Big 12 tournament. No thanks on burning that many arms heading into a regional after already winning the regular season conference title. 

Edited by texasstrong12