Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Robert Francis O’Rourke is the definition of a privileged white male.  

He makes no denial that he would have been in jail for months if he was black and had no money. He admits that he is where he is today because he is a privileged white male.

• Like 4

This makes no sense.  

Exactly. Your argument boils down to “he branded himself as Beto when he was a child in order to influence Hispanic voters when he ran for Senate as an adult.”

You’re a plaintiff’s lawyer (or say you are). You’re better than that.

So is the argument that Hispanics are stupid enough to vote for someone based solely on their first name, never mind that the ballot will also include last name? I mean, if that's what you want to go with, but I dont think calling them stupid is going to play well.

Edited by relapse98

3 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Exactly. Your argument boils down to “he branded himself as Beto when he was a child in order to influence Hispanic voters when he ran for Senate as an adult.”

You’re a plaintiff’s lawyer (or say you are). You’re better than that.

No. That’s not my argument.  My argument is that he uses his nickname because he wants to cater to Hispanics and white guilt libs.  

I lived in the valley probably longer than brisket did and had a Hispanic nickname.  If i as a Democrat running for statewide office I’d use it to, and my last name wouldn’t be on any campaign material.  Just like Beto.  Even though I’m a privileged white male.  

Libs often are against cultural appropriation.  

Just now, relapse98 said:

So is the argument that Hispanics are stupid enough to vote for someone based solely on their first name, never mind that the ballot will also include last name? I mean, if that's what you want to go with, but touch, I dont think calling them stupid is going to play well.

You’re realize how many straight ticket voters there are?  Who don’t read any name on the ballots?

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I do like the idea that Beto would cheat to try to trick people into thinking he’s Mexican ... because of the long history we have of sending Mexicans to DC.  

Its so strange how the low information voters have really gotten hung up on a nickname the guy has used for 46 years. "He's trying to bamboozle them dumb messicans into thinking he's one of them"

• Like 1

Beto is his fucking name. That thing that people have called you since you were a little kid? It’s called “your name.”

I go by a nickname. Professionally. Judges call me by that name. Congressmen have. A jillion Texans go by their nickname, in every aspect of their lives.

Only the fucking losers PICK a nickname for themselves later. Cough, Ted.

The ballot will say O’Rourke no? I’m pretty sure no one will think he’s Mexican, plus there’s they whole white guy thing - I mean I don’t know any Mexicans that would think the white guy is Mexican. But as an aside I want a nickname like Carlito, I need to think about it, but I wouldn’t use it in a campaign bc I’m 42 so it’s too late for that.

True or false:
1. A significant amount of voters for Beto will think he’s Hispanic?
2. His campaign is aware of that and taking advantage?
No. A significant amount of voters won't think he's Hispanic. His last name is O'Rourke. People associate surnames with ethnicity more than first names or nicknames. I know this because I'm Hispanic with a white last name.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You’re realize how many straight ticket voters there are?  Who don’t read any name on the ballots?

Yes, by definition straight ticket voters dont care about the name. They vote D or R, period. So he could be Lee Harvey Oswald O'Rourke and they wouldn't care. 

Please explain the thought process behind your above comment because it literally makes no sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Sack’s in full troll mode, but I love how all of the “he’s only doing this to get the Hispanic vote” truthers conveniently ignore that the Democratic candidate for governor is about as Hispanic as humanly possible, and she is going to be absolutely demolished by Lt. Dan.

Yeah but she's faking being a carpet muncher to get the Subaru votes.

• Like 1