2018 Hurricane Season

Lobwedgephil

Lots of sheet metal.  He seems to be acting like the wind is buffeting his vehicle.  Not that I don't doubt him, but he's driving at a brisk pace.

When he asked if we could hear the frogs, my first thought was to listen for them hitting the side of his vehicle.

Edited by atomheartbevo

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dude is fucking driving and drawing on his iPad at the same time in a fucking hurricane.

And he's close to the eyewall if anybody is keeping score.

I’m not buying this dude’s schtick. He’s so excitable and a touch dramatic, he’d make stubbing his toe sound like a grenade wound. 

14 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

oh goddammit, I've just had periscope open waiting for Jeff to get live.

so, I've been half paying attention and am not a phdhorn - the fact that the storm has been downgraded isn't an indication that it's not the beast we thought it would be, right?

Thankfully it has weakened, but wind isn't going to be the major issue,  flooding will be. 

Just now, The People’s Elbow said:

Now that I’m thinking about it: does Jeff have a buddy who also broadcasts? I’m watching some dude on YouTube. Is Jeff on Periscope? 

Are you on Tornado Alley Video? That's who I'm watching on YouTube on TV.  Somebody stopped him and asked if he was on periscope and he said he wasn't at the time or something.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Are you on Tornado Alley Video? That's who I'm watching on YouTube on TV.  Somebody stopped him and asked if he was on periscope and he said he wasn't at the time or something.

Yeah. That’s who I’m watching and it doesn’t seem to be Jeff. New culpable, Jeff fanboys. 

I think this guy’s hyperbole is exhausting. 

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

What are the logistics of his fuel situation? Is he carrying extra cans of fuel? 

I saw a video a while back from Harvey with one of the storm chasers, and they had a bunch of extra fuel cans, since they couldn't rely on gas stations being open/pumps working/electricity.

I would assume these guys do the same thing.

And if I were them, I'd find an area to fuel up now, since the worst of it is hitting within the next few hours.

I stand by what I said, I will laugh my ass off if he gets in trouble because he's dinking around and capturing b-roll footage of cheap roofs/awnings being knocked down.

Edited by atomheartbevo