2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

42 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Angilau at RT wouldn't surprise me at all, but Hand seems to like him some Okafor. Based on the previous practice reps, I bet Oak gets the first shot at it. 

I know he’s most are still expecting him to be another hear away but Christian Jones could factor into the rotation sooner than expected with another off season under his belt. 

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Angilau is the most likely of last years freshmen to make a Cosmi-like jump/impact next year IMO.

Jones and R. Moore are still another year away.  

I’m not expecting him to start but Christian Jones being decent depth isn’t out of the question this coming year. 

I believe Tater will have to sit out a year unless he can a hardship waiver. I heard the tOSU Baseball Team made fun of him for being a little, short b****. 

Might just all be twitter bullshit - but there is speculation Tater is on pace to graduate, in May, with whatever bullshit degree football players at Ohio get.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

On 12/31/2018 at 11:35 PM, RabidM said:

Petitbon has connections to Maryland and his OC just became head coach. We should still try but it's probably a real longshot.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:22 PM, Schulz2.0 said:

Petitbon is from the DC area. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to Maryland.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/01/transferring-alabama-lineman-headed-to-big-10-school.html

Transferred to Illinois

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is this guy good enough to help Arky Chad pass all over that shitty aggy secondary and possibly get a win?

Doubt it. He certainly can't carry an otherwise shitty team. (see his w/l record at SMU) Hicks is a good player and a massive shit talker. Also strikes me as an entitled douchebag. Seems more like the type who would play QB at aggy for a year and transfer out than the type who would transfer in for a year and beat aggy.

3916208.png&w=350&h=254

58 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Doubt it. He certainly can't carry an otherwise shitty team. (see his w/l record at SMU) Hicks is a good player and a massive shit talker. Also strikes me as an entitled douchebag. Seems more like the type who would play QB at aggy for a year and transfer out than the type who would transfer in for a year and beat aggy.

3916208.png&w=350&h=254

He looks like an aggy faget, so he has that going for him.

Y’all, do we know Mike Williams is dirt poor? He definitely had some sort of support system in place to make it at Dunham, that school isn’t cheap.

Coveted youth QB...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/high_schools/article_71247bc0-0c6a-11e8-9dc8-efd792302507.amp.html

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

amazing what the new transfer rule is doing to college football.  it's like free agency on steroids.

yep.  makes the coaches jobs just that much harder.  going to need a dept just to manage this.  If Texas does it right it should benefit us.  looks to be only grad and not getting enough playing time situations so far.  going to be interesting to see how it affects the smaller schools that find a diamond in the rough.   I'm nor sure I've seen a G5 "star" try to transfer to a P5 yet but I can see it happening.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep.  makes the coaches jobs just that much harder.  going to need a dept just to manage this.  If Texas does it right it should benefit us.  looks to be only grad and not getting enough playing time situations so far.  going to be interesting to see how it affects the smaller schools that find a diamond in the rough.   I'm nor sure I've seen a G5 "star" try to transfer to a P5 yet but I can see it happening.

Money is one our strenghts. It would behoove Texas to hire a department to handle this stuff and get ahead of the game. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

Teams with robust Player Personnel departments are definitely going to benefit as more and more players look to transfer.  I don't know where Texas ranks as far as the number of people in the PPD, but Derek Chang and Bryan Carrington have both looked like good hires in their short time here.  I expect CDC knows how important this area is and has given Herman the ability to hire whoever he needs to staff out this dept.