2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

23 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Not a bad strategy to have the best player/team captain  on the Rice team grad transfer to Texas every year.  Address needs and don't sweat qualification.  Mensa.  

Rice has gone from having CDC as AD to Joe Karlgaard who is perhaps the worst AD in Rice history (and that’s saying a lot). Karlgaard has made it miserable to be a Rice student-athlete in revenue sports by failing to invest in coaches, facilities, and perks that are needed to attract and retain talent. 

Bloomgren is actually a pretty good coach in a vacuum, but I don’t think he’s going to be successful because ground and pound Stanford style football is difficult to do at the G5 level.

Some here may remember Wade Townsend, who was a pitcher in the glory years of Rice Baseball. Was drafted in the top ten of the MLB draft TWICE (kind of a ridiculous story.. Google it). Has a screw loose and fled to Mexico so he could play online poker. I think he lives in the Hill country now.

Anyhow, he posted this pretty hilarious video on YouTube that summarizes the issues with Rice Football: 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

The PR potential if he switches from aggy scholarship to Texas PWO is not negligible.

Would be great if Jordan is willing to start as PWO at Texas and work to earn a scholarship.  Probably a good special teams athlete at first.

19 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

I think we should go after Hurts. If we don't, we'll have no hope of reloading this year at the "flash-in-the-pan college QB turned middling WR" spot.

We do have a graduating player that used to play QB whose name is 5 letters starting with H. Worth a look I suppose.

9 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Isn't Leatherwood a starter? 

yeah, he started games which is what would make a transfer odd. But players don't randomly start following coaches from other teams. His two most recent follows are Hand and Herman. Only two coaches he started following. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

So just so I can get this straight... a five star recruit who starts for Alabama as a true sophomore, is just going to up and leave Tuscaloosa so he can sit out a year and play at Texas? Seems perfectly plausible.

He was an early enrollee so there is a chance he finished up in 2 1/2 years and can grad transfer, but I put this one into the "ain't no fucking way" category.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

So just so I can get this straight... a five star recruit who starts for Alabama as a true sophomore, is just going to up and leave Tuscaloosa so he can sit out a year and play at Texas? Seems perfectly plausible.

He was an early enrollee so there is a chance he finished up in 2 1/2 years and can grad transfer, but I put this one into the "ain't no fucking way" category.

They moved him to guard when he wants to play tackle. He also had issues this year at guard. 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/09/former_5-star_recruit_trying_t.html

Edited by texasstrong12