2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Why is it unlikely? 

Almost all of the waivers are granted due to family issues.  Fields would be moving far away from his family, which is the opposite of the normal hardship waiver.  The rumor is he's going to claim racism, but, that's going to be a tough sell to the NCAA. There are racists everywhere, even in Ohio.  Also, as far as we know, he only was subjected to verbal words.  If the NCAA is going to grant hardships based upon verbal abuse from random people around campus, it would result in a never ending free agency.  

20 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

So if Martell transfers and Fields is not yet eligible, they will play Baldwin (RS SO) from LT or Miller (RS FR) from Scottsdale?

My understanding is that Baldwin is the fucking man, and that’s been the case from the day Urban Meyer laid eyes on him. Meyer and Tom Herman both told him he’s the fucking man and they need him, and they’d blow him to prove it. If I’m Tate Martell and Justin Fields, I go into this spring knowing fully well that I’m fighting to win the back-up role and I’ll be happy with it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RabidM said:

Almost all of the waivers are granted due to family issues.  Fields would be moving far away from his family, which is the opposite of the normal hardship waiver.  The rumor is he's going to claim racism, but, that's going to be a tough sell to the NCAA. There are racists everywhere, even in Ohio.  Also, as far as we know, he only was subjected to verbal words.  If the NCAA is going to grant hardships based upon verbal abuse from random people around campus, it would result in a never ending free agency.  

What makes it even a harder sell is that it was some baseball player in the crowd and Fields never even heard him say it.  

2 hours ago, RabidM said:

I don't know man.  The times we live in...not a lot of room for facts, just feelings.  I think the NCAA grants his waiver.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My understanding is that Baldwin is the fucking man, and that’s been the case from the day Urban Meyer laid eyes on him. Meyer and Tom Herman both told him he’s the fucking man and they need him, and they’d blow him to prove it. If I’m Tate Martell and Justin Fields, I go into this spring knowing fully well that I’m fighting to win the back-up role and I’ll be happy with it. 

Thanks

20 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

No it’ll pretty much be RS FR Baldwin or a walk-on, the Miller kid is a 2020 recruit. 

Oops my bad, thanks

7 hours ago, RabidM said:

Fields was a very good baseball prospect and his lawyer is claiming he planned on going out for baseball as well.  With the current state of affairs at Georgia, that culture around this avenue would be too tense for him to try.  I imagine this and the fallout from having the baseball captain kicked off the team will make his situation too untenable to stay, or at least this will be their angle.

8 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I kind of feel like this hardship waiver is basically going to turn into whoever can get a top tier lawyer plays immediately, those who can't sit.

Same as it ever was. Manziel was able to avoid all but a minor benching over his memorabilia signing in large part because his family could lawyer up. The NCAA goes after the players because they usually can't lawyer up. If a player doesn't have a lawyer and he cooperates he gets punished for the violation, if he doesn't cooperate he gets punished for not cooperating.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From the Football board - former Texas DE/DT Mike Williams has enrolled at LSU as a ‘walk-on’.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-recruiting/former-dunham-star-texas-signee-mike-williams-enrolled-at-lsu/81377704/

Dirt poor guy with a kid is paying his own way? Yeah ok sure.

• Like 1