2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

If you think coaching matters much in the nba, i got some beach front property in el paso to sell ya

Did the Warriors win when Mark Jackson was coaching the Warriors with pretty much the same roster? Yeah that's what I thought.

• Like 2

You have Harden, Paul, Tucker, and Capela. Everyone else is expendable. This group needs a different approach coaching wise, D'Antoni just isn't an playoff coach. Shortens his bench, when he should have used everyone. Pissed off Faried, that the dude left. I just can't believe the guy is this bad at coaching in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If you think coaching matters much in the nba, i got some beach front property in el paso to sell ya

It does when an undersized team whips your ass on the boards, because you are consistently letting your big play 30' from the basket.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

You have Harden, Paul, Tucker, and Capela. Everyone else is expendable. This group needs a different approach coaching wise, D'Antoni just isn't an playoff coach. Shortens his bench, when he should have used everyone. Pissed off Faried, that the dude left. I just can't believe the guy is this bad at coaching in the playoffs. 

Capela might be expendable if this is how he's going to be in the playoffs every time.

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Did anyone honestly think before the season started that this roster was a championship team?  They actually ended up having a better season than expected.  Time for the front office to step up this offseason.

step up and do what? 

Just now, clapclapclap said:

Did anyone honestly think before the season started that this roster was a championship team?  They actually ended up having a better season than expected.  Time for the front office to step up this offseason.

How do the Rockets upgrade with the current salary situation?

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

How do the Rockets upgrade with the current salary situation?

Use the MLE to bring in another player like Tucker. Try to keep Rivers and bring in a couple of cheap vets who want to play on a good team. Figure out something for Capela to do when teams stop the lob game in the playoffs.

Just now, goatsaag said:

Use the MLE to bring in another player like Tucker. Try to keep Rivers and bring in a couple of cheap vets who want to play on a good team. Figure out something for Capela to do when teams stop the lob game in the playoffs.

I hope that's possible. But D'Antoni just did Faried dirty this series when the guy was playing his ass off through the first round of the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Who's gonna take that contract on a guy who shoots 50% from point blank range?

Fuck it.

GO ASTROS!

Maybe some team that's in rebuilding mode? Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. Matter of fact, Jane plays better than Capela in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

Capela has to get a 10' jump shot.

What vets want to come play in this dumpster fire? Vets do it to win at places like Golden state. Not the iso harden ball rockets.

3 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Not giving House Green’s minutes was coaching malpractice.  Can anyone explain how he could possibly have been worse?

House and Faried had proven they were top 7 rotational guys throughout the regular season and both get replaced by Shumpert and Green. D'Antoni needs to be fired. He can't see beyond his own arrogance.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

What vets want to come play in this dumpster fire? Vets do it to win at places like Golden state. Not the iso harden ball rockets.

And the funny thing is that when he coached the Suns, D'Antoni was all about ball movement. My how things change.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

I mean, Rivers and Faried both just came to this dumpster fire mid season.