2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

On 6/14/2019 at 2:27 PM, Rockethorn1978 said:

I wanna keep tucker for defense and attitude you need in the playoffs. Gordon should be used as trade bait to get some length on the perimeter. Just have no clue who we will target or who is available which makes free agency so interesting in the nba compared to other sports.

I read an interesting trade idea involving Gordon.

Gordon to OKC for Noel, Roberson, and their 1st round pick.

Roberson, when healthy, is a very good defensive wing, and you really don't need his offense on this team. Noel is also a very good defender as his career 101 DRtg is near the elite category. I think he would thrive as a pnr roll guy. What's crazy is Noel has a career 16.9 PER, yet never gets extended minutes, at 24, the kid has a lot of upside. Would be one of those trades that helps both teams, so it likely will not be made.

Edited by HtownHorn

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I read an interesting trade idea involving Gordon.

Gordon to OKC for Noel, Roberson, and their 1st round pick.

Roberson, when healthy, is a very good defensive wing, and you really don't need his offense on this team. Noel is also a very good defender as his career 101 DRtg is near the elite category. I think he would thrive as a pnr roll guy. What's crazy is Noel has a career 16.9 PER, yet never gets extended minutes, at 24, the kid has a lot of upside. Would be one of those trades that helps both teams, so it likely will not be made.

Noel is a head case.  By all means do it.

Sincerely,

A Mavs fan

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Heard Morey on espn radio today and he said cp3 isn't on the trade block. Curious who he thinks he can trade for another star? Capella and Gordon is all I can think unless you add draft picks and i'm not even sure what future first rounders we even have right now. 

We have all our future 1st rounders starting in 2020, at least until the trade deadline next year, when we trade our 2020 1st rounder for some contract we are looking to get off the books.

18 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Heard Morey on espn radio today and he said cp3 isn't on the trade block. Curious who he thinks he can trade for another star? Capella and Gordon is all I can think unless you add draft picks and i'm not even sure what future first rounders we even have right now. 

With Golden State falling apart, I think they might try to give it one last try with the same team.  It's also probably worth a shot. It has been the Warriors who have ended their season 4 of the last 5 years. For a couple of those years, the Rockets looked like the 2nd best team in the league. If the best team is disbanding, why disband, arguably, the 2nd best as well?

On 5/28/2019 at 10:39 AM, Planet Houston said:

I was listening to sports radio this morning, and someone on 610 (not a host - can't remember who) was saying that a ton of shit is going to come out the next several months, and that there is all sorts of drama.  Sounds like a shitshow.  Woof.

Edit: Maybe it was Landry Locker given his Saturday tweet.

Welp, don’t say you weren’t warned. 

Thank God for the Astros. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

With Golden State falling apart, I think they might try to give it one last try with the same team.  It's also probably worth a shot. It has been the Warriors who have ended their season 4 of the last 5 years. For a couple of those years, the Rockets looked like the 2nd best team in the league. If the best team is disbanding, why disband, arguably, the 2nd best as well?

Everyone calm the fuck down. 

And this. 

Well, it's been a fun 48 hours... 

•Tim McMahon "turmoil" article

•Shams tweets CP3 is on the trade block

•Athletic article this morning about team having a meeting about changing the system to incorporate more ball movement/less iso

...which brings us to where we're at now - a Mexican stand off.

5 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Athletic article this morning about team having a meeting about changing the system to incorporate more ball movement/less iso

I remember reading Chris Paul was pissed off at Harden''s isolation play against Golden State. Chris Paul is correct.

I tend to side with CP3 that we need to run more set plays and that Harden is complete dogshit off the ball.

The core issue though is the fucking albatross contracts that Morey is so fond of signing. Can we stop over paying through the nose for players who have lost a step? i.e. CP3 and Mr. Anderson. It would be sweet to stop trading all of our draft picks to get scrubs to eat salary for the simple fact that we are stupid at contracts.

Edited by Pimphand
Beavis

17 minutes ago, Machinator said:

But but but sources say different so it all must be true.

im sure all guys don’t get along all the time and like I said above, show me anytime a guy was pissed and sources and articles came out and they respond quickly saying it’s not true. Usually if it is they stay silent adding more fuel to the fire and they don’t attempt to put it out. 

Jonathan Feigen officially reporting what is known:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/rockets/article/An-early-look-at-the-Rockets-potential-targets-14028143.php?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=sftwitter&utm_campaign=socialflow

I'll believe that the Rockets are willing to spend into the luxury tax when I see it.