2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, Looney killed us in games 5 and 6. His energy went unmatched. What I wonder is how are they going to sign him.

If it happens outright, it's the MLE. It seems like Capela is on his way out regardless of what transpires with the Jimmy Buckets chase.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

If it happens outright, it's the MLE. It seems like Capela is on his way out regardless of what transpires with the Jimmy Buckets chase.

Yeah, with $9.2M to spend as a non tax paying team over the cap, they can afford him. Smart decision to target him early while the Warriors are tied up trying to get Klay and Kevin squared away. 

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

If you can get McGee and Looney for $12M instead of Capela and Nene for $20M, you do it every day of the week.

I don't know that the Rockets get both Looney and McGee, but that would be a solid center tandem. Hartenstein isn't there yet defensively.

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I would assume we aren’t currently recruiting D Jordan as well

i hope not. Overrated, overpaid, aging and his stats are declining.  Capela is right now a better player. 

Edited by NowThis

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

i hope not. Overrated, overpaid, aging and his stats are declining.  Capela is right now a better player. 

Not true at all. Jordan is still the better defensive center, while Capela benefits from playing with Paul and Harden offensively.

Their BPM and VORP were very similar. If you can get Jordan for less than the $17M you are paying Capela you will be better off.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not true at all. Jordan is still the better defensive center, while Capela benefits from playing with Paul and Harden offensively.

Their BPM and VORP were very similar. If you can get Jordan for less than the $17M you are paying Capela you will be better off.

Jordan is on the down slope at soon to be 32, Capela isn't sliding yet.  Future says Cap is better.  I'd rather go with Looney/Javale by far than Jordan. 

33 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

capela is barely 25 and on a good contract.  he was terrible against the warriors and if he is collateral damage in order to get jimmy butler, fine.  but i'd rather not just get rid of him simply for the sake of getting rid of him.  

The Rockets also have a better idea of Capela's commitment to getting better and if he has the skill set to do it. My guess is they don't like him at the contract he signed for given that his offense is almost 100% predicated on Harden/Paul.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

The Rockets also have a better idea of Capela's commitment to getting better and if he has the skill set to do it. My guess is they don't like him at the contract he signed for given that his offense is almost 100% predicated on Harden/Paul.

This. If you're truly in win now mode, have to upgrade wherever possible. Capela is on a god awful, terrible contract and is simply neutralized in the playoffs.

Lol free agency hasn’t officially started and KD is off the board and we won’t get shit? Hahaha. Getting something was literally always a long shot given our cap hell so it’s more that than anything. And you never know getting “nothing” could be the best thing for this team. Also, kd won’t even play next year so by the time he gets on the court he will have a even older Deandre and kyrie. 

5 hours ago, NowThis said:

wow, this is my dream signing for HOU.  I love his game and he's very affordable, the best value in all the dozens of FAs. 

You are the only person in the world who’s ever used Javale McGee and “dream signing” in the same sentence, without the word “not.”

Outside of butler the rockets were never doing anything besides super small moves because they can’t really do anything. Honestly if butler tells them no then I say keep everyone and run it back and try to make small moves to strengthen our bench which Dantoni will end up not playing anyways.

31 minutes ago, NowThis said:

KD is dumb by surrendering so many millions and going to BKN.  The Nets won't even win the East - ever.

Bring Javale to Htown and lets roll babay!!!! 

Is this a joke? What millions is KD surrendering? He is going to get another contract.

31 minutes ago, NowThis said:

KD is dumb by surrendering so many millions and going to BKN.  The Nets won't even win the East - ever.

Bring Javale to Htown and lets roll babay!!!! 

Not the smartest take. He'll make a killing off of endorsements especially now that he is playing in the NYC market.

Chill out with the Javale hype. It's just a meeting and it's really not that big of a deal.

With Brooklyn's signing spree, I wonder if the Rockets would be interested in some of the guys they had to relinquish rights on, i.e.  Ed Davis, Hollis-Jefferson, DeMarre Carroll, or Jared Dudley.

Also, I like Reddick signing with NO, and what it means for a potential SnT for Butler. Philly has no guards that can shoot right now.

Edited by HtownHorn

1 minute ago, Houston20 said:

Big time getting House back for the rotation, not huge on Green returning. He has like 10 good games a season and is pretty irrelevant the rest of the time

assuming green is the vet minimum again, it's a good signing.  he helps in the regular season and regular season wins are obviously important come playoff seeding time.

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

assuming green is the vet minimum again, it's a good signing.  he helps in the regular season and regular season wins are obviously important come playoff seeding time.

Yeah, just read it’s the vet minimum. As long as we resign rivers and he can produce like he did this past season, guard play should be fine