Fuck You Herman/Beck Haters

Steamboat1874

I'll gladly give it up to Herman, don't give a fuck who it is who returns Texas to the top. Dude is going to have a decade's worth of pent up momentum behind him now. Looks like he's going to do great things here.

3 hours ago, nycHorn said:

That was Ehlinger changing at the line, no?

I dont know if he did or not. But that incomplete pass, bad punt, Murray 1 play TD drive totally changed the entire game. We needed to run the freaking ball and get another chunk of time off the clock at a minimum... And if we get a first down there ...they quit, game over. 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

3 hours ago, nycHorn said:

That was Ehlinger changing at the line, no?

Yep, and it would have been awesome if that blitz got picked up and he converted.

If I'm remembering correctly, the guy showed the blitz and Sam changed the play, but should have called something that would have shifted the running back to his left side to pick up that block. The play changed but it didn't appear the blocking assignments did.

Coaches didn’t call the game tentatively (until the end, aided greatly by holding calls).  It was a nice change from Mack Brown era OU games. Oh and Texas looked way more physical. The culture of this program is getting right. 

1 minute ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Uh let's see if we can figure it out.....dumbass.

How about we sum up the touchdowns we scored today, while Beck is calling the offense, and last week when he was not at the game....

you stupid fuck Herman called the plays, they even asked him about his playcalling in the presser after the game.

• Like 1

Whatever happened, the playcalling today, with a few grotesque exceptions (the most grotesque of which may have been on Sam), was so far ahead of anything we have seen from Hermanco to date that it was fairly surprising.  Anomalous even.

As noted elsewhere, Tom is good as an underdog and substantially less good as a favorite.  There is a season left to be played.

Edited by TwiceHorn

45 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Whatever happened, the playcalling today, with a few grotesque exceptions (the most grotesque of which may have been on Sam), was so far ahead of anything we have seen from Hermanco to date that it was fairly surprising.  Anomalous even.

As noted elsewhere, Tom is good as an underdog and substantially less good as a favorite.  There is a season left to be played.

It should be noted that OU is terrible on defense. As bad as they’ve been since before there was a Stoops in Norman. 

The offense has looked more coherent since Herman took over as playcaller. Perhaps he’s grown more comfortable making those calls from the sideline. 

Sam played a great game. Giant processor still looks a step slow, but he’s generally making better reads and his passes were accurate enough. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

It should be noted that OU is terrible on defense. As bad as they’ve been since before there was a Stoops in Norman. 

The offense has looked more coherent since Herman took over as playcaller. Perhaps he’s grown more comfortable making those calls from the sideline. 

Sam played a great game. Giant processor still looks a step slow, but he’s generally making better reads and his passes were accurate enough. 

So what makes you so sure Herman is now the play caller?

56 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah, there were a few playcalls that succeeded that have not in the recent past, at least in part due to OU ineptitude (several passes to the sticks or just shy that went extra because of ewok DBs, the slow-ass reverse, etc.).

Edited by TwiceHorn

All I want is for Texas to win.  Every game.  By a wide margin.  Is that so bad?

I want it from Herman, and I wanted it from Strong, Mack, Mackovic, McWilliams, Akers and Royal too.

When they don’t win, it pisses me off.  I don’t like ‘moral’ victories and sometimes it even takes me four days to like a narrow win over a shitty opponent.

When Texas doesn’t win and the damn coach says something that sounds tone deaf, it pisses me off.  I may not be in the locker room but I was in the stands before everybody who’s in the locker room was even born.

If Herman continues to win, I will continue to smile in my heart, but don’t expect me to sing his praises because I’m scared of jinxing him.

But if he continues on his current trajectory, I may learn to love him.  Secretly of course.

Nevertheless, I reserve the right to be bitchy and hard to please.  

Edited by Hooky Hornstein
  • Like 1

Good god some of you are miserable fucks.

So when an offensive play works Herman called it, even though many of you assholes have probably posted in the Fire Tom Herman thread, and when a play doesn't work obviously Beck called it.......yeah right.

So who called the defense that gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter?

Maybe you unhappy dipshits should start a new board called Miserable Surly Fucks.

16 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

I thought we were still doing the whole 5 people calling plays clusterfuck? Either way, our offense can actually execute the plays that are called this year and Sam is making progress. The offensive staff as a whole is doing work.

A lot of the play calling happens during the week leading up to the game. 

It was nice watching the OU presser after the game. It made me so sad. Not! Kyler, as talented as he is, sure lacks some humbleness skills. Not a lot of “give UT credit for playing a good game”. No, more like I’m not use to losing and I can’t talk. 

Herman and team have done a great job picking themselves up after the Maryland game. Still one game at a time though, but I like where we’re at. 

48 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Good god some of you are miserable fucks.

So when an offensive play works Herman called it, even though many of you assholes have probably posted in the Fire Tom Herman thread, and when a play doesn't work obviously Beck called it.......yeah right.

So who called the defense that gave up 21 points in the fourth quarter?

Maybe you unhappy dipshits should start a new board called Miserable Surly Fucks.

There’s only one person making a spectacle of themself in this thread. And not in a happy way. 

I know this is hard to follow, but Tom Herman is effusive with his praise about certain individuals. None of them are on his offensive staff though Herb Hand should be first alternate for Tom’s personal fox hole. 

Tim Beck has a lengthy history of meh as a playcaller over three stops and nearly a 100 football games.  His abilities are well defined. He was stripped of playcalling last year, and this year is simply a part of the collective.

Tom was asked point blank about HIS playcalling in the presser and didn’t waste a single breath praising anyone on his staff when this would have been the opportune time to silence critics of his OC. 

Orlando’s defense didn’t have a great day. Guess what?  There’s no one on the schedule who’s defense is going to have a great day against that’s offense. It’s well conceived, and loaded with playmakers. Sure, I’d have loved to see us keep them at 24-27 points, but I also know that all defenses have off days.  I don’t judge players, coaches or systems by single game performances. Orlando has a mountain of equity built up by his results as a DC. Beck....much less so. 

Heres the deal. There’s not a single member of the offensive staff who has retained their responsibilities from last year. They were all shifted. ALL OF THEM. Apparently Tom Herman thought there was a problem too. 

Yes, the coaches are all talking all of the time. Yes, many of the calls are “collective”  in some form, but there’s usually one guy making calls, and especially in tempo offenses there isn’t time for communal play selection. 

Ill also reiterate that OU’s defense is really bad. As bad as they’ve had since the 90’s. Give them a middle of the pack defense and that’s a CFP team.  We’ll look pretty good next week against BU too. And then less so against other opponents. So take a step back before declaring the seas healed and planets in alignment on offense. We’re getting better and have clearly taken steps since UMD, but that wasn’t 2000 OU out there on defense. 

• 2 years later...