Ranking Prediction Thread After Greasing OU.

XOVERX

6 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Only moving up 4 spots would be insulting to Texas

We might also pass 17 Miami or idle 18 Oregon but 16 Wiscy, 12 UCF, and 15 Michigan had good showings

If we had won by 21 I would agree but we squeaked out by 3

Edited by TexasEd

6 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Yea I think 12th sounds about right with OU just in front of us or just behind us.

Seems a bit ridiculous when you consider that OU still hasn’t beaten a ranked team.

Yep. But its about right since we lost to fucking Maryland.  The 4th quarter comeback will keep OU ahead of us. Had we won by 14 or 21, they would have dropped like a stone. 

20 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I was going to start a thread on teams ahead of Texas that lost or are losing:

• 5 LSU lost to 22 Florida probably stays ahead of Texas
  • 7 OU sucks lost to 19 Texas
  • 8 Auburn lost bad to Miss St has 2 losses and should fall below Texas
  • 13 Kentucky lost to aggy.  Should fall below Texas
  • 14 Stanford looks bad against Utah.  We should pass them

We should go up to about 15

Again not that it matters but I’m drunk and waiting for Stanford to come back from half SO for arguments sake...

LSU and Oklahoma stay ahead of us and I highly doubt we jump anyone in the top 12 that didn’t lose (including UCF).

We jump Auburn and Kentucky for 2 spots and...

18 Oregon was inactive so we jump them

17 Miami beat what will be a .500 FSU team at home by only 1 point so we jump them

That’s 4 spots automatically.  5 if 14 Stanford keeps sucking (currently down by 17 at the half).

and...even though 16 Wisconsin and 15 Michigan both won big I have a feeling we jump Wisc and they put us directly behind Michigan so 6 spots puts us at 13.

If I was taking bets I’d set the o/u at 13.5 (or 14.5 depending how the Stanford game turns out).

Look I love our team but we are not quite ready for primetime, we want no part of the big dogs yet. No need to worry about rankings and playoffs and that stuff. If we are even in the conversation at the end of the year that would be a huge win for our team.

Having said that I see us moving up to about 13th or 14th.

Edited by Valmy77

11 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Again not that it matters but I’m drunk and waiting for Stanford to come back from half SO for arguments sake...

LSU and Oklahoma stay ahead of us and I highly doubt we jump anyone in the top 12 that didn’t lose (including UCF).

We jump Auburn and Kentucky for 2 spots and...

18 Oregon was inactive so we jump them

17 Miami beat what will be a .500 FSU team at home by only 1 point so we jump them

That’s 4 spots automatically.  5 if 14 Stanford keeps sucking (currently down by 17 at the half).

and...even though 16 Wisconsin and 15 Michigan both won big I have a feeling we jump Wisc and they put us directly behind Michigan so 6 spots puts us at 13.

If I was taking bets I’d set the o/u at 13.5 (or 14.5 depending how the Stanford game turns out).

I’d take the under. We will definitely be in top 10. 

Just now, Xian said:

We better be ahead of ou with the head to head and our only loss being the first game of the season against an apparent decent Maryland 

We’re not in the coaches poll, they’re 11 and we’re 14

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

Wisc and Michigan play so we’ll jump the loser and the winner will be ahead of OU, and if LSU loses to UGA then we’ll be right behind OU so hopefully the voters realize that’s dumb and move us ahead next week.

6 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

We’re not in the coaches poll, they’re 11 and we’re 14

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

Wisc and Michigan play so we’ll jump the loser and the winner will be ahead of OU, and if LSU loses to UGA then we’ll be right behind OU so hopefully the voters realize that’s dumb and move us ahead next week.

What the flying fuck. How are OU and Florida above us  

we honestly probably have the best wins out of any one loss team. 

I didnt think i would care about a pointless poll, but apparently I do. Let’s hope the team feels as disrespected as I do. 

7 minutes ago, Xian said:

I didnt think i would care about a pointless poll, but apparently I do. Let’s hope the team feels as disrespected as I do. 

Because we have by far the worst loss and nobody trusts us, understandably so. We need to, as fast as possible, get to that 9-win mark. If we are 9-1, we are in the Top 5. 

Edit: actually maybe not. Yes our wins over the next four will be more impressive simply because of WV in there, but OU being 3 spots ahead of us, with a likely 4-game win streak coming, is a problem. 

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Tell that to Art Briles.  

Edit: in case this reference is too obscure, I am of course talking about 2008, when we beat OU and had the same record as OU, yet OU went to the MNC ahead of us because, iirc, OU was ahead in the coaches poll thanks largely to Art Briles and a few others who put us ridiculously low. Someone correct me if I am misremembering the details.

You are not incorrect.  It was calculated collusion and an okie theft of the highest order.  It cost Colt the Heisman, us a Big 12 title and a NC game berth.  It should never be forgotten.

It’s because we let them back in the game and didn’t win by the 3 scores we should have. The yokels filling out ballots just see a final score where we barely beat the Land Thieves, and did not watch. Plus we lost to Maryland.
  • Like 1

Coaches don't watch the games, they just see the final score of a 3 point shootout win/loss.

what they didn't see was Texas dominate OU.  We were unquestionably a better team, but played not to lose the 21 point lead with 10 minutes left.

step on their throats like we did all day and we probably win by 4 TDs or more.