YETI Cancels IPO

15 minutes ago, NoName said:

they just released the long rumored cocktail shaker lid for the 20 oz tumbler

https://www.yeti.com/drinkware/barware/21071501989.html

W-230000_PDP_Cocktail_ShakerLid_Product_

W-site_studio_Drinkware_Rambler_Cocktail

W-site_studio_Drinkware_Rambler_Cocktail

First, I'm pretty stunned it took them so long to think of this. 

Second, anyone know of a cheaper knockoff that works? This is actually pretty genius addition to a camping kit. No way I'm paying $25 for it, but surely there is a much cheaper alternative.

3 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

First, I'm pretty stunned it took them so long to think of this. 

Second, anyone know of a cheaper knockoff that works? This is actually pretty genius addition to a camping kit. No way I'm paying $25 for it, but surely there is a much cheaper alternative.

i'm with you. never seen a knockoff that works in it but bet we do in the next 3-6 months from RTIC or ozark trail or Kodi or someone else.

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

how do you not feel squished in those camping chairs?  i tried the stargaze they had at REI and it was so uncomfortable.  the ones they had at costco were better imo.  

I'm a big guy (6'2" and 265#) and I'm not squished at all.  I love them.  My wife needs to use a pillow behind her back to be comfortable, though.  She's short.

• 2 months later...
On 6/23/2023 at 1:34 PM, HonkeyVape said:

I said this upthread, but I hadn't seen it validated by anyone here-- but what I'm seeing in the exburbs is that Yeti is old-hat now and out and it's all about the Stanley cups for the younger families and tiktok generation.

Starter pack meme: Constantly wearing airpods, short shorts, crocs and a Stanley cup

Should have bought stock in Stanley 6 months ago before every media outlet wanted to report on this and make it even bigger.

Wonder what Yeti is thinking and how they are going to respond to Stanley.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 2:38 PM, BeardIP said:

Should have bought stock in Stanley 6 months ago before every media outlet wanted to report on this and make it even bigger.

Wonder what Yeti is thinking and how they are going to respond to Stanley.

I'm now getting robo-emails from "vendors" offering Stanley cups for a 10 minute chat.

Uh, no.  <junk email folder>

15 hours ago, wackawacka said:

They are an awesome startup success story for Austin. Who cares about the brand but huge for Austin startup community.

Eh, I think they WERE a great story... Found a niche market and went all in on it, all the while you had brands pivoting to milk the space, and on top of that, add in rogue social media marketing that disrupted their brand, and now they're having to take another direction to keep afloat.  I for one won't buy anything Yeti unless it's off of wish (bought a cup from there in the original tumbler days), or we win it at a raffle.  Too many alternatives that are just as efficient.

Yeti posted muted fourth-quarter and full-year 2023 earnings, as it continues to recover from a product recall that cost the company more than $170 million over 2022 and 2023.

Its EPS and revenue results for Q4 2023 missed expectations. For the full year, its adjusted net sales were up 3% over 2022. Its drinkware category sales rose 8% for the year, topping $1 billion. But its cooler and equipment sales were down 2%, partly because it stopped selling the recalled products.

Yeti did show some signs of rebounding from the recalls: Its gross margin reached an “all-time high” of more than 60% in Q4, president and CEO Matt Reintjes said, stating the company ended 2023 with its “strongest balance sheet to-date.”

The cup that must not be named: Stanley has dethroned Yeti as the It cup, and Yeti may still be bitter about it. No one uttered the “S” word during the most recent earnings call, and even an analyst asking a question only made reference to “the competitor.”

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Yeti posted muted fourth-quarter and full-year 2023 earnings, as it continues to recover from a product recall that cost the company more than $170 million over 2022 and 2023.

Its EPS and revenue results for Q4 2023 missed expectations. For the full year, its adjusted net sales were up 3% over 2022. Its drinkware category sales rose 8% for the year, topping $1 billion. But its cooler and equipment sales were down 2%, partly because it stopped selling the recalled products.

Yeti did show some signs of rebounding from the recalls: Its gross margin reached an “all-time high” of more than 60% in Q4, president and CEO Matt Reintjes said, stating the company ended 2023 with its “strongest balance sheet to-date.”

The cup that must not be named: Stanley has dethroned Yeti as the It cup, and Yeti may still be bitter about it. No one uttered the “S” word during the most recent earnings call, and even an analyst asking a question only made reference to “the competitor.”

their products weren't douchey enough ??

1 hour ago, NoRagrets said:

I got a Stanley cup for Christmas. I don’t get the hype. It’s nice, but other than the straw, how’s it different from yeti?

trends come and go. I believe Stanley is already on the way out. Once too many people are into the trend, it's not cool anymore.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

trends come and go. I believe Stanley is already on the way out. Once too many people are into the trend, it's not cool anymore.

Is it? I mean, I spotted this trend way in advance being in the wealthier exurbs, and I'm not seeing much of a wane and/or replacement yet.

And I thought the same for crocs (trend and fad, should be on the way out), but earlier this week they reported FY23 record revenue (~$4B up 11.5% YoY), so what do we know?

On 2/22/2024 at 7:01 AM, NoRagrets said:

I got a Stanley cup for Christmas. I don’t get the hype. It’s nice, but other than the straw, how’s it different from yeti?

hydroflask is the best cup

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

Is it? I mean, I spotted this trend way in advance being in the wealthier exurbs, and I'm not seeing much of a wane and/or replacement yet.
And I thought the same for crocs (trend and fad, should be on the way out), but earlier this week they reported FY23 record revenue (~$4B up 11.5% YoY), so what do we know?

Crocs are awesome.
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 2/25/2024 at 8:24 AM, Jkwellborn said:

Crocs are awesome.

Still have my original pair.  Going on the boat, the pool, the beach, working in the yard, even around deer camp when you need to air out your feet, they are awesome.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 8:24 AM, Jkwellborn said:

Crocs are awesome.

Agree. I was a hater. Thought they were just for the duck dynasty crowd. Then they came back in style with the teenagers (of which I have one). He bought me a pair and the rest is history. I wish they made a loafer. Best shoes ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Agree. I was a hater. Thought they were just for the duck dynasty crowd. Then they came back in style with the teenagers (of which I have one). He bought me a pair and the rest is history. I wish they made a loafer. Best shoes ever. 

Same. I even rocked the charms for a bit.

13 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

i wasn't aware they went out of style. shows how far removed from it i am i guess.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2024 at 7:01 AM, NoRagrets said:

And by the time Stanley got in the game didn't EVERYONE have a Yeti or two?  They've been out for a decade and its' not like they wear out.