Comic Relief: Satirical Tweets and Memes

Hugo Stiglitz

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

I know that's from one of the Lord of the Rings or Hobbit movies, but I have no idea why I'm associated with that other than you're up late doing some strong acid.  

But you do you man.  Fuck Mondays! 

Hmmm...maybe it was Brisket that was big on thoughts and prayers sarcasm.

I think I've cracked wise about it a few times, but that may be more brisket's jam.  Now I get it, the symbol on his face is showing fraternity with the wizard dude's army like a facebook profile deal.  Yeah, only thing I visit less than Middle Earth is facebook.  

Between thegoodliars with Wayne in Houston, and Jeselnik's bit about T&P, nevermind the constant futile efforts to use them as cover for inaction...the original for me is 30+ years old:

Sol Rosenberg believes in the patriotic obligation to give all you can to those at war:

After innocent people die anywhere in the world, I find that salted, cured meats are worth 10000x more than bullshit thoughts and prayers.  

"BUT WE GOT STREET SMARTS!"  says group who has never traveled more than 50 miles from their place of birth.  It's not about the degree, it's about critical thinking and navigating long-term missions.  But yes, the gays is comin' for you guns.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

"BUT WE GOT STREET SMARTS!"  says group who has never traveled more than 50 miles from their place of birth.  It's not about the degree, it's about critical thinking and navigating long-term missions.  But yes, the gays is comin' for you guns.

Jesus flew this flag to taunt the Romans. True story! 

Gonzales_Come_and_Take_It.png&f=1&nofb=1

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

SEC! SEC! SEC! 

americas-most-and-least-educated-states-

No doubt, by joining the SEC! SEC! SEC!, UT is aligned with the idiot states, which also happen to be the most fascist and regressive. Several years ago, UT could have been aligned with more educated states, such as California, which has companies with names on actual Austin skyscrapers and factories (Facebook, Google, Apple, Tesla). But that economic powerhouse is too liberal for UT's BMDs and BOR. Last time I passed through Austin, I did not see any skyscrapers with names of firms from the Deep South. 

Can't help but wonder how much of the SEC move was also driven (in addition to $$$) by a "cultural alignment" with the South, ordered by BMDs and Regents. After all, UT's new "Civitas Institute" is a right wing organization run by a self-described "pro-life evangelical" (according to Texas Tribune). Funded with a whopping $12 million. I wonder if any of that SEC $$$ will be going to Civitas? Hard to believe creating Civitas and joining the SEC are just a simultaneous coincidence in a cultural vacuum. Just sayin'.

Edited by BevoAbyss

10 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

No doubt, by joining the SEC! SEC! SEC!, UT is aligned with the idiot states, which also happen to be the most fascist and regressive. Several years ago, UT could have been aligned with more educated states, such as California, which has companies with names on actual Austin skyscrapers and factories (Facebook, Google, Apple, Tesla). But that economic powerhouse is too liberal for UT's BMDs and BOR.

Might want to check your math on Tesla or have you been in a coma for the last year?

11 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

Yeah, I know Musk moved Tesla HQ to Austin. Was a California-based company, still has huge presence there. Was trying to keep my post brief.

Doesn't change my point. But thanks for your profound takedown. 

You're right. Elon is SUPER liberal.

4 hours ago, royiv said:

You're right. Elon is SUPER liberal.

Dude, I never said Elon was liberal. I said California was. Elon is aligning with the fascists and, indeed, is likely a fascist. Like I said, I was trying to keep the post brief, but you seem to think you are some bad ass logician with an awesome takedown. Try some reading comprehension skills.

Nothing you have said undermines my point. The fact remains, UT is aligned with the SEC idiot states with lower college education. Not the higher educated and more liberal states like California, which have high tech companies with names on skyscrapers and factories in Austin.

Adios, I am not replying to you again.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Fuck You 2

On 3/9/2023 at 7:05 PM, BevoAbyss said:

Several years ago, UT could have been aligned with more educated states, such as California, which has companies with names on actual Austin skyscrapers and factories (Facebook, Google, Apple, Tesla). But that economic powerhouse is too liberal for UT's BMDs and BOR.

It had nothing to do with the politics of the SEC states or California. It had everything to do with money, TV and otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 2