51 Year Old White guy tries to enter black church with a pistol

cactusflinthead

But, since it was locked he went to a Kroger and shot a couple of black people there. 

Oh and he has a history of priors and mental illness.

The FBI is involved in the case along with local police. U.S. Attorney Russell Coleman said federal investigators are looking for violations of any federal law, including hate crimes.

Bush has a long history with the courts. Details from court filings paint a portrait of a man who identified himself as having Schizoaffective disorder and who had a track record of violence against others.

In 2001, Bush's ex-wife sought an emergency protective order against Bush after he allegedly yelled threats at her and twice called her an "(N-word) bitch." A judge barred Bush from having or buying guns as part of that order, which was effective for three years.

----

Two years later, Bush pleaded guilty to menacing in a case where he followed a 15-year-old girl into the bathroom at a movie theater and put his hands around her waist and told her "that he thought they were family," according to a court document.

And in a 2009 domestic violence case involving his father, Bush was ordered by a judge to surrender his guns and undergo mental health treatment.

Bush's father sought emergency protection from the courts after he said Bush lifted his mother off the ground by her neck and hit him in the jaw. He had been threatening to shoot his parents, with whom he lived, in the days leading up to the January 2009 assault. 

"He carries a gun everywhere he goes," his father, William Bush, wrote in his petition to the court. "He is dangerous. He is paranoid. I want him to stay away."

The father also noted in his petition that Bush attempted to kill himself seven years prior and spent "some time" at Central State Hospital, a state mental health facility. 

"No guns!" wrote the judge in his 2009 order of protection.

Kroger shooting suspect has history of violence, losing gun rights

There's another thread on this somewhere. The shooter calmly walked out and told another guy, who was white, "whites don't shoot whites". Just another one of our mentally ill that we pretend aren't out there needing serious help.

5 hours ago, RPM said:

There's another thread on this somewhere. The shooter calmly walked out and told another guy, who was white, "whites don't shoot whites". Just another one of our mentally ill that we pretend aren't out there needing serious help.

Racism does not automatically equate to mental illness. Some people are just pieces of shit with fully intact cognition.

• Like 1

I did look to see if there was a thread. Oh well. Delete this one if the other has more traction. 

As far as him acquiring firearms after court orders not to, it was only for three years. Both times. So, after he threatened his ex he couldn't legally get them and after threatening his parents is when the judge wrote "No Guns!" on the orders.

3 years. Not permanently removing his right to bear arms. 

Or move this to CR and let the hollering begin. 

Or merge it with the other one from yesterday.

Was that even-handed enough? A dispassionate and objective report of the news?

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

How and where did he get radicalized?

A Facebook page that appears to be Bush's says that Bush is on disability because his "paranoid-schizophrenia finally stopped me from working."

"I have worked most of my life and battled mental illness throughout my life," the Facebook page reads.

The page says, "I'm lucky I made it this far with all the trouble I've caused myself when I get off my medicine. I'm lucky my parents are in good health as it took 2 years (to) finally get my (disability). (M)aybe one day I can work again. I'm hoping for the best. 

From the article. I posted the local newspaper rather than the NYT one. I suspect you would have to interview friends and family to decide when and what radicalized him.