Caravan

gsoda3

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Has it even occurred to you to wonder why they’re bum rushing the border today? 

It’s because the border has been abruptly closed.

So that makes it OK in your opinion ?  

The borders Been closed, fuck that noise let's attack.  Emotions over rule of law, that's the ticket.

That's not a reason, it's an excuse.

Hugo, I agree with you most of the time, but not here.

The truth is that the vast majority of these people are economic migrants, not asylum seekers.  If they were seeking asylum the would have done so when they crossed into Mexico.

We should process their claims earnestly, and without undue delay, but it should be in an orderly fashion.  

• Like 3

Why was the border closed?! 

Yall are fucking stupid if you don’t see what is going on here.

You're fucking stupid (your words) if you think any border station is equipped to deal with hundreds or thousands of people showing up all at once. And again it doesn't matter why it was closed.

It was closed, and attacking a border station is not ever acceptable especially by people who are seeking access to our country.  Why do you think it was ok for them to storm the castle ?

Dixon hurs comment about economic migrants and political asylum are very important in this discussion.

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Stipulating that it’s sad people around the world have desperate lives, but if a down on her luck poor American walked across a continent with her baby just on the harebrained idea of trying to force their way into another country for a new start with no papers and no plan, what would the reaction here be to (a) her choices, and (b) that country’s obligation to accommodate her wishes?

a) Good for her wanting a better life. Courageous move. 

b) Assuming she isn't a criminal, welcome her with open arms

Gotta hand it to Trump, this is playing out perfectly for him. 

Close border to people legally seeking asylum, blame the asylum seekers for not got through a process that no longer exists. 

Wow your blatant ignoring of fact is mind blowing.  This isn't a Trump issue, this is a legal issue. Breaking and entering is illegal end of discussion.  Attempting to cross the border without processing is illegal.  Pease try and be honest here, I give you credit for trait that usually.

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

a) Good for her wanting a better life. Courageous move. 

b) Assuming she isn't a criminal, welcome her with open arms

Definitely good for her wanting a better life, we all do.

No sorry, that's not a proper or fair reason to allow her access over other people waiting to come here legally. 

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Um, because 500+ people tried to storm the border.

Yes, who could have foreseen something like this? We, the United States, can’t handle a few hundred women and children running for their lives. 

Their fault for not going through our current compassionate legal process of concentration camps on military bases for their kids. 

Law and order!  Fuck yeah! 

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Definitely good for her wanting a better life, we all do.

No sorry, that's not a proper or fair reason to allow her access over other people waiting to come here legally. 

There's a mindset within Republicans that "if someone cheats, everyone will cheat".  Every accusation is a confession it seems. I'm willing to look at the nuances of any situation. Are you?

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

There's a mindset within Republicans that "if someone cheats, everyone will cheat".  Every accusation is a confession it seems. I'm willing to look at the nuances of any situation. Are you?

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm willing g to look at the rule of law.  People have applied for citizenship, and are waiting in many cases for years, but because she walks in she gets in over them ?  No.

If she's political asylum applicant that's one thing, but simply wanting to come here because she's poor isn't a reason. The entire third world is poor, we can;t be the answer to everyones problem, and to think so is ignorance beyond belief.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yes, who could have foreseen something like this? We, the United States, can’t handle a few hundred women and children running for their lives. 

Their fault for not going through our current compassionate legal process of concentration camps on military bases for their kids. 

Push that false narrative all you like. Facts are not lining up with your story.

18 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You're fucking stupid (your words) if you think any border station is equipped to deal with hundreds or thousands of people showing up all at once. And again it doesn't matter why it was closed.

It was closed, and attacking a border station is not ever acceptable especially by people who are seeking access to our country.  Why do you think it was ok for them to storm the castle ?

Dixon hurs comment about economic migrants and political asylum are very important in this discussion.

The San Ysidro Port of Entry (aka San Ysidro Land Port of Entry and San Ysidro LPOE)[2] is the largest land border crossing between San Diego and Tijuana, and one of the busiest land border crossings in the world[3] with 70,000 northbound vehicles and 20,000 northbound pedestrians crossing each day, in addition to southbound traffic.[4] It connects Mexican Federal Highway 1 on the Mexican side with Interstate 5 on the American side. The San Ysidro Port of Entry is one of three ports of entry in the San Diego–Tijuana metropolitan region.

I think this crossing is well equipped to handle a lot of people. 

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Your gymnastics on this one would make a Trump fan weep with joy.

Yes, Trump's rhetoric has not helped, but it has nothing to do with what happened today.  

If anything this was a publicity stunt by the migrants to get sympathy...which apparently is working with you.

Here's an article from 4 days ago on that very subject.

Migrant caravan members may be planning ‘human stampede’ at US border: aid group

Edited by DixonHur

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I think this crossing is well equipped to handle a lot of people. 

I used to live in San Diego and crossed that border many a weekend.  I've waited hours before under normal circumstances.  These ain't normal circumstances.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Your gymnastics on this one would make a Trump fan weep with joy.

Yes, Trump's rhetoric has not helped, but it has nothing to do with what happened today.  

If anything this was a publicity stunt by the migrants to get sympathy...which apparently is working with you.

Here's an article from 6 days ago on that very subject.

Migrant caravan members may be planning ‘human stampede’ at US border: aid group

If only those Jews would have been that savvy back when we turned their boats away during WW2.

I don’t give a fuck why they stormed the border.  If I’m a border patrol agent and I have a choice of either tear gasing infants or waiting a little while to apprehend the border crossers, I’m definitely gassing the infants because we are a nation of LAWS!!1

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Fair point. Is it processing people coming in to apply for asylum or is it a crossing that handles people with visas, passports, commerce, etc. ?

So you say that the asylum process is overwhelmed and we can only handle x number of people a day. But closing one of the busiest ports of entry in the world is asinine and nothing more than theatrics and politics. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If only those Jews would have been that savvy back when we turned their boats away during WW2.

I don’t give a fuck why they stormed the border.  If I’m a border patrol agent and I have a choice of either tear gasing infants or waiting a little while to apprehend the border crossers, I’m definitely gassing the infants because we are a nation of LAWS!!1

Props. You must have received the same talking points. Diaspora reference on queue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So you say that the asylum process is overwhelmed and we can only handle x number of people a day. But closing one of the busiest ports of entry in the world is asinine and nothing more than theatrics and politics. 

I don't care if it's theatrics or not. The caravan itself is theatrics. The US is under no obligation to allow people who attempt to rush a closed border access. END OF THREAD.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Again with the PR opportunity response.  Economic immigration is not grounds for admittance to the country.  

Just now, tjhooker said:

Why is it wrong to have a secure border and not this mayhem?  Get in damn line like everyone else trying to come here legally.  No one has a right to be here.  There are strict criteria you must meet and a process.  If the process is.threatened like it is now yeah you shut it down until things calm down.  I dont think any other country would do this any differently and some places it would be quite violent.

I think Jesus said this in Matthew or Luke.

Just now, tjhooker said:

WTF does Jesus or any religion have to do with this?

Well, you see, the vast majority of conservatives are white Christians.  But they only give a shit about other white Christians, so they run around saying awful shit like what you just said.  So I mocked you a little bit.  Forgive me.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You see we had to open fire on the women and children, to protect America.

Quit making shit up and be honest.  Tear gas is not firing on people (and by firing you were trying to make some lame reference to firing bullets). There are repercussions for attempted B&E of a gov't installation. 

Edited by Onboard 2.0

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

One, there was no social media in the 40's, and it's might hard to storm the border when ocean swimming's involved.

Also, I'm pretty sure there weren't infants rushing the border...hell, they can't even walk yet.

Just now, TexArcher said:

Well, you see, the vast majority of conservatives are white Christians.  But they only give a shit about other white Christians, so they run around saying awful shit like what you just said.  So I mocked you a little bit.  Forgive me.

That's why we have a separation of church and state. People can be compassionate and give all they like.  That has nothing to do with people attempting to break federal law.  I fond it funny that democrats love the open border concept (and they do), but don't seem to give as much attention to the people with issues right here in our own borders, our own citizens, our own veterans, etc.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

I fond it funny that democrats love the open border concept (and they do), but don't seem to give as much attention to the people with issues right here in our own borders, our own citizens, our own veterans, etc.

1) Which Democrats do you think are in favor of open borders?

2) Which Democrats do you think are in favor of cutting social programs that help our citizens or aid to veterans?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Stipulating that it’s sad people around the world have desperate lives, but if a down on her luck poor American walked across a continent with her baby just on the harebrained idea of trying to force their way into another country for a new start with no papers and no plan, what would the reaction here be to (a) her choices, and (b) that country’s obligation to accommodate her wishes?

"Pics or GTFO."

After pics, critique ear lobes, knee caps, anything that drops her below a 10.

But then insert numbers under photo: 1 (mom), X (baby).

If she's fat, shout out to Vic.

What'd I forget?

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

1) Which Democrats do you think are in favor of open borders?

2) Which Democrats do you think are in favor of cutting social programs that help our citizens or aid to veterans?  

Yeah, knew that was coming.  Lots of democrats have spoken out about open borders and about more relaxed immigration policies the last few years. Please don't try to deny that.

Relaxed immigration is directly related to my comment. More poor immigrants means more pressure on already poor funding of many programs for the less fortunate , veterans, and other gov't services.

47 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

Why is it wrong to have a secure border and not this mayhem?  Get in damn line like everyone else trying to come here legally.  No one has a right to be here.  There are strict criteria you must meet and a process.  If the process is.threatened like it is now yeah you shut it down until things calm down.  I dont think any other country would do this any differently and some places it would be quite violent.

Many of our ancestors including mine fled war-torn countries/communities to find a better and safe life in America but fuck them because it's 2018 and they're brown amirite?

4 minutes ago, usmc0331horn said:

Many of our ancestors including mine fled war-torn countries/communities to find a better and safe life in America but fuck them because it's 2018 and they're brown amirite?

The only remotely plausible answer is for the people in shitty countries to stop being poor. 

Edited by Thetexashammer

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

Hope that lady decides to apply legally for entrance into the US and has a legitimate case to enter our country.  Otherwise, there are millions just like her all over the world.  Can't take in everyone.  Harsh but true.

How about we replace you with her, I mean what right do you have to be here after all