Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

If you're talking about the bugle, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that shit.  Campbell used it once, and told our AD "never again".

DK18fT8WkAArGSH.0.jpg

However, we updated the tornado/bird a few years back and it's a major improvement from when I was in school.  I see it on gear occasionally, but is never used by a team in games.

bbad57beba8fd902d7b809d5a52fc6cb.gif

vs the following (from the 90's/00's)

Iowa_State_Cyclones_medium.gif

Ya I remember when y'all wore that helmet it immediately looked like a bugle. I like the idea, but poor execution. Still think tornado bird is ridiculous even his updated form. The I State logo y'all have now is pretty solid I think.

8 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Leaked UW Adidas uniforms:

url%5D

Looks like not much of a change.

As an aside, I find it annoying how back in the day, teams that used gold actually had gold, metallic looking pants that somewhat matched the helmets, whereas nowadays they're often some for of beige. 

Edited by LTbear

On 7/2/2019 at 12:57 PM, 'stache said:

I like the I with the State going through it, but I just looked it up, and they feel victim to the bevel movement. How the ever living fuck did so many people agree that bevels look good in logos? They're all hideous.

Agree.  I think the I w/ State through it is much better than any version of cartoon twister. 

On 7/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, texifornia said:

Wait you guys played a game AT Akron???

Our AD has zero scheduling pride.

I went, actually.  Had a good time.  Tickets were dirt cheap (like $5 to get in), you could drink in the stadium, and 70% of the crowd was ISU fans.  Was surprised at how far away it was.  Akron is as far from Des Moines as Dallas is.

25 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I went, actually.  Had a good time.  Tickets were dirt cheap (like $5 to get in), you could drink in the stadium, and 70% of the crowd was ISU fans.  Was surprised at how far away it was.  Akron is as far from Des Moines as Dallas is.

Apparently Miami (FL) at Toledo this year was a sold-out blast too. It might be fun if one year we did that to ourselves.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

He can swing a bigger scheduling stick now than he could when those schedule agreements were made. A lot of that had to do with the fact that other P5 schools were offering larger payouts to non P5 schools to play an away game only. Depending on ISU's football income now that shouldn't be an issue moving forward. 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Apparently Miami (FL) at Toledo this year was a sold-out blast too. It might be fun if one year we did that to ourselves.

Didn't you guys play at Wyoming recently?  That would be on my dream list of mid-major road trips.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The yellow ones are butt ugly, but honestly I'm stoked they're all actually in Baylor's school colors. The awful black/grey wave seems to be on the way out.

I hated the black and grey. Actually like the gold/ yellow way more than I expected to.

For Baylor:

Home: gold/green/gold is/was good, green/green/gold is acceptable if they insist on having multiple helmets. White pants are acceptable but not an improvement. White helmets are wannabe bullshit. 

Road: gold/white/gold is good, green/white/green is good. Gold/white/green is unnecessary but fine, as is gold/white/white.

No other permutation is acceptable. No blacks, no grays, no silver, no yellow (your color is GOLD), no all white road unis, no highlighter jerseys. No chrome.