Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

I know this isn't strictly uniform pron, but I cannot find any pictures for Texas

This is the wackiest polo design I can find.

UT-COACH-MAC-GAME-TL_2.jpg

That polo has some nice Latin flavor....tons of character imo.

The ND polo that ball boy is wearing is a fucking abomination. 

On 8/10/2019 at 5:48 PM, texifornia said:

Big fan, especially since they're not the flagship. Own the e pluribus unum nature of the team.

It does look awesome!  Neat idea for sure.  ISU has the largest student body in the state and also has the highest Iowan student enrollment.  Most come from the upper midwest with some Texas, Florida and California mixed in for football skill players.  

8 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We were all so stoked to be moving from Reebok to Nike around 1999 or 2000, but I keep hoping we switch to UA every time the contract comes up. Very tired of Nike, their interpretations of throwbacks and alternates, and their prices. 

That's not really a problem for us, though, is it?

And I think Nike makes the best quality apparel out of the three so I personally hope we keep them.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

We were all so stoked to be moving from Reebok to Nike around 1999 or 2000, but I keep hoping we switch to UA every time the contract comes up. Very tired of Nike, their interpretations of throwbacks and alternates, and their prices. 

agree.  If any of you went to the game at ND and saw their UA branded fan gear compared to the absolute shit NIke and We Are TExas offer for us, you'd be praying we open up the apparel contract next time it comes up.  The fact that we didn't open it up for bidding and simply re-upped with Nike was one of the laziest and frankly derelict of duty things we have done in a while.  I realize we didn't have a real AD then, but good lord.  Not like we don't have a whole line up of alumns who could have happily taken the project on for the University, and negotiated a much much much better deal than what we got.  Now that both Adidas and UA are actually making more traditional uniforms we need to open that thing upfor bidding when it comes due.  Hell, Nike can't even get our damn color right.  On a positive note, our baseball uniforms this past season were absolutely perfect.  

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, Girdwood said:

These look so much better without that dumb collar logo

no shit.  our uniforms now look like a freaking nascar hood.  longhorn logo, B12 logo, Nike Logo, "TEXAS", and now a 150 patch.  Geezus.  Take all that shit off.  

Edited by pepper brooks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

@Murfdogg21- I’m def not dogging on you, but if Texas ever moves to UA, then they’ve officially become irrelevant.

UA’s business is way off. They’ve posted negative year over year results for the past 4yrs. Now, they are expecting to posts modest 1%-3% gain by EOY’19. However, this is mostly a result of their drive to cut big expenses- ie: exorbitant Athlete & Team/School endorsements.  So, it’s highly unlikely they’d step up to match a 15yr/$250M deal.

Why? They’ve simply relied too much on their “tech” factor.  IOW, they’ve got zero street cred. Period.  No one over the age of 11 or under the age of 40 wears their stuff to be cool.  And in recruiting, that’s obviously a HUGE factor (See ou’s begging Nike to hop on the Jordan train)

UA’s apparel is decent, but their footwear is crap. And with a university like Texas looking for a complete 360 degree deal; meaning all sports/all equipment, head to toe, must work...only one other brand can do that. 

That other brand is Adi.  And that ain’t happening with a&m being one of their “flagship” universities.  No way in hell CDC acquiesces to that level just out of pure spite. Plus, they’d lose the “KD” tie-in.

By the way, speaking of aggy, the only reason they aren’t a Nike school is because they told Nike that they wanted “the same deal as Texas”.  Nike told them, “Yeah, no...Y’all aren’t Texas”.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2019 at 7:46 AM, pepper brooks said:

no shit.  our uniforms now look like a freaking nascar hood.  longhorn logo, B12 logo, Nike Logo, "TEXAS", and now a 150 patch.  Geezus.  Take all that shit off.  

Completely agree, but if CDC told Nike to take all that shit off, i imagine they would (?)...

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:52 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Here is what they should look like......no TEXAS, no names, no logos.

spacer.png

Is that Applewhite next to DKR?  If so, dude's a warlock.  Also, pretty sure #18 was the inspiration for the Scott Bakula character in Unnecessary Roughness. 

I have a game-worn sideline jacket (pull over) worn by Lou Holtz, while he was at Norte Dame, b/t ‘88 and ‘89. Any value in that item?
It was donated by his sister at a donation event in Houston, almost 20 years ago. My Dad bought the silent auction item. “Holtz” is hand written on the tag (collar) and is like a medium, because he isn’t a large man.