Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

6 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I was quite fond of the look we brought out for the Tulsa game. Similar to week 1, but with the original Pistol Pete on the helmet and orange pants.

I don't mind this at all.  I just LOVE the triple stripe on the helmet.  It was a very nice especially considering we wore the gray abominations last week.  Also - I think TU's uniforms were pretty slick as well.

Tulsa's right up there with LaTech for a great classic G5 look. My favorite is probably Tulane with the light blue highlights and the all-timer angry wave logo.

Spoiler

usa_today_9546489.0.jpgimg_10269287.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Tulsa's right up there with LaTech for a great classic G5 look. My favorite is probably Tulane with the light blue highlights and the all-timer angry wave logo.

Reveal hidden contents

usa_today_9546489.0.jpgimg_10269287.jpg

Agreed. The gold and blue look really sharp together, and I love the classic script "Tulsa."

spacer.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

So small changes to the Y?

I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that BYU is re-emphasizing royal blue under Kalani Sitake. Bronco Mendenhall started to dabble in it, but Kalani is bringing it back in a big way. Distinctive color and a classic and clean look that evokes some of our greatest years. I think our royal uniforms belong with the best in college football:

spacer.png

I'd be good if we completely shed the navy and went completely to royal, too.

And may the hated navy and tan bib uniforms / color combo forever rot in hell.

spacer.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I’d give up my wife’s left testicle for UK to go back to these instead of the b/w italian restaurant table linen look they sport now...

spacer.png

I love the checkerboard on both UK and Tenn. That K helmet needs to arrive yesterday, though. Them and UH have the same problem where the chunky interlocking U_ just blurs into a nothing shape from any distance.

Edited by texifornia

16 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I was quite fond of the look we brought out for the Tulsa game. Similar to week 1, but with the original Pistol Pete on the helmet and orange pants.

I don't mind this at all.  I just LOVE the triple stripe on the helmet.  It was a very nice especially considering we wore the gray abominations last week.  Also - I think TU's uniforms were pretty slick as well.

spacer.png

I hate hate HATE writing on pants.  Any program that does it should be given the death penalty. 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Crockett said:

I can't begin to tell you how glad I am that BYU is re-emphasizing royal blue under Kalani Sitake. Bronco Mendenhall started to dabble in it, but Kalani is bringing it back in a big way. Distinctive color and a classic and clean look that evokes some of our greatest years. I think our royal uniforms belong with the best in college football:

spacer.png

I'd be good if we completely shed the navy and went completely to royal, too.

spacer.png

Top one looks fantastic. I'd love to be a fly on the wall among highly paid designers, executives, and school officials when they all agreed upon the bottom unis. I mean, how? Did anyone raise the issue that they look incredibly stupid? Nobody? It's not even kitschy bad like some of the USFL unis. The bib is just, I can't even describe how terribly ridiculous they make the football players look. The words don't exist.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

"Well we've got an attractive and recognizable visual brand, what do you recommend?"

"LET'S FUCK THE SHIT UP COMPLETELY, THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING"

I always suspected a Utah grad got involved somehow and convinced BYU to change what already worked perfectly

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

BYU’s oval Y is distinctive and is instantly recognizable. Why would they give that up with a generic Y. The rest of their uniform is great.

It's the Y that they used on their helmets from 66 to 77 right before the switch to the oval Y.  It's a throwback to that era.   Which represents the Y on Y mountain.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"Well we've got an attractive and recognizable visual brand, what do you recommend?"

"LET'S FUCK THE SHIT UP COMPLETELY, THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING"

I always suspected a Utah grad got involved somehow and convinced BYU to change what already worked perfectly

The move to navy from royal was a misguided attempt to get the cheap fans to wear the school colors more because hey people probably already have some navy in their closet.

As for the tan, I have no explanation other than maybe to create a unique color combo because navy alone isn't and nobody was using tan (for good reason)? Otherwise, it has to be revenge or sabotage. Probably a Harvard Business School case study for poor decision making could be made out of this.

Also, the article that TeddyBearStallion linked to mentioned that the bib uniforms were outlawed because of the two color schemes on a single jersey. Any other examples out there of a jersey so bad the NCAA outlawed it?

11 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The BYU royal unis with the oval Y are stellar.

And it was a darker royal blue then the ones they have ow (thought that could just be the material?)  

10 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

That's bad ass.  It's just unfortunately tied to Mormonism.

Who cares, what its tied to.   and I agree, it is badass, though they should have gone with the white pants to complete the white out look.  

Tulane's unis would look even better if they had a green helmet and green pants to go with those powder blue tops.   

6 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

And it was a darker royal blue then the ones they have ow (thought that could just be the material?)  

Who cares, what its tied to.   and I agree, it is badass, though they should have gone with the white pants to complete the white out look.  

Tulane's unis would look even better if they had a green helmet and green pants to go with those powder blue tops.   

The whole Mormon thing is the reason BYU is not a P5 school.  That's all I'm pointing out.  On one hand, they'd make a good Big 12 school.  On the other, no one wants to deal with their "no playing on Sundays" and team full of 30 year olds crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The whole Mormon thing is the reason BYU is not a P5 school.  That's all I'm pointing out.  On one hand, they'd make a good Big 12 school.  On the other, no one wants to deal with their "no playing on Sundays" and team full of 30 year olds crap.

The scheduling could be worked around and i don't care if they have 30 year old college kids. What will always hold them back is general fundy-ism. They are simply an older, larger Liberty or Oral Roberts University who joined the D-1 party before anybody gave a fuck.  They will never join the Pac or Big 12.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The scheduling could be worked around and i don't care if they have 30 year old college kids. What will always hold them back is general fundy-ism. They are simply an older, larger Liberty or Oral Roberts University who joined the D-1 party before anybody gave a fuck.  They will never join the Pac or Big 12.

That too.  We got rid of one cult in Aggy.  We don't need another.