Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I hated the black and grey. Actually like the gold/ yellow way more than I expected to.

Call me old fashioned but Baylor should always wear the metallic gold helmets with green home jerseys.  Pants can be gold or white but you guys shouldn't screw with the traditional look.  All whites or whites with gold helmets are fine for road games.  One of the differences between TCU and Baylor is that TCU doesn't have a traditional look that goes back 50 years like Baylor.  If we have a traditional uni, it's the purple/black/purple combo that we've used with some variation since the LT years.   

1 hour ago, angelos's frog said:

Call me old fashioned but Baylor should always wear the metallic gold helmets with green home jerseys.  Pants can be gold or white but you guys shouldn't screw with the traditional look.  All whites or whites with gold helmets are fine for road games.  One of the differences between TCU and Baylor is that TCU doesn't have a traditional look that goes back 50 years like Baylor.  If we have a traditional uni, it's the purple/black/purple combo that we've used with some variation since the LT years.   

Your concern about the loss of the more metallic gold look was a very frequent complaint among Baylor fans with this change, and I agree a metallic gold helmet would be better. But, oh well- I don't control those things so I don't worry about it. I actually like the way the new gold looks on the shirts and pants at least. 

I never understood the reluctance of people in sports to refer to yellow as yellow.  I get that yellow used to mean "cowardly", but that seems beyond old-fashioned at this point, to the extent, I would think, that most kids below the age of 20 probably have no idea that "yellow" has that meaning for some people.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

6 hours ago, Dirk X West said:

I never understood the reluctance of people in sports to refer to yellow as yellow.  I get that yellow used to mean "cowardly", but that seems beyond old-fashioned at this point, to the extent, I would think, that most kids below the age of 20 probably have no idea that "yellow" has that meaning for some people.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

“Crimson and cream”...no your uniforms are red and white you toothless goat-sister fuckers. Now ride your trailer into a damn F5 tornado. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 2:16 PM, Dirk X West said:

And, dropping a barbell, he points to the sky 
Saying, "The sun's not yellow, it's chicken

28 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Great. So I guess it's safe to say that 2019 isn't the year that everyone realizes that the all-black unis jumped the shark a decade ago?

I mean, come on Boise...even Baylor apparently figured this out. 

Yep. So glad Baylor ditched the black and grey uniforms.