Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Army reveals their tribute to The Big Red One infantry unit.

2018 MARKS THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF AMERICA’S FIRST DIVISION HELPING END THE FIRST GREAT WAR OF THE 20TH CENTURY. 

THE FIRST INFANTRY DIVISION.

The FIRST permanent division in the regular Army. 
The FIRST American division to fight in the first World War. 
The FIRST to use modern, combined arms operations. 
The FIRST to defeat the enemy at the Battle of Cantigny.

Gallery+8.jpg?format=750wAL0I7901-edit.jpg?format=500wGallery+3.jpg?format=500w

Well they look cool. Would have zero clue it was West Point just looking at them, but they are neat.

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well they look cool. Would have zero clue it was West Point just looking at them, but they are neat.

IMO that's kinda the charm regarding these uni's. Former/current military, etc. would like at it and immediately notice the small details like the infantry branch insignia. 

I like the symbolism of Army's recent special unis, but some I them I don't necessarily find aesthetically pleasing.  This year's look meh.  All black with some red accents.  Meh in my opinion if just looking at them.  Navy has done better aesthetically over the years, the helmets in particular.

On 12/2/2018 at 9:18 PM, TexEx15 said:

Some cool information in the link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Infantry_Division_(United_States)

They kicked some ass in WW1

By April 1918, the German Army had pushed to within 40 miles (64 km) of Paris. In reaction to this thrust, the Big Red One moved into the Picardy Sector to bolster the exhausted French First Army. To the division's front lay the small village of Cantigny, situated on the high ground overlooking a forested countryside. The 28th Infantry Regiment[9] attacked the town, and within 45 minutes captured it along with 250 German soldiers. It was the first American victory of the war. The 28th was thereafter named the "Black Lions of Cantigny."[9]

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, utee94 said:

You'll switch next year, because that's what the TCUs and the Baylors and the Marylands of the world do.

yeah... fucking ditch the all-blacks, and there you go. All purple at home, all white on the road (although I would go w/purple helmets on the road). Simple. but no they gotta have all blacks, grays, spitting blood helmets, chrome, gadget shit

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

yeah... fucking ditch the all-blacks, and there you go. All purple at home, all white on the road (although I would go w/purple helmets on the road). Simple. but no they gotta have all blacks, grays, spitting blood helmets, chrome, gadget shit

Nope, purple jerseys and white pants at home; white jerseys and purple pants on the road.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Ugh. The diamond/spines are cheesy as hell. As are the black unis. Black and purple look fucking terrible together (not to mention that all-black is so unbelievably tired and cliche). 

Kansas St has done a good job with their unis and purple as their primary color. Be more like KSU. 

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

TCU has been wearing black jerseys and/or pants since the late 90's.  We were one of the first programs to adopt black as an alternate color and we've done it for so long that it basically is our traditional uni. 

1998 Sun Bowl win over Carson Palmer and USC

Check out LT in black jersey and purple pants in 1999

ap00120401868.jpg

And LT sporting the purple jersey/black pants in 1999 or 2000  photos.medleyphoto.5283067.jpg