Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's a nice thought, but connecting the state seal to World War I soldiers is a bit of a leap.

Next game I hear Texas is going to put a ship on their helmets for the 106th anniversary and remembrance of all those American merchant sailors that were forced to serve on British ships causing the war of 1812...

sad to see Notre Dame lowering themselves to that level... of course even their regular uniforms are all kinds of fucked up since they changed the gold

I read something interesting a few days ago that said the reason you see so many teams wear uniform pants that are flat colors instead of the shiny metallic you saw in the 90s is because the metallic material was MUCH heavier than the material used to make the flat-color pants. 

6 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

sad to see Notre Dame lowering themselves to that level... of course even their regular uniforms are all kinds of fucked up since they changed the gold

I read something interesting a few days ago that said the reason you see so many teams wear uniform pants that are flat colors instead of the shiny metallic you saw in the 90s is because the metallic material was MUCH heavier than the material used to make the flat-color pants. 

They did not wear "shiny metallic" pants back in the 60's  or 70's either.

college-football-cotton-bowl-aerial-view

5f67adeebdb62387b6776be8569af4a3.jpg

Army's last two editions have been simply outstanding.  Blacked out 82nd Airborne...and, come on, X Mountain in the freaking snow?!  How awesome was that? I am really looking forward to what West Point and Nike cooked up this year...

Edited by Dutch

On November 29, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Dutch said:

Army's last two editions have been simply outstanding.  Blacked out 82nd Airborne...and, come on, X Mountain in the freaking snow?!  How awesome was that? I am really looking forward to what West Point and Nike cooked up this year...

Loved the 82nd Airborne uniforms. Dad was in the 82nd and fought in the Battle of the Bulge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I think these are odd because most alternate unis are more risky and different.  OU just made sure its helmet logo and jersey name are bolded and then added a weird texture thing to its sleeves and helmet.  Looks like wood left over after a house fire.  

They look like Utah

f346f278bb34d631037366dbbe7c1d16-origina

Army reveals their tribute to The Big Red One infantry unit.

2018 MARKS THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF AMERICA’S FIRST DIVISION HELPING END THE FIRST GREAT WAR OF THE 20TH CENTURY. 

THE FIRST INFANTRY DIVISION.

The FIRST permanent division in the regular Army. 
The FIRST American division to fight in the first World War. 
The FIRST to use modern, combined arms operations. 
The FIRST to defeat the enemy at the Battle of Cantigny.

Gallery+8.jpg?format=750wAL0I7901-edit.jpg?format=500wGallery+3.jpg?format=500w

Edited by slorch