Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

Baylor has some beautiful uniforms when they stay simple.  When they get weird, it goes to hell.  OK State is the same way.  I'm not sure why they decided to be the Oregon of the Plains, but their basic set ups and throwbacks often look great.

Favorite Baylor set up

Robert+Griffin+III+Texas+Tech+v+Baylor+9

Baylor is green and gold. I loved the gold helmets. Generally - the helmet instability (non-throwback) drives me a little cray cray.

1 hour ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I see no reason that Navy should ever wear anything but these or a "dress blues" equivalent with the same helmet and pants for home games.

Navy-OSU-Aug30-2014-02.jpg

e: like this but as a football uniform:

140519-M-CE001-002.JPG

So you want  Navy to wear Marine Corps uniforms? And is that a man or woman second from left?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those Navy unis look slick; will be interesting to see what Army comes up with for this year's game.  I really liked their past two unis honoring the 82nd Airborne and 10th Mountain Divisions.

Both Academies have had very strong uni game the past few seasons...

rawImage.jpg

628961202.0.jpeg

usa_today_10468648.1512852039.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Only acceptable Baylor uniform:

COVINM1.jpg

A life lesson: Baylor has one player convicted, who I don't believe actually ever played. Coach fired, program destroyed. FSU acknowledges a conspiracy and cover-up among school, cops, athletics ... Winston gets a Heisman and coach ... well, okay ... mixed there: got $100M but also got aggy. #espn

1 hour ago, randygilman said:

I mean, LSU’s current uniforms are almost perfect, but I love those and the message and explanation behind them. 

fuck no

first rule of uniforms, don't change your helmets. LSU wears yellow helmets. it's not difficult.  here are the three best and most iconic helmets in college football without argument or equivocation, and what they have in common is that they are scarcely, if at all, changed in the lifetime of most college football fans

s-l1000.jpg

notre_dame_helmet.jpg

2s955d4.jpg

oh and the "reason" for LSU's candy-ass helmets, and OU wearing white helmets, and Ohio State having an alternate helmet every year? it's because it would be unseemly for the athletic director to literally suck a shoe company president's dick at midfield so they have to settle for doing it figuratively 

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

oh and the "reason" for LSU's candy-ass helmets, and OU wearing white helmets, and Ohio State having an alternate helmet every year? it's because it would be unseemly for the athletic director to literally suck a shoe company president's dick at midfield so they have to settle for doing it figuratively 

Heaven forbid LSU use (good) uniforms to honor soldiers who fought for the freedom for you to post something that stupid. 

11 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

did you know that the Chinese don't have a word for "naive"? 

Did you know it’s possible for two things to be a true at once?

the main point is that those aren’t bad (they aren’t), and that LSU has great uniforms.

And two of the three examples you used have had alternate helmets within the past years. 

57 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Hey late to the party but what was the deal with Iowa State wearing all black last week vs WVU?

67276d55-ac12-4c81-a201-42af204b02c3-Iow

The deal is that it looked awesome. Although some of the players wore their regular cardinal and gold underneath and it looked awkward when it poked through.

Also those LSU helmets are incredible.

18 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Really? What specifically looked awesome? There is nothing remotely interesting or unique (about 75% of D-I teams have work an all-black uni) about these, and they do nothing to reinforce Iowa St's brand. They're lame. 

A) They look super clean

B) Iowa State's standard uniforms are a knockoff of USC's. Anything that moves them away from that and in their own direction is a positive. Together with the all-cardinal and all-white look they look really fresh.

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, satyanash said:

A) They look super clean

B) Iowa State's standard uniforms are a knockoff of USC's. Anything that moves them away from that and in their own direction is a positive. Together with the all-cardinal and all-white look they look really fresh.

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg

Agree on getting away from the USC look - the white and cardinal in the pic are good (though gold or white pants would look better with the cardinal jersey)...

I'm just not seeing it with the black-and-white. It does nothing to distinguish them in any way. Different strokes, I suppose...

A uniform can simultaneously look clean but also in no way characteristic of the school wearing.  Any all black uni with no stripes, white numbers and a black and white helmet logo would look as clean as ISU's all-blacks, but it would also be boring as hell if every home team wore that. 

I personally like unique uniforms that easily identify who a team is.  There's a reason why the NFL, for ex., tries to make sure each team has a distinct visual brand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

A) They look super clean

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg

They’re not USC knockoffs anymore, as the picture you posted clearly demonstrates. Changed the design this year.

Regardless, the black is terrible. It’s not their own direction-it’s derivative of every insipid black alternate uniform we’ve been subjected to for the past 15 years.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

They’re not USC knockoffs anymore, as the picture you posted clearly demonstrates. Changed the design this year.

Regardless, the black is terrible. It’s not their own direction-it’s derivative of every insipid black alternate uniform we’ve been subjected to for the past 15 years.

There's nothing wrong with having a black alternate. Heck, it's exactly what we do in basketball. So do plenty of other teams.

Technically we have our own (ugly) black and burnt-orange jersey for football, we just don't use it outside of practice. They don't look great though, Iowa State does it better,

FF_1146434ALT1_full.jpg&w=1000&q=80

LSU wearing purple jerseys with white helmets looks great. Those above look great though I might prefer a regular purple helmet. Need to see that color change in game. 

Also, florida’s white helmet and blue F look great with all th uniform combinations they’ve used it with, but my favorite is the white blue white. 

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Agree on this piece. There can be more than one red and gold team, and ISU doesn't have those pointy shoulder stripes that SC does. If you flip to them on TV and know even a tiny bit about football, you know that's not SC instantly. The black collar on the home reds is still a bit fucky though.

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

A) They look super clean

Dhw4yvXUYAAGrX7.jpg

Black and white's look good and remind of Stanford's during the Luck era

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Why does LSU refuse to wear purple jerseys at home? For the same reason it has numbers painted every 5 yards instead of 10?

I wish they did. Their purple jerseys look good and I prefer tradition of wearing color at home and white on the road.