Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/10/2018 at 10:05 AM, Mileslong said:

Any school should use this simple blueprint for their uniforms. Follow these programs. The four best uniforms in football pro or college.

7094956eae1cea5e7fd9511ca10bec54.jpeg

67daee31af420ee288ffc0ec5a40c9a6.jpeg

af6858b6e7598eec6eb7564b4136392d.jpeg

4e49c4d3d4002bec43763e9314c2786e.jpeg

ec6807757d1cf06d8cba46cbf12e754d.jpeg

95302fd2fecded375a9a839a56fc8d59.jpeg

The Cowboys are the only team that can pull off having non-matching shades of silver on a modern uniform. If you tried to do propose some similar greenish-silver pants today with a regular silver helmet you'd get laughed out of the building.

Edited by texifornia

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Cowboys are the only team that can pull off having non-matching shades of silver on a modern uniform. If you tried to do propose some similar greenish-silver pants today with a regular silver helmet you'd get laughed out of the building.

One school that did it wrong: Arkansas pretty much just made alternates that looked like Ohio State at Fayetteville...

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 9:23 AM, formermav43 said:

No. Look at how many NFL teams wear colored pants with white jerseys vs. how many wear a monochrome look (especially before the recent obsession with that look in the last decade-traditionally it’s unknown).

Solid color, if it’s not white, looks amateurish.

NFL has a decidedly different aesthetic from CFB. But I agree, monochrome unis generally look best when they're all white. Still think white jersey + coloured pants is bland.

On another note Texas Tech's all-white unis look great against TCU

Edited by satyanash

14 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Those are some of the best uniforms in the game.  Why did you ever switch?

The great AD, Steve Pederson, oversaw the switch in 1997. I was at the press conference when they trotted out the new uniforms and leaned over to a buddy and said, "Those are fucking awful". They were. We've pissed around with various combinations since. All of them have sucked. Head Coach Johnny Majors and Jackie Sherrill were involved with the uniforms that made their debut in 1973. Once at a banquet I told Coach Harris that I wasn't going to tell him about how to run his football team (I knew him well enough to do this) but that I was certainly correct about how stinking awful our team looked in its stupid uniforms. I ran into Coach Majors at the airport soon after that and told him what I said and he laughed and loved it. There was never any reason to get rid of Script Pitt, for the DynoCat logo on the helmet. Script Pitt is based on William Pitt's signature. Yeah, let's just chuck it in the can.

Don't get me started on our stupid as fuck, when it comes to football uniforms, administration.

32 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

They should go back to those full time. 

That is the rumor for next year. I think the contract on the currant abortions for uniforms ends after this season.

Sorry about the double response. Tried to delete it, but over the time limit I guess.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The great AD, Steve Pederson, oversaw the switch in 1997. I was at the press conference when they trotted out the new uniforms and leaned over to a buddy and said, "Those are fucking awful". They were. We've pissed around with various combinations since. All of them have sucked. Head Coach Johnny Majors and Jackie Sherrill were involved with the uniforms that made their debut in 1973. Once at a banquet I told Coach Harris that I wasn't going to tell him about how to run his football team (I knew him well enough to do this) but that I was certainly correct about how stinking awful our team looked in its stupid uniforms. I ran into Coach Majors at the airport soon after that and told him what I said and he laughed and loved it. There was never any reason to get rid of Script Pitt, for the DynoCat logo on the helmet. Script Pitt is based on William Pitt's signature. Yeah, let's just chuck it in the can.

Don't get me started on our stupid as fuck, when it comes to football uniforms, administration.

That is the rumor for next year. I think the contract on the currant abortions for uniforms ends after this season.

Sorry about the double response. Tried to delete it, but over the time limit I guess.

Was he the same guy that wanted to get rid of "Pitt" and go by Pittsburgh for everything as well for a time? Because whoever did was also a moron. 

16 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Those are some of the best uniforms in the game.  Why did you ever switch?

Do I remember correctly that Wannstedt hated calling it "Pitt" and wanted that erased in favor of the full "Pittsburgh?"  I recall the helmets and endzone with a panther face, and the dark navy/metallic gold came then.

5 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Do I remember correctly that Wannstedt hated calling it "Pitt" and wanted that erased in favor of the full "Pittsburgh?"  I recall the helmets and endzone with a panther face, and the dark navy/metallic gold came then.

They had that shit when we played them in a bowl in 2000.  I think Walt Harris was still there at the time.

17 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Was he the same guy that wanted to get rid of "Pitt" and go by Pittsburgh for everything as well for a time? Because whoever did was also a moron. 

The one and the same. The idiot who fired Frank Solich at Nebraska in favor of Bill Callahan. We used to call him Guy Smiley. He was run out of Nebraska for the harm he inflicted on their program. And then our administration, in a moment of brilliance, hired him back! He was finally fired less than five minutes after Paul Chryst was hired at Wisconsin.

17 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Not Wanny. Wanny is a Pitt guy. It was Guy Smiley, AKA Steve Pederson.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

They had that shit when we played them in a bowl in 2000.  I think Walt Harris was still there at the time.

Yup. Idiotic blue pants, check. DynoCat on the helmet, check. Pittsburgh written across the jersey, check. Stupid shit.

18 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You are right - it was our good friend Steve Pederson, as PittsburghTiger indicated.  BTW, I just read his wikipedia page and it is very clear either he or his agent wrote it.

Edited by Liquor and Poker

6 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

No, he was the Nebraska AD from 02-07.  Callahan was his brilliant move.  

I owe my gratitude to him, then.  One of the most fun days of my collegiate career was when we shit housed Callahan in '04 on a beautiful 80(!) degree day in early Novemeber in Ames.

24 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I owe my gratitude to him, then.  One of the most fun days of my collegiate career was when we shit housed Callahan in '04 on a beautiful 80(!) degree day in early Novemeber in Ames.

32 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

No, he was the Nebraska AD from 02-07.  Callahan was his brilliant move.  

Pretty crazy to think Nebraska has lost at least 4 games every year since Solich's last year in 2003.

15 fucking years. WOW. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

I don't think Solich and his .750 winning percentage was the answer they were looking for, but everything they tried after that has been a little crazy and aggressive.  Swinging from the NFL offensive genius, to the guy who get so mad he pisses himself, to a likeable storekeeper guy, to a guy who had one year running a at a mid-range school.  That's kind of scattershot and desperate-looking.

38 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I don't think Solich and his .750 winning percentage was the answer they were looking for, but everything they tried after that has been a little crazy and aggressive.  Swinging from the NFL offensive genius, to the guy who get so mad he pisses himself, to a likeable storekeeper guy, to a guy who had one year running a at a mid-range school.  That's kind of scattershot and desperate-looking.

The Mike Reilly hire was the biggest head scratcher of all.  I still don't understand why you ditch Pelini (crazy as he was) for that guy.

I ain't complaining, because fuck 'em, but still.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

The Mike Reilly hire was the biggest head scratcher of all.  I still don't understand why you ditch Pelini (crazy as he was) for that guy.

I ain't complaining, because fuck 'em, but still.

I really hoped that one would work - Riley is one of the good guys. Of course, between him and Charlie we've seen how well that correlates to coaching success.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I really hoped that one would work - Riley is one of the good guys. Of course, between him and Charlie we've seen how well that correlates to coaching success.

Definitely a likeable guy, it just seemed like a bad fit, and a strange move for both parties.  He was beloved at Oregon State and pretty much set there, but at the same time nothing in his resume said he was fit to restore a program to blue blood status.

It strikes me a little like David Beatty at Kansas.  I can't imagine anyone really, truly thought the arrangement would work.