Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We haven't done anything too crazy this year with the unis (yet).

I really liked the nice clean look we rocked against Boise.  Classic OSU home white-orange-white but with a little bit of flair. Love the black facemask.

bcd15d81a2eaec2f3940c67c292e5db7

Has there been a plan to wear the black helmets/ orange tops/ grey bottoms this fall..?

34 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

people seriously like TCU's black/purple abomination? Those colors really do not go well together. K-State does purple very well. 

I know I'm biased, but Texas has the best unis in the league every week. (But for the love of god, remove the redundant color logo.)

Edited by Hank Chinaski

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

people seriously like TCU's black/purple abomination? Those colors really do not go well together. K-State does purple very well. 

I know I'm biased, but Texas has the best unis in the league every week. (But for the love of god, remove the redundant color logo.)

I think as for TCU the grey helmet in lizard print/ purple top/ black pants, is the best way to tie all those colors together...

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Those damn Iowa State uniforms were making me hot. Fuck that looks hot wearing those dark on dark in the middle of the day.

They rated Texas as 4.5 stars? Fuck. Maybe go more burnt on the burnt orange, take off the shit12 logo, and take the nike swish off they could be a perfect 10.

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Those damn Iowa State uniforms were making me hot. Fuck that looks hot wearing those dark on dark in the middle of the day.

They rated Texas as 4.5 stars? Fuck. Maybe go more burnt on the burnt orange, take off the shit12 logo, and take the nike swish off they could be a perfect 10.

Uhh... I'm not sayin' nothing about conference moves... But otherwise, ISU had a solid look in my opinion, not the 'Clones fault XII stuck the game at 11:00... UT- #Solid...

The Longhorns rocked the same look as week two with the W-O-W. And just like last week, it was a winner.

Is this person mentally handicapped? Pretty sure we have worn W-O-W for every home game for 50 years at least.

Btw - it's always 5/5 stars, as are our road whites. Fuck out of here with that 4.5 star bullshit. 

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is this person mentally handicapped? Pretty sure we have worn W-O-W for every home game for 50 years at least.

Btw - it's always 5/5 stars, as are our road whites. Fuck out of here with that 4.5 star bullshit. 

Our current uniforms are ass my dude. Minus the "100" on the helmet, this should be our full-time look IMO (can you imagine the stormtroopers with this set-up?).

So much cleaner. And actually representative of a blue blood program. Unlike our current clusterfuck.

usa-today-8909211.0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

Our current uniforms are ass my dude. Minus the "100" on the helmet, this should be our full-time look IMO (can you imagine the stormtroopers with this set-up?).

So much cleaner. And actually representative of a blue blood program. Unlike our current clusterfuck.

usa-today-8909211.0.jpg

What exactly is the difference between this picture and the article?

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What exactly is the difference between this picture and the article?

GIANT "TEXAS" written out on the front. Longhorn logo on the collar in the center.

Anyway. ITS NOT BURNT ORANGE ENOUGH. and Metallic orange on the helmets sucks shit too. Look at all these weird pinks and reflections come out when you look close at the pixels.

SHIT.jpg

ENHANCE.jpg

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Zavala said:

GIANT "TEXAS" written out on the front. Longhorn logo on the collar in the center.

Anyway. ITS NOT BURNT ORANGE ENOUGH. and Metallic orange on the helmets sucks shit too. Look at all these weird pinks and reflections come out when you look close at the pixels.

SHIT.jpg

ENHANCE.jpg

It's not the same "burnt" orange that I grew up watching back in the days of the SWC, mid 1980's...

Eric+Metcalf3.jpgStanleyRichard_original.jpg?1298597883

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zavala said:

SHIT.jpg

This+needs+more+pixels+_c22c8e9bda23e601

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

TEXAS size 267 in shitty font (Garamond?)

TV shoulder numbers in an era where it’s conpletely unnecessary and stupid 

Collar logo that clutters everything and looks like shit

You sound like fun at parties. White helmet. Orange Bevo sticker. No gay ass pride stickers. White pants. Orange jersey white numbers and names. Stripes or no stripes. Who gives a fuck.

You know what makes your jerseys look good? Beating headass teams on the football field. Leave the uniform pandering to the mouth breathers. 

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

TEXAS size 267 in shitty font (Garamond?)

TV shoulder numbers in an era where it’s conpletely unnecessary and stupid 

Collar logo that clutters everything and looks like shit

Honestly you sound like a fucking aggy. Worry about the scoreboard you bum. 

It's not the same "burnt" orange that I grew up watching back in the days of the SWC, mid 1980's...
Eric+Metcalf3.jpgStanleyRichard_original.jpg?1298597883

Considering you post 500 worthless posts a day on this site, one would think you’d have seen the multiple times in this thread where decades of jerseys show you’re fucking wrong.
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly you sound like a fucking aggy. Worry about the scoreboard you bum. 

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

By the way, from the fucking words of DKR himself about stripes on jerseys (somewhat paraphrased): "These are work uniforms. We aren't fucking pussies that wear stripes on our work clothes, bitch"

So maybe worry about the product first.

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You sound like fun at parties. White helmet. Orange Bevo sticker. No gay ass pride stickers. White pants. Orange jersey white numbers and names. Stripes or no stripes. Who gives a fuck.

You know what makes your jerseys look good? Beating headass teams on the football field. Leave the uniform pandering to the mouth breathers. 

Hi Major Harsin

• Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Yeah do not care for the TCU black/purple.  They need to stick with this look:

f7309fa8-af60-4ba5-8db7-788d52c1424a.jpg

And agreed KSU unis are great. I know they are kind of Dallas Cowboy ripoffs, but still... they look very sharp.

35 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah do not care for the TCU black/purple.  They need to stick with this look:

f7309fa8-af60-4ba5-8db7-788d52c1424a.jpg

And agreed KSU unis are great. I know they are kind of Dallas Cowboy ripoffs, but still... they look very sharp.

Yup - those are way better. I'd get rid of all the black trim too, but this is an improvement nonetheless. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

We haven't done anything too crazy this year with the unis (yet).

I really liked the nice clean look we rocked against Boise.  Classic OSU home white-orange-white but with a little bit of flair. Love the black facemask.

bcd15d81a2eaec2f3940c67c292e5db7

Definitely our best look, by far.  I love the helmet brand with the black infil, like the midfield logo.  I also like the helmet stripe and collar.  I wish we'd use this exclusively at home, but I don't make the decisions.

19 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I know they plan out all of the uniform combos in advance, but they don't let anyone know until game day, so.... maybe?

We did do black/black/grey against South Alabama.

r960-a20d2704c9ad85104d18c1431713a07a.jp

Except these were the "sherriff badge," barbed wire, Ed Hardy bowling ball helmets.  I'm not a fan, at all.  Wish they'd let it go.

19 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Definitely our best look, by far.  I love the helmet brand with the black infil, like the midfield logo.  I also like the helmet stripe and collar.  I wish we'd use this exclusively at home, but I don't make the decisions.

Except these were the "sherriff badge," barbed wire, Ed Hardy bowling ball helmets.  I'm not a fan, at all.  Wish they'd let it go.

I had no idea the OSU wordmark was supposed to be a brand. I've never really liked it but at least it has some thought behind it.

11 hours ago, ERhine said:

Considering you post 500 worthless posts a day on this site, one would think you’d have seen the multiple times in this thread where decades of jerseys show you’re fucking wrong.

Using different materials over the course of years, can cause a slight inconsistency in having the same "shade", even if the same registered color... (just an opinion)

01bdbd40a8e83404c32b568c0111d7a7f393475b

2018-08-20T180857Z_1_LYNXNPEE7J1C7-OUSSP

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Using different materials over the course of years, can cause a slight inconsistency in having the same "shade", even if the same registered color... (just an opinion)

01bdbd40a8e83404c32b568c0111d7a7f393475b

2018-08-20T180857Z_1_LYNXNPEE7J1C7-OUSSP

Dude, that's the lighting/photo more than anything. Look at the skin tones. Look at how dark the shadows are. Everything is darker about the top one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Dude, that's the lighting/photo more than anything. Look at the skin tones. Look at how dark the shadows are. Everything is darker about the top one.

But the Longhorn on the helmet was never metallic reflective. 

Flat is where it's at for burnt orange.

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

But the Longhorn on the helmet was never metallic reflective. 

Flat is where it's at for burnt orange.

It's not metallic reflective now. It was for a couple years in the Strong era. Now it's just the color of the jersey, which it should be. The chocolate brown helmet logos with the burnt orange jerseys always looked terrible to me. It wasn't any shade of orange, burnt or otherwise.

David+Ash+West+Virginia+v+Texas+7G-Huk_e

Edited by Thermos H. Christ