Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Zavala said:

Honestly the people in charge getting paid big bux to design this shit are so horrible. Pintripe football pants?

Honestly, the people getting paid the "big bux" are like anyone else in client services and are at the mercy of the client, who is wholly responsible for the final product  

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

Honestly, the people getting paid the "big bux" are like anyone else in client services and are at the mercy of the client, who is wholly responsible for the final product  

Nike's designers are brilliant. I'm sure Adidas and UA's are as well. University admins are your problem here.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:32 PM, BlueGreySky said:

Goddammit. I fucking hate this with every ounce of my soul.  Every fucking year it's another abortion.  The only abortion ND endorses.  

I feel for you. I dread the day Texas does some stupid shit like this. ND obviously has iconic, great uniforms. Throwing in a green jersey every once in a while is an awesome touch. 

But the garbage "alt" unis they've used the last few years are fucking terrible. Just...why?

1 hour ago, Sock Drawer said:

I'm not sure "really cool" is the predicate adjective I'd have used. I might have leaned more toward "ugly as shit."

In fairness, I had just seen those hideous Notre Dame/Yankees jerseys before looking at these, so pretty much anything would have struck me as "really cool" at that moment. 

They're cool in the 1980's San Diego Padres kind of way. 

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

They should go back to this permanently 

I think it would be great for a permanent alternate, in being used say 2 or 3 games each year..! 

Griz-football-poll.jpg

Although, wonders how these uniforms look with the fans in the stadium/ end zones in dark red, while the team itself is in brown-orange & yellow...

Edited by kopp0e

On 8/16/2018 at 11:58 AM, mdmost said:

Just awful but so is playing football in a baseball stadium.

What a horrible decision all around. This can only be made worse with the Yankees idiot radio announcer, John Sterling, calling this game.

The guy goes from being an ok radio announcer to having the most douche chilling calls in all of sports.

The Italian phrase he made up for Giancarlo Stanton home run calls is probably the most horrific piece of broadcasting to ever be uttered on the radio in all of sports history. 

13 minutes ago, fellside said:

I've never liked their colors or seen a design that makes them look close to decent.

That might be the one school that could improve things by trying to Oregon it up or move away from their colors.

I will say, Carolina garnet wears well - it looks good on people in person. The black is whatever.

Script Carolina is a good idea - it tweaks UNC and the C with the gamecock in the middle is completely unintelligible on TV.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

South Carolina unveils new uniforms that has a script Carolina written on the helmets.

What's with the trend of getting out of water in the new uniforms this year..?

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Needs the work "Cocks" in script.

By the looks of the intro, I will go with #CockSharks... 

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

What's with the trend of getting out of water in the new uniforms this year..?

It made sense for Miami’s uniforms- both because of the team name and the eco-friendly nature of their uniforms. 

Looks like the Carolina kids saw that video and liked it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 7:32 PM, Hank Chinaski said:

I feel for you. I dread the day Texas does some stupid shit like this. ND obviously has iconic, great uniforms. Throwing in a green jersey every once in a while is an awesome touch. 

But the garbage "alt" unis they've used the last few years are fucking terrible. Just...why?

Can't wait for the Big Tex alts for Ou weekend. 

5 hours ago, LTbear said:

It made sense for Miami’s uniforms- both because of the team name and the eco-friendly nature of their uniforms. 

Looks like the Carolina kids saw that video and liked it.

Well, let's hope for the sake of teams in the southwest, that the Red Raiders don't make a clip about their uniform swag, while running into sand dunes then..!

• Like 1