Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Miami went 10-3 last year and went to the ACCCG and the Orange Bowl. Granted they lost to Pitt...

Miami had a cute and fun season last year, but I don’t think they are gonna sustain 10+ win seasons soon. Miami got plagued by injuries and once the wheels started coming off things got ugly. I think Richt is a good coach and will keep them in the ballpark of 9 wins and hopefully out of the headlines.

On 8/7/2018 at 9:33 PM, Mileslong said:

Good lord, those aren’t even stripes around the shoulder pads anymore, just some short marks that look like an Adidas logo instead of an iconic part of their uniform...

We talkin bout practice jerseys.

Primeknit A1 or whatever adidas is calling their new materials looks better than the tire tread of recent years. I’ll reserve final judgment until seeing if they’re capable of adding a nameplate that doesn’t get warped to shit.

9 hours ago, mdmost said:

I'm going to go "Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino" here, but changing uniforms every game is weak sauce for candyass programs with no tradition or history.  USC is going to go out every week and look like USC.  Because they're USC.   Just like we will look like Texas, because we are The University of Texas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

We talkin bout practice jerseys.

Primeknit A1 or whatever adidas is calling their new materials looks better than the tire tread of recent years. I’ll reserve final judgment until seeing if they’re capable of adding a nameplate that doesn’t get warped to shit.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

I'm going to go "Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino" here, but changing uniforms every game is weak sauce for candyass programs with no tradition or history.  USC is going to go out every week and look like USC.  Because they're USC.   Just like we will look like Texas, because we are The University of Texas.

our ranks shrink every year unfortunately, even programs like Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State have worn "who the fuck is that?" uniforms 

frankly I think OU's white helmets belong in that category too

On 8/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, TreatyOak said:

Art_Briles_Book.jpg

You didn't finish anything @LTbear but your beloved coach sure finished off your program.  

I’m not looking to finish anything, nor was Briles beloved by me. I simply don’t have any patience for people who try to make light of such serious situations, or who try to insinuate my “brethren” are rapists and/or rape enablers, just as I won’t claim your brethren are any of the rapists, criminals, etc who may have happened to graduate from UT. Briles needed to go, but the bigger problem for Baylor is the remaining Board of Regents, who attempted to highlight the football failings in order to save their own ass. To be clear, again, Briles needed to go, and some of us did whatever we could (not much if you’re not a big time donor, but many complaints and calls to everyone in power) to voice our opinions saying as much. It’s increasingly clear that the BOR really tried to push ALL the public story onto football, because in so doing they could attempt to look as though they’d addressed the problem while covering their own ass. Football was particularly bad, but it was a university wide problem, and that falls on the BOR. Every single member of the BOR needs to get their old piece of shit asses out of town. You’ll note with every news item regarding Baylor as of late they put out some BS desperate response, still more concerned with covering their ass than just admitting their fault and stepping down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueGreySky said:

Dumb.

And those USF unis are garbage. Remember Hypercolor? The color-changing t-shirts from the 90s? Yeah, they should do that too.

Wouldn't expect anything less from the moron who bedazzled the most iconic logo in college football.

Fuck him.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I think I’m in the minority (overall, even if not here) but I didn’t like the Navy helmets with airbrushed ships and I don’t like the AF helmets with airbrushed planes. 

Would prefer just the patches/ensignia on the helmets, but still pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

I think I’m in the minority (overall, even if not here) but I didn’t like the Navy helmets with airbrushed ships and I don’t like the AF helmets with airbrushed planes. 

I don't like them either.  Too busy for a helmet.  I liked these, in the following order.

Image result for navy helmet

Image result for navy helmet

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

There’s no way Miss fans are okay with this nonsense.

Exactly.  I can't imagine a sane fanbase in a state without a damning history of violent racism would be ok with it, let alone what I assume is one of the most openly racist fanbases in the country.

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I thought it was just for the football team, is this supposed to cover for all athletics as the Ole Miss Landsharks..? 

They're still the Ole Miss Rebels, and their uniforms and on-field stuff are staying the same.

It's just a mascot and some merchandise - after the black bear soaked up all the criticism for the needed change from Colonel Reb, they now have a mascot that the students came up with and people actually like.

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I thought it was just for the football team, is this supposed to cover for all athletics as the Ole Miss Landsharks..? 

Aw shit missed the edit window. To answer the other side of the question - all the Ole Miss sports teams started doing the Landshark thing, so yeah it's across the department:

trackfins.jpg

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

They're still the Ole Miss Rebels, and their uniforms and on-field stuff are staying the same.

It's just a mascot and some merchandise - after the black bear soaked up all the criticism for the needed change from Colonel Reb, they now have a mascot that the students came up with and people actually like.

Ok, that works for me, as long as the program is cool with it & I don't feel like an old fart for wanting to still call the team the Reb's..!

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That can't possibly be true.  There's not a way in hell a bunch of college students approved of this, much less came up with.

mSLNN9J6_400x400.jpg

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Aw shit missed the edit window. To answer the other side of the question - all the Ole Miss sports teams started doing the Landshark thing, so yeah it's across the department:

trackfins.jpg

Well, ahem... I can agree with those chicks... Landsharks it is..!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

trackfins.jpg

Would....all of them....at one time.

Ha ! Who am I kidding....the first one would kill me.

• Like 1