Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

They should just always do that. Florida's gator head isn't a particularly great logo (though it is a cool mascot).

EDIT: Of course they always have script on their helmets, I'm a dumbass. Thanks @randygilman. Still think their logo could be better, though.

University-of-Florida-Gators-Football-FS

These are the ones. 

On 10/18/2018 at 7:49 PM, Dirk X West said:

A uniform can simultaneously look clean but also in no way characteristic of the school wearing.  Any all black uni with no stripes, white numbers and a black and white helmet logo would look as clean as ISU's all-blacks, but it would also be boring as hell if every home team wore that. 

I personally like unique uniforms that easily identify who a team is.  There's a reason why the NFL, for ex., tries to make sure each team has a distinct visual brand. 

Call me an old-fashioned, get-off-my-lawn guy, but I like looking up at a tv and being able to tell who’s playing just by the uniforms. 

Regarding traditional uniforms, I like LSU’s white jersey with yellow pants much better than USC’s version. I like USC’s helmet and home uni, but I can’t say the same for their away look. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Underdog said:

Rotation?  Shit, just make it permanent. 

I seem to be saying that more and more. I don't know if it's because a lot of the throw back uniforms are what teams wore when I was a kid or what (shit that means I am getting old) but some of the current uniforms are just awful. 

Also stay off my lawn. 

11 hours ago, Mileslong said:

OSU needs to wear grey jerseys and grey pants with black and grey sparkly helmets that change colors with the lights. - millennials

The kids playing football now are not millenials.

Try again.

Millenials 1982-1995(ish)

Ok, maybe the seniors.

Edited by Dnaguy

10 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The kids playing football now are not millenials.

Try again.

Millenials 1982-1995(ish)

Ok, maybe the seniors.

They're calling them Gen Z: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z

They apparently have low self-esteem, so maybe glittery uniforms cheer them up?

Edited by texifornia

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

30642cd7305d3e44c9c2898c8f4f754c.jpg

It’s humbling to recall how shitty our stadium was when I enrolled. It still looked like this in 2000.

Shit it still looked this until... maybe 2003 or 2004? I can't recall which year was the first with the South side re-done with the club level and shit. 

Of course what you can't see in this photo is the rust-covered underside and the disgusting bathrooms with giant even more disgusting urinal troughs.

It's truely amazing how completely terrible our facilities were until basically the late 2000s. I'd venture to guess they were easily the worst among all P5 programs.

The press box side was torn down and rebuilt between the 2003 and 2004 seasons.  I remember the first game of the year the rust was painted over, as were the piss stains in the pee troughs.  Nothing like the smell of spray paint and piss to remind you that football season had arrived!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The press box side was torn down and rebuilt between the 2003 and 2004 seasons.  I remember the first game of the year the rust was painted over, as were the piss stains in the pee troughs.  Nothing like the smell of spray paint and piss to remind you that football season had arrived!

I think you've got your new twitter handle:

@spraypaintpiss

Shit it still looked this until... maybe 2003 or 2004? I can't recall which year was the first with the South side re-done with the club level and shit. 
Of course what you can't see in this photo is the rust-covered underside and the disgusting bathrooms with giant even more disgusting urinal troughs.
It's truely amazing how completely terrible our facilities were until basically the late 2000s. I'd venture to guess they were easily the worst among all P5 programs.

This was the time period I was there. South was started after I began in 2002 and was definitely finished by 2006. Can't recall if the North was complete when I left. The bowl came a couple years later because I remember going back to a few games after graduation while it was still incomplete.

It was definitely a big rusty turd of a stadium.

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Gotcha.

I'd say the bulk of college football fans fall into GenX / baby boomers though.... right?

grumpy old white men, from everything I've read, meaning that basically if you don't think everything that changes in college football is always awesome and wonderful, you're a grumpy old white guy

Edited by SwanderedTalent

22 hours ago, Okie State said:

This was the time period I was there. South was started after I began in 2002 and was definitely finished by 2006. Can't recall if the North was complete when I left. The bowl came a couple years later because I remember going back to a few games after graduation while it was still incomplete.

It was definitely a big rusty turd of a stadium.

Yeah I think the "bowling in" took place over the 2007-08 season maybe? Remember we had one season where you had all of these empty seats in that end because they were still working on the facilities under the stadium.  IIRC the big "grand opening" of the fully renovated stadium was for the Georgia game in 2009.

22 hours ago, Mileslong said:

This is how you properly do uniforms, two of the greatest unis of all time, simple is better and timeless

3c0b881aedf412fa3e148ce01696364a.gif

I don't understand why Dallas doesn't go back to the flat gray pants.  Would improve their look tremendously and make it the perfect uniform.

^ That's a penalty for UR in today's NFL. 

I don't mind the alternates and even think the Irish's Shamrock Series have been somewhat neat.  Just think the schools that have the multiple combos is a bit too much.  I despise UK's uniform with the checkerboard sleeves, gray, black,chrome combos and just wish they'd go back to the Power K look I grew up with or even as recent as the Curry era.  

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

^ That's a penalty for UR in today's NFL. 

I don't mind the alternates and even think the Irish's Shamrock Series have been somewhat neat.  Just think the schools that have the multiple combos is a bit too much.  I despise UK's uniform with the checkerboard sleeves, gray, black,chrome combos and just wish they'd go back to the Power K look I grew up with or even as recent as the Curry era.  

I think having one alternate game a year is fine - OU (barf) has done it pretty well. ND gets too silly with theirs.

The Okie State uniforms of the late 80s and early 90s were awesome, both orange and black jerseys. Don’t understand the need to fuck up uniforms (goes for all college and pro teams) with shark tooth stripes, weird background patterns in the fabric, glitter, etc. All people, not just the grumpy old men, will be laughing at this generation’s uniforms in 2040.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I think the "bowling in" took place over the 2007-08 season maybe? Remember we had one season where you had all of these empty seats in that end because they were still working on the facilities under the stadium.  IIRC the big "grand opening" of the fully renovated stadium was for the Georgia game in 2009.

IRC playing you guys in maybe ‘08, and the Bowl was constructed but off limits for seating.  

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Why do they wear that weird greenish silver?

I was always told it was for early color televisions.  It looked better on TV for that technology and since they were "America's Team" they wanted their TV presence to be as good a possible.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

ill be rooting against them for another reason now, horrible. not a single school color...

Their colors are black and gold and the uniform is 80% black...

Plus the Citronaut, beyond being cool and retro, is their traditional mascot.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

Their colors are black and gold and the uniform is 80% black...

Plus the Citronaut, beyond being cool and retro, is their traditional mascot.

Yes i know what their school colors are, black and two shades of gold. now show me where you see black and gold in those ridiculous blue star uniforms