Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

19 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

And I'll reiterate how stupid it is for schools without black in their official colors to use the all black unis.

It was maybe sort of a novelty like a decade ago, but at this point?.... come on.  Just about every school out there has trotted out the all blacks at this point.  It's stupid.

I think Iowa State had some pretty good threads with their look earlier this year...

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I think Iowa State had some pretty good threads with their look earlier this year...

Eh, I actually really didn't like that they did black uniforms with zero of their school colors in them. They were attractive but completely generic. At least Oregon has green trim.

Edited by texifornia

30 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

And I'll reiterate how stupid it is for schools without black in their official colors to use the all black unis.

It was maybe sort of a novelty like a decade ago, but at this point?.... come on.  Just about every school out there has trotted out the all blacks at this point.  It's stupid.

I'll reiterate the stupidity in my opinion of having a basketball player logo on football uniforms.

• Like 3

I like those kicks with the old school swoosh...

Kinda hard to tell what it's going to look like on the court from that clip.

If it pays homage to Prince, it should be a little funky, while still kicking ass.

16 minutes ago, LTbear said:

8784704.png

Meh

I am loath to ever say anything nice about Baylor, but I like the logo (assuming it was a thing at some point?).

Of course, Baylor could fuck up anything and went with an awkward-looking black facemask (maybe it is green, but should be white or gray). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Just now, Hank Chinaski said:

I am loathe to ever say anything nice about Baylor, but I like the logo (assuming it was a thing at some point?).

Of course, Baylor could fuck up anything and went with an awkward-looking black facemask (maybe it is green, but should be white or gray). 

It’s an old logo we’ve had since the 50’s, when most of the similar “angry mascot” logos got created. Long been a fan favorite and many have wanted it on a uniform for a long time, so they’re breaking these out for homecoming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I am loath to ever say anything nice about Baylor, but I like the logo (assuming it was a thing at some point?).

Co-sign all of this. Those vintage logos are great as secondary looks.

I’m a get off my grass guy. And would never approve of changing anything about our uni’s except the occasional color shift, number height, etc. Those subtle changes I understand. And I think the same should be said of all the helmet schools.

The Oregon thing on the other hand was Phil Knight finally achieving the financial power to do something to create awareness for a program few east of the Rockies even knew exsisted. And quite frankly they have been pretty fucking entertaining even though sometimes they go way to far (see their basketball court floor for an example of this). So for smaller schools who could benefit from such a move more power to them. Though the chrome helmet thing always reminds me of “Flash....duh duh Gordon”.....

6 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

That Pitt look is classic.  Baylor and NCSt with the vintage angry mascots is also on point.  That uniform is better than almost all of the trash the bears have sported on the field for the last two years. 

I'm a fan of NC State's other vintage logo.

NC-State-throwback-f.png

36 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I thought the Utes were an indian tribe? Why the bird?

Red tailed hawk (indigenous to Utah) was introduced as the mascot in 1996 after receiving permission from the Ute Tribal Council.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46389882/cosmo-swoop-big-blue-and-more-facts-about-utah-college-mascots