Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

I'd like to see the focus group research that said that people wanted grey uniforms. I just don't see how it could possibly draw majority support, even from "the yooths" as they say. I don't know a single person who liked our grey uniforms, and most of us actively hate them.

Edited by 'stache

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I'd like to see the focus group research that said that people wanted grey uniforms. I just don't see how it could possibly draw majority support, even from "the yooths" as they say. I don't know a single person who liked our grey uniforms, and most of us actively hate them.

It was the same focus group that changed the formula for Coke and changed the name of Kentucky Fried Chicken to KFC. 

On 8/13/2021 at 9:29 AM, texifornia said:

Political correctness aside, these teams have got to stop picking weird meaningless "mascots" that are more a general concept than a thing a kid can identify and draw.

Agreed, but virtually every mascot can be found to be problematic. For the life of me I cannot understand how the 49ers have not been forced to change their name.

I'm not even going to post because they're so fugly, but Baylor's move from green and gold to mustard and olive is the worst change I can remember. Basically looks like giant condiments. The good old days:

image.png.bdc3527834c707ad788ce1ae199e82f0.png

19 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Agreed, but virtually every mascot can be found to be problematic. For the life of me I cannot understand how the 49ers have not been forced to change their name.

I'm not even going to post because they're so fugly, but Baylor's move from green and gold to mustard and olive is the worst change I can remember. Basically looks like giant condiments. The good old days:

image.png.bdc3527834c707ad788ce1ae199e82f0.png

I'm biased, but the A's have my favorite baseball uniforms with two different spins on green and gold, and it's weird that Baylor isn't on the same level. Oregon's vintage uniforms also have a great pairing of green/gold shades.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm biased, but the A's have my favorite baseball uniforms with two different spins on green and gold, and it's weird that Baylor isn't on the same level. Oregon's vintage uniforms also have a great pairing of green/gold shades.

Green has always been my favorite color, and I love the A's Kelly Green uniforms. In college football, gold helmets are rare and very cool - no idea why Baylor would move away from gold in favor of whatever it is sporing now ... and the olive and yellow just likes like vomit (and those Packers unis above).

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I truly do not understand the color rush trend. Too much of one color is just unpleasant to the eye. There needs to be contrast between pants and jersey.

That Packers uni is a throwback, and they'll probably only wear it once a year. They've been wearing blue throwbacks more often than not for the last decade or so. 

I agree it's not a good look, though.

(

3 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

I think he means having both the number and the logo on the helmet rather than the numbers on both sides. Boise State does this a lot too and it looks like shit 

Ahh, got it. In that case, I, too, definitely agree with both of you. 
Like, pick a theme and stick with it. One of the many reasons I’m no Steelers fan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

no idea why Baylor would move away from gold in favor of whatever it is sporing now ... 

Since the vast majority of other sports had been wearing the "yellow" gold for so long, the AD's goal was to unify all Baylor sports under consistent colors for branding purposes. Many Baylor fans agree with your preference for the true gold helmets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

Since the vast majority of other sports had been wearing the "yellow" gold for so long, the AD's goal was to unify all Baylor sports under consistent colors for branding purposes. Many Baylor fans agree with your preference for the true gold helmets. 

I did not like the move away from Old Gold in the Briles era, but I did like the gold chromes! I generally hate the multiple helmets.

8 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I did not like the move away from Old Gold in the Briles era, but I did like the gold chromes! I generally hate the multiple helmets.

Across college football, I generally dislike too many options, especially alternate colors. I hated the black and grey helmets of the Briles era and I'm not a fan of white helmets either. Green and gold are both fine; I like our current green ones better than the yellow gold honestly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Across college football, I generally dislike too many options, especially alternate colors. I hated the black and grey helmets of the Briles era and I'm not a fan of white helmets either. Green and gold are both fine; I like our current green ones better than the yellow gold honestly. 

Those white ones are really pretty, but they don't exactly scream Baylor Football (insert coed rape joke here)

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Those white ones are really pretty, but they don't exactly scream Baylor Football (insert coed rape joke here)

Exactly - white helmets look great when white is one of a team's colors (Texas, Oklahoma State, etc.). But white helmets just don't work for BU, IMO. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, TankedBevo said:

I think he means having both the number and the logo on the helmet rather than the numbers on both sides. Boise State does this a lot too and it looks like shit 

Exactly

Bama is classic with numbers on both sides. Penn State should go with their throwback look, too, IMO. Nothing on the helmets is too generic. Looks like a middle school team.