Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

On 12/12/2020 at 3:30 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Amazing to me how virtually every logo that’s had significant changes over time is currently worse now than it was at some point earlier.  For example, why would Tech ever change this to anything else?

8-BFA6277-B8-C0-4-E4-E-918-C-AAF9-C90-EF

aggy won’t play the Red Raiders because they got tee-tee on their helmets. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for @Al_4_ISU, what's the history why Iowa and ISU have always been in different conferences? OU and OSU were separated for some time, but were in the original SWC together, and the original Missouri Valley Conference, until OU split off with some other schools leaving OSU behind, but we joined back in 1960 when the Big 8 name became official.

Edited by 'stache

42 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Question for @Al_4_ISU, what's the history why Iowa and ISU have always been in different conferences? OU and OSU were separated for some time, but were in the original SWC together, and the original Missouri Valley Conference, until OU split off with some other schools leaving OSU behind, but we joined back in 1960 when the Big 8 name became official.

Iowa had been in the original Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Association, but joined the Big 10 as a full time member in 1911.  ISU had joined in 1908 (I'm getting this off of Wikipedia), and as the MVIAA grew with more of the west of the Mississippi/Plains states institutions, ISU just stayed put.  I guess we though it was a better fit (I think it probably is) to stay put as the core of that league was closer to Ames than most of the Big 10.  There was just never a desire on the part of either school to be in the same league.  As I understand it, Iowa saw themselves as this more sophisticated elite institution that wanted to rub shoulders with the more glamorous, populous humongous state schools in the eastern US and saw themselves as being better than the cow colleges spread along the edge of the Great Plains.  That attitude still prevails among their alums.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Iowa joined the Big 10 (Western Conference) in 1899, but was a joint member of the Missouri Valley Conference (later Big 8 )for a few years before withdrawing to stay in the Big 10. I imagine Iowa State never got a Big 10 invite. 

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Iowa joined the Big 10 (Western Conference) in 1899, but was a joint member of the Missouri Valley Conference (later Big 8 )for a few years before withdrawing to stay in the Big 10. I imagine Iowa State never got a Big 10 invite. 

I've always heard that ISU got a Big 10 invite in the 20's or 30's and stayed put.

That got brought up a lot by our fans when y'all were threatening to execute us a few years back.

Just now, 'stache said:

I’m more offended that they gave the Boilermaker Downs Syndrome.

Can we talk about all the animal mascots having human hands?  All of them are god damn Willie the Wildcat.  Who is the creepiest mascot in the country, narrowly defeating Pistol Pete's pedostache (sorry, he's fucking terrifying).

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Can we talk about all the animal mascots having human hands?  All of them are god damn Willie the Wildcat.  Who is the creepiest mascot in the country, narrowly defeating Pistol Pete's pedostache (sorry, he's fucking terrifying).

I’ll raise you the Providence Friar

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/the-story-behind-providence-colleges-terrifying-mascot/

Edited by 956 Worldwide

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

No. We haven't always had bowl patches on our jerseys; however, the comparison is not generated solely by the addition of the bowl patch, but the collective clutter on the jersey that necessitates scouring for an open spot in which to squeeze a bowl patch. It looks like shit. It's why I like the Stormtrooper whites.

Just not into more flair, Brian. 

image.png.03103070a113b4cd3ebe2f5bee208c5c.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

spacer.png

No. We haven't always had bowl patches on our jerseys; however, the comparison is not generated solely by the addition of the bowl patch, but the collective clutter on the jersey that necessitates scouring for an open spot in which to squeeze a bowl patch. It looks like shit. It's why I like the Stormtrooper whites.

‘77?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

spacer.png

Just not into more flair, Brian. 

image.png.03103070a113b4cd3ebe2f5bee208c5c.png

No one wore a bowl patch or a shoe company logo back then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I think I’ve posted these every time Texas uniforms pop up but outside of making the sticker on the helmet normal, this should be our uniforms 
4A46F551-43EC-41C1-AAF5-87BD83FE55BD.jpeg.bf04ff1508e1c962960059bd56c39e43.jpeg

Totally agree, but just as soon as we make that our default...aggy will have a huge TEXAS with tiny a&m underneath on their home jerseys at least. Never underestimate the Napoleon complex.

The NFL announced this week they are ending the single shell rule so teams can wear throwback helmets again, something the fans, players, and teams have wanted since 2013. In true Goodell no fun fashion, they said even though they are ok with using more than one helmet, you can’t start until 2022. Why don’t we get to see Tom Brady in the creamsicles?

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 7:06 PM, NTVTXN said:

Completely disagree. That silver/greenish/gray is as iconic as burnt orange.  It should never be changed.

The Cowboys silver/greenish pants are a permanent buzz topic on most all logo/design type boards. I strongly remain in the camp that the current look is iconic and contributes to their glamourous image. The Cowboys are in the golden triumvirate of NFL jewel franchises with Pittsburgh and Green Bay, but neither of those are comparable to the Lakers and Yankees in… pizzazz? 

I’m fully aware of the origins of the silver/greenish look and it’s silliness to be applied in today’s HD age, but don’t care. We have an example of matching the silvers and it’s Kansas State, which is a fantasticly consistent in striping and coloring, but almost the opposite of glamour. It’s a workmanlike brand. 

Disclaimer: Houston guy that doesn’t like the Cowboys, but not one of those types that’s weird about Dallas stuff. 

Edited by Bender Bending Rodriguez
  • Hook 'Em 1