11/18 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #11

The Tower

I’ll take it!  We should hopefully be too 10 before he big 12 championship game.  Honestly, WV should be ahead of us until they lose one more.  Seems like the polls have completely forgotten about our Maryland loss.  Everyone is right when they say, if you’re going to lose a bad one, it’s better for it to be early in the year. 
Yeah, was gonna say the hillbillies are probably pissed being ranked behind us, and tbh I can't blame them..

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas is now 11-4 in their last 15 games.

10 of the wins have been against P5 competition.

5 games were against ranked teams, 4-1 in those games the only loss being on the WV 2 point conversion. In those games, Texas has taken leads of 14, 23, 15, 21, 7, and 21 points in the 4Q.

Hm.  I might have to throttle back my depression.

New rule:  You play an FCS/ barely FBS  school after September and you drop 5 places in the rankings.  period.

Fuck the SEC.  Play 9 conference games, you fucking pussies.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Ehhhh. Ohio St has 1 loss. We have 3. They deserve to be ahead of us. Although it really means little in the end.

It's that simple. But - what do you think the spread would be on a neutral field between us and tOSU? They deserve to be ranked ahead of us but I dont think they are the better team. Will be curious to see if we jump them in the CFP rankings that are more recency oriented.

22 minutes ago, slorch said:

New rule:  You play an FCS/ barely FBS  school after September and you drop 5 places in the rankings.  period.

At least there are some people talking about it in the national media.  Just because Bama is awesome doesn't mean the lower teams shouldn't get shit on in the polls for their multiple wins against shitty G5 and FCS.  while scheduling a G5 can be a crap shoot(sans a few like BYU/UCF/BSU)if you schedule 2 plus an FCS you need to get dinged.  I don't care if you play have to play Bama or not.  

We are going to play 11 P5 teams possibly 12.  some SEC teams are going to play 8 P5, 3 G5, and an FCS. 

it appears to me that a loss to Bama or Georgia is being counted as half a loss.

Until I see the Big 12 getting serious credit for the 1 v 2 champ game and the 9 conf games the Big 12 is just stupid for not doing exactly what the SEC is doing.  I think CDC is being smart by trying to get to 2 G5 or very low P5 and one very high level P5 for our 3 OOC.

If we had beaten Maryland and then beat a 1 loss OU again I would expect us to be in the playoff with 2 losses and being Big 12 champs. if we don't what is the point of scheduling a Maryland and playing 12 P5 games. 

Georgia has played Austin Peay, Middle Tenn, UMASS.  that is 3 bullshit practice games.   at least there is a chance they could lose to a Maryland, BYU, Boise St, Wisconsin, etc. especially if they are away.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I agree with this.  The non-SEC conference commissioners can also hold the SECs feet to the fire over scheduling but they won't... 

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

SEC schedules look like they are from the year 1900. They go undefeated with signature wins against YMCA of Atlanta, New Orleans AC, Georgia, and the Cherokee football club.

I

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

At least there are some people talking about it in the national media.  Just because Bama is awesome doesn't mean the lower teams shouldn't get shit on in the polls for their multiple wins against shitty G5 and FCS.  while scheduling a G5 can be a crap shoot(sans a few like BYU/UCF/BSU)if you schedule 2 plus an FCS you need to get dinged.  I don't care if you play have to play Bama or not.  

We are going to play 11 P5 teams possibly 12.  some SEC teams are going to play 8 P5, 3 G5, and an FCS. 

it appears to me that a loss to Bama or Georgia is being counted as half a loss.

Until I see the Big 12 getting serious credit for the 1 v 2 champ game and the 9 conf games the Big 12 is just stupid for not doing exactly what the SEC is doing.  I think CDC is being smart by trying to get to 2 G5 or very low P5 and one very high level P5 for our 3 OOC.

If we had beaten Maryland and then beat a 1 loss OU again I would expect us to be in the playoff with 2 losses and being Big 12 champs. if we don't what is the point of scheduling a Maryland and playing 12 P5 games. 

Georgia has played Austin Peay, Middle Tenn, UMASS.  that is 3 bullshit practice games.   at least there is a chance they could lose to a Maryland, BYU, Boise St, Wisconsin, etc. especially if they are away.

I do miss the days when we could berate anyone who scheduled UMass.

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

SEC schedules look like they are from the year 1900. They go undefeated with signature wins against YMCA of Atlanta, New Orleans AC, Georgia, and the Cherokee football club.

I do wish we'd settled the score with Indiana Artillery.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dcar00 said:

BYU is not a G5

4 minutes ago, Fart said:

BYU is in no mans land because they are a P5 in every metric but CFP access.  An 8 team playoff could go a long way to changing that though. 

They don't even have a P5 schedule. They played five P5 teams this year and will get to 6 over the next few seasons. Notre Dame generally has 9 and without a CCG even they need to be undefeated to be assured a playoff spot. BYU would have a better case for making an 8 team playoff than UCF, but they would also need to be undefeated to nab an at-large that would still have been better earned by a P5 with a couple of losses.

Continuation from above. Should we take care of business the top 10 will be a reality with Michigan vs tOSU plauig. And a berth in the conference chapionship game. Personaly I would rather take on WVU, because I want revenge on those guys. We have nothing to prove by beating OU again. Just mu own opinion. Also this ensures us a finish ranked at the end of the season for the first time in what feels like forever. It's a good feeling after being an afterthought in recent years. So hook em on that!

One more thought on the way out. Why are the corsair cougars getting shit on in the polls. I think they would out plunder the damn land theives on a nuetral field and send them packing with a sore asshole after a shootot victory somewhere in the upper 40's or 50's in point and one thousand treefiddy yards. Same witht the damn domers just I dont think the score is quite as high.

Anyway I'll post another opinion in a month or two, so back to lurking.

16 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

If Texas wins out we play in the Sugar Bowl the #2 SEC team (likely UGA).  If we lose in the CCG there is a chance we play UCF but I doubt it most likely The loser of OU/WVU would and we’d be Alamo bowl bound.

This. We get SEC SEC SEC #2 in the Sugar Bowl if we do right or PAC 12 #2 in the Alamo Bowl if we fuck up.

• Like 1

I would KILL to play GA in Nawlins.. I for one, enjoy Texas stacking it's OOC with big names.  But as Texas is improving and will be in the conversation for the Big 12 title/CFP hopes from here on out... I understand the new philosophy in OOC scheduling CDC will implement.