Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So they are expecting them to turn themselves in when they reach Moscow?   Looks like open fighting is going to have to happen at some point.  

The only person we've seen in all of this tonight, that knows what they are doing, is this street sweeper in Rostov

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The last big internal crises in Russia (1991 and 1993) were pretty shambolic and confusing affairs where soldiers did a lot of milling about, a bit of shooting, and a lot of waiting but little real fighting. This is not a civil war or ethnic conflict or a Russia with real revolutionary zeal. Russian soldiers don’t really feel like shooting each other for these mafia bosses and Putin’s worst play is to publicly lose control of a situation. We’ve even seen in Ukraine that narrative is as important to him as reality. 

Setting the East Ablaze is my next read after a bio on Lafayette. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty crazy how the average American is like hum ok when they hear about this.  Texts about it in a group text and the next text was about bitcoin going up lol.  Talked to some people tonight and they’re like oh, then turn conversation to the Astros.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Lol. I’m on a tram listening with earbuds. The thing that stood out is his reference to 1917. I wouldn’t have brought that up, because of course 1917 ended badly for the leader that brought the country to war. He’s announced that Prigozhin is a traitor, he’s give regular Wagner troops an “out” if they cut it out now. Illusion of control— all the appropriate agencies have orders and Rostov will be blockaded. Response will be harsh. 

Up front he talks about how this is all external powers that are seeking to undermine Russian unity. 

You da man! Good dad and a good Surly! Get the kids some ice cream and write it off on the tree fiddy fund! 

Boys are going to fight. Anyone who moved north is two things. One troop off the UA front and two someone who signed a contract. A lot do not understand what that means. You are in. Prediction, harsh fighting a bit further north, then an "agreement" is reached. Shogun is fucked. But it won't end there. 1917-1924 is coming. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Boys are going to fight. Anyone who moved north is two things. One troop off the UA front and two someone who signed a contract. A lot do not understand what that means. You are in. Prediction, harsh fighting a bit further north, then an "agreement" is reached. Shogun is fucked. But it won't end there. 1917-1924 is coming. 

So where are we on the 1917 timeline.  I need to brush up on that part of Russian history.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Not going to lie, the Titanic thread leading back into this thread, been insane week.

That was fun (sadly, but this is Surly), but this is the best thread. Some damn good minds on here plus we are hoping Helo will chime in with some TikTok comments. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So where are we on the 1917 timeline.  I need to brush up on that part of Russian history.

Depends. So 1917 was the big hit that started a bunch of shit. You had armored trains running W-E, US/UK troops in occupation. Basically Russia was in turmoil, but the focus was in the two main cities. That is why I brought up a broader timeline. 

ts

I think we are on a change in leadership. The question who wins the race for the Dacha since the boats have been seized. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just checked Moscow time and it’s only 10:30 am, I’m guessing the real fireworks won’t happen until later in the afternoon or tomorrow.  Pringles can’t roll up to Moscow with a rushed convoy and no plan, he has to stage for a bit.  Or that’s what a smart man would do atleast.  

• Haha 1

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Just checked Moscow time and it’s only 10:30 am, I’m guessing the real fireworks won’t happen until later in the afternoon or tomorrow.  Pringles can’t roll up to Moscow with a rushed convoy and no plan, he has to stage for a bit.  Or that’s what a smart man would do atleast.  

He is waiting for his Orca Navy to sink the black sea fleet 

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not going to lie, the Titanic thread leading back into this thread, been insane week.

Now, if we could convince some Russian Oligarchs we could get them on a sub made out of carbon fiber AND they can see the titanic, now work with me here..... Southern Argentina and we can shoot some dove. We ain't going on the sub. But @Nicole44 says she can build one. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hook1997 said:

You don't think he has a plan?  I don't know if he reaches for Moscow today, but I doubt he just launched a major military operation because he had a bad day.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The big thing stopping the 1917 comparisons is the complete lack of mass interest or zeal for change among regular people. It just doesn’t exist now— and Putin has spent decades suppressing any desire for political engagement on the part of regular Russians.  Apathy helps Putin for the most part. I am doubtful that Prigozhin is the figure to awaken the soul of Kuzma Minin in the Russian peasant mass. But we shall see. 

That and the core of the folks who might be interested the most all fled ahead of mobilization last fall.

Meanwhile, if this is true, #239543 of insane things that have happened

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

He hits Monday. After Church. His troops get blessed early. Theirs are in Service. 

Meanwhile assets move around the city and we will see some more fires and disruptions. If I was (what the fuck are we calling him?) I would fuck up the subways monday morning. 

Go on a ring road, straight at the Kremlin with rapid and mean troops who hate Putin. A Fuck You battalion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The big thing stopping the 1917 comparisons is the complete lack of mass interest or zeal for change among regular people. It just doesn’t exist now— and Putin has spent decades suppressing any desire for political engagement on the part of regular Russians.  Apathy helps Putin for the most part. I am doubtful that Prigozhin is the figure to awaken the soul of Kuzma Minin in the Russian peasant mass. But we shall see. 

You ain't kidding. Over the last couple of years, I've been watching those man-the-street videos on the 1420 YouTube channel. The folks who bother to answer questions seem so programmed to speak in such a way that their sentences lose all meaning, most especially if they oppose Putin's policies. Only the most brazen ones (either young or old) will clearly state their opposition.

• Hook 'Em 2

Going straight for Moscow is the short but really high-risk play.  Gathering support in the south among soldiers who don’t want to go or have gone to Ukraine and seen the shit-show, appealing to nervous populations that have seen the Ukrainian strikes, and promising to do something— that is the longer play. 

Reminder that the Whites under Denikin held out longest and had their best success in the south. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

You da man! Good dad and a good Surly! Get the kids some ice cream and write it off on the tree fiddy fund! 

Write it off? 

• Haha 2