Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

Rookie question: why doesn’t Putin have some bombers or cruise missiles tucked away sufficient to blow up a column 100x over? I’d think Progle’s column would look like the highway of death shortly after it started advancing.

simple answer. 

They either used them all, never had them, or "had them" but some General stole everything but the fucking airframe and sold them off

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

Is this where I declare my loyalty to the Tsarina Anastasia?

Pics of Tsarina?

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He already fled

he needs a ride, not ammo

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Six pages overnight.  Almost took an hour to keep up with.  Night Crew did work.

you're welcome

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Quick temp check:

Do you think Putin is toast?

I do. He’s lost control of his main military hub feeding the war he started.

It’s all over for him at this point IMO.

I think Prigozhin is a better general than Putin.  I don't think the former does this unless he already knows the outcome is his.  What that means in terms of military leaders that he's flipped, or just willingness of Russians to stand aside because of exhaustion or lack of ammo, etc, I don't know.  But I think he does.

And I don't think Putin and Medvedev flee Moscow (if true) unless they know, too.

Edited by TexArcher

1 hour ago, locodos said:

it's the internet and Reddit...  But apparently the Ruskies have started destroying fuel stocks on the approach to Moscow (which is also fuel needed for the Ukraine war)

Right now in Ukraine the head drone genius sees weeks of planning to hit that exact spot go to waste.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

So the West not only validated that Russia was a weak military, we may completely taken them out by just turning on the money printer? 1989 part 2. Not to mention that western companies can descend on the natural resources if those industries are pulled out of the hands of Putin’s allies.

for the pic of Moscow police being handed weapons to fight an army, I would think most policemen are saying to screw that. Maybe they’re out there earlier today but I bet they’re also going home after their daily shift ends. And they’re not going back once shooting starts. That isn’t the police’s job.

On Scott adams saying that we have a deal with the Wagner guy if he leaves Ukraine, why wouldn’t we have that. Honesty we should give Putin the same deal.  Leave Ukraine and Crimea and we promise them something. That’s a win. It doesn’t mean that we give them everything they want.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s an object lesson in the suddenness of regime change. Cracks form slowly, but the resulting collapse is swift.

And whatever you think the status quo is before a civil war kicks off, it can change very quickly and dramatically. Loyalty is not static.

So like a dam being destroyed and releasing the reservoirs flood waters?   😁

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Quick temp check:

Do you think Putin is toast?

I do. He’s lost control of his main military hub feeding the war he started.

It’s all over for him at this point IMO.

My uneducated take is that is a realistic outcome and the coup’s failure is not at all inevitable. For me, the critical unknown is whether a substantial portion of the Russian military remains loyal. Putin may have some tricks up his sleeve, but the snowball effect of loyalty-switching does not bode well for him.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, NAVY said:

I’m not going to get anything done today. Just endless app refreshes and delight in watching these shit bags shit bag each other 

Question for those tracking this who live in the US.  I am watching BBC to follow it.  Is there a better choice?

5 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

My uneducated take is that is a realistic outcome and the coup’s failure is not at all inevitable. For me, the critical unknown is whether a substantial portion of the Russian military remains loyal. Putin may have some tricks up his sleeve, but the snowball effect of loyalty-switching does not bode well for him.

Putin’s power was the perception of strength. That is gone. He can’t beat Ukraine and he can’t even control his own territory.

image.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I've seen a lot of post comparing current events to 1917. I'm not the biggest Russian/soviet history buff, but I think this is a bit more akin to 1953. I hypothesize that Putin is on the way out and this ball has been rolling for the last month. What we're seeing now is just jockeying for his job.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Slacks said:

F Scott Adams.

I know Adams is saying that as a criticism of western govts or agencies but making deals to end wars and achieve goals is exactly what you want from your govt. the west could come of of this with a huge win. Give us Ukraine and your nuclear weapons, and we will back you as the Russian dictator for life.

Prigozhin audio message 10:19AM BST - "no one will surrender to the demands of the President": "Regarding the betrayal of the Motherland, the President is deeply mistaken. We’re patriots of our Motherland. We fought and we are fighting, all fighters of PMC Wagner. And no one is going to surrender to the demands of the President, FSB, or anyone else. Because we don’t want the country to live further in corruption lies, and bureaucracy. When we fought in Africa, we were told that we needed Africa, and then they dumped it, because they stole all the money that was meant to come for help. When we were told we are fighting with Ukraine, we went and fought. But it turned out that the ammo, weapons, all money put towards this were also being stolen, while officials are sitting and saving them for themselves for an incident that happened today, when someone is going towards Moscow." Now they are not saving anything, they are striking us with planes and helicopters at the columns with civilians. And they hit civilians because they’re missing. And they hit anywhere they can. Thus, we are the patriots, but those resisting us today are those who gathered around scumbags.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Negotiations imply desperation. Putin is in no position to negotiate right now. He has done nothing to pressure Wagner. He has imposed no risk on Priggles. He and his close advisors are reportedly on the run.

What chips does he have? 

Precisely

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know Adams is saying that as a criticism of western govts or agencies but making deals to end wars and achieve goals is exactly what you want from your govt. the west could come of of this with a huge win. Give us Ukraine and your nuclear weapons, and we will back you as the Russian dictator for life.

It's an idiotic idea, on so many levels, and it is not remotely in our interests. And it even to ELI5, it would take pages to spell out all the reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

Putin’s power was the perception of strength. That is gone. He can’t beat Ukraine and he can’t even control his own territory.

image.gif.a6b83ab90251b9fe9bf46128d6162a23.gif

And this is the key.
Pierogi isn’t coming for Putin, this is correctly called a mutiny. Pierogi is aiming to fight with MOD leadership, claiming that he’s still loyal to Putin.
But that doesn’t matter. A strongman’s grasp of power depends on him being…strong. This demonstrates that Putin is not. His sole selling point as a leader just evaporated. Even if he survives this moment, it’s but a temporary reprieve. He’s been exposed, and there’s no going back.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Spoiler

It seems Prigozhin is not a loner; Wagner rebellion may be the result of a conspiracy by part of the Russian elites. Despite the fact that Yevgeny Prigozhin has been given the image of a "selfmade man" and impulsive "loner" among the Russian establishment, neither his "rise" nor the current revolt could have happened if he did not have allies. Possible allies of Prigozhin are in the shadows. Many of them "remained in the shadows" - it is difficult to put "evidence base" behind information that the deputy head of the Presidential Administration Sergei Kirienko and the Kovalchuk brothers are behind Prigozhin. Another case are Prigozhin's relations with the leader of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, who called Prigozhin a "dear brother" at one point. At the same time, many of Prigozhin's connections were not just "exposed," they were even seriously "advertised" in the media. The most high-profile of these are:

1. Dmitry Peskov, Putin's press secretary. Prigozhin confirmed that Peskov's son allegedly served in Wagner PMC (although there are reasonable doubts about this). The story was used to publicize Peskov's eldest son as a representative of the top elite who sent his offspring to fight in the "Special Military Operation."

2. General Sergei Surovikin. Prigozhin publicly praised Surovikin as "the most competent commander of the Russian army." In fact, this commander of the military "served" in the structure of the PMCs lately (coordinating its interaction with the Russian army). Despite the fact that the general wrote a statement disassociating himself from the mutiny - it looked strange, but Prigozhin was not mentioned there personally.

3. Sergei Mironov, leader of the Just Russia party. He repeatedly complimented Prigozhin, posed with the trademark sledgehammer of the PMC, and even claimed that he had helped lobby his business interests in the Duma ("I have known Yevgeny for a long time - from St. Petersburg. We have friendly and good relations. I now digress slightly and say that back in 2018, when no one had heard about "Wagner" (I certainly did not know anything about them), we have developed a law on PMCs ").

4. Roman Starovoit, governor of Kursk region. Prigozhin confirmed that Starovoit was trained in the PMC "Wagner" camp and he was allegedly offered to sign a contract with the PMC. The story was used to publicize the governor as a brave and responsible patriotic official.

5. Writer and politician Zakhar Prilepin. Their special relationship was showcased when Prigozhin visited Putin in the hospital, bringing a gift of a "spare skull" and a "sledgehammer case".

Conclusions 1. Most of Prigozhin's connections in the elites are non-public, but even from open sources of information it is clear that they are branched and multi-level. 2. The most "hidden" is the information about possible "sympathizers" of Prigozhin among army generals and representatives of other security agencies. 3. It's not the generals who are the most promising, but middle-ranking officers, who see prospects for career growth in case of implementation of Wagner's demands to oust Shoigu and Gerasimov 4. Prigozhin "probed the ground" in the regions, not all the governors who came into contact with him "lit up" the way the governor of Kursk Region did. 5. Prigozhin's position among creative elites is probably the least strong. However, at this stage, this is compensated for by the presence of "anonymous co-creators" who hone his public image and prepare appropriate narratives for the "masses at large".

What could be the agreements and the possible development of the situation: 1.The transfer of "control" over a region far outside the North Caucasus fits into the logic of "expanding opportunities" for Chechen leadership and "growing fees for loyalty". 2. Chechen formations are more like policemen than army storm troopers. Their effectiveness on the "Ukrainian" front is questionable and not objectively confirmed. From this point of view, using them to strengthen control in the border region is a quite rational step (if only because it does not weaken the grouping directly on the frontline). 3. Unlike Putin and Prigozhin, Kadyrov has certain "constraints" in terms of the level of acceptable losses among ethnic Chechens. They will definitely be less in Belgorod region than they were somewhere near Bakhmut. 4.Despite public bravado, the Kremlin is not completely sure that the Russian Volunteer Corps and Freedom for Russia Legion units cannot receive support from local (Russian) population in the border area. Therefore, it "insures" itself by introducing a Chechen formation at the border, which cannot be "swayed" by the ideas of "free Russia". 5. The potential for conflicts (on national and religious grounds) between the "Ahmatovites" and the local population in the Belgorod region is quite high. However, it is impossible to predict how serious and resonant they will be.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1