Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

31 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Igor is sketchy but if true…

Apologize for the bullshit hearsay, but my brother called me 15 minutes ago to tell me that his Russian friend was hearing from home about this, and that MOD troops were defecting to Wagner.    For what it’s worth, my brother, said, his friend believed his relatives in Russia.   

How anyone in Russia can know what the hell the truth was is beyond me, so take it for what it’s worth, and not me vouching for it.

Edited by Gatorubet
I have no idea why Apple speech recognition software likes to put a comma and everything
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So I never watch TV news but I’m actually floored they’re actually talking about shit other than the fact there is a MILITARY FUCKING COUP HAPPENING IN RUSSIA!!!!

What the fuck?

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

it's a strange fucking world we live in when Surly is legitimately a more effective news aggregation mechanism than ACTUAL FUCKING NEWS CHANNELS

Seriously, this thread has been a fucking gem and a better way to stay up to date than most anything else you'd find

There's been mentions on Fox News and CNN (that I know of), but the problem is none of the major networks have anybody on the ground in Moscow or Rostov on Don, so they are skittish when trying to frame it.

With that said, the online coverage is pretty solid - BBC and CNN have the rolling timeline articles going on.

BBC is covering the hell out of it

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66006142

As is CNN.com

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-23-23/index.html

• Hook 'Em 2

There's been mentions on Fox News and CNN (that I know of), but the problem is none of the major networks have anybody on the ground in Moscow or Rostov on Don, so they are skittish when trying to frame it.
With that said, the online coverage is pretty solid - BBC and CNN have the rolling timeline articles going on.
BBC is covering the hell out of it
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-66006142
As is CNN.com
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-23-23/index.html

Seriously….BBC or Al Jazeera. All the American outlets are shit. Probably covering the Kardashians or some shit.
  • Hook 'Em 3

What if someone called Prigo and said hey those rubles Putin pays you with are fucking worthless. We'll pay you euros to take Moscow and then you can do whatever you want inside Russian borders as long as you don't fuck with the rest of Europe...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Ya notice how the Wagnerites are getting in position?

Notice how the civilians are not?

Either this is staged, or those civilians are really fucking stupid.

It's weird as shit.  My guess is that everything has already been done and they are just going through the motions/clearing the building/looking for valuable prisoners (generals).

Or, they've taken the buildings, and the soldiers we are seeing in the streets are some kind of home guard shit (their uniforms are weird, they have different arm bands, etc.) and they were ordered to fight Wagner or go to Ukraine or something.

Or the soldiers in the streets are Russian soldiers who defected to Wagner, and were outfitted the way they were to disguise that they were regular Russian troops.

I'm not going to lie, it's fucking weird, but I also don't think this is a sham - Putin would not risk destabilizing the country just to rid himself of Shoigu/Gerasimov - he'd simply either reassign them, or just remove their responsibilities/privileges and let them keep the title, but move the power to underlings.  He's done it multiple times over the past few years.

I've even seen people say that this is Putin's way of pulling out of Ukraine - it's a false flag arranged with Prigozhin that would cause Russian troops to be brought out of Ukraine, but again, Putin risks destabilizing the whole fucking country when he controls the media and could just say "we're pulling out, we denazified Ukraine and that's that" and nobody in the media would contradict him.

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Voronezh is about 7 hours away from Rostov-on-the-don using the M4 road (assuming they move as fast as cars and have enough dimes for all the tolls). I'm guessing that Shoigu/Gerasimov will try to pull together a blocking unit to hinder any rapid advancement. Voronezh is about 6 hours from Moscow so it is almost directly the midpoint to Moscow. Putin absolutely has to avoid any type of rebel force accumulating in the Moscow outskirts otherwise any last shred of credibility with the populace will be stripped away on the Kremlin's doorsteps. 

Are there any other type of logistic hubs/airfields/etc that may be useful to Mr. Priggy? I'm also assuming that he has preparing at least for some of these once he got the orders to leave Bakhmut. They have had a little bit of time to regroup and refit, especially once MoD made the announcement about the July deadline. Not sure how long they can hold out with current supplies but I'm also sure they can manage to liberate a few supplies, toilets and toiletries to keep them in the lifestyle that they are used to.

image.thumb.png.01d1f7f2326a5932cfc9b0ebae8796c0.png

Multiple bridges in Voronezh, tick fucking tock.

• Hook 'Em 1

If you had Ukraine to win RISK, I applaud you.  

If you had Russia to win RISK, I understand the historical play. 

If you had Wagner to win RISK, you are a fucking wizard and I want to join your cult. 

all my least favorite groups of people are devouring themselves this week.  As Lasso would say, “oh, this gonna be a hoot!”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Is there an O/U on how long this “coup” lasts? I don’t give them 4 hours before the Wagner folks are slaughtered. I bet it’s just a small number participating anyway. No way are they all on board

Oh shit piggy will have his feet up on putins desk by sundown 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

That’s because I don’t think anyone knew the scope of what’s happening or what even is going on. Seems like a pretty confusing situation over there. I imagine this gets worked out soon and Wagner stands down. Because if it gets any bigger they’ll be snuffed out.

maybe some of us are tracking shit other than TikTok comments. They cannot stand down. See, if they do, well then they are dead. There are a few books about Russia's previous revolutions. Peter Hopkirk is a good place to start. Don't read his afghan shit, cuz we all know how that ended. 

You do not snuff out an insurgency. Once it starts it continues. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

maybe some of us are tracking shit other than TikTok comments. They cannot stand down. See, if they do, well then they are dead. There are a few books about Russia's previous revolutions. Peter Hopkirk is a good place to start. Don't read his afghan shit, cuz we all know how that ended. 

You do not snuff out an insurgency. Once it starts it continues. 

And if you are the Russian military leadership, you HAVE to contact every unit in Ukraine and within say a thousand miles of Moscow, or contact somebody monitoring those units, and you have to get a sense of where their loyalties are as well as a physical location.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Thank y’all for your insight and reporting.  This is an amazing turn of events.  Or an incredibly elaborate misdirection.  I now admit, sadly, I regretfully voted for Putin twice.  And there is a slight chance he may have been lying to us. 

what the heck  do Zelenskyy and NATO do tomorrow?

Edited by YGIFS