Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I can't believe the Russians don't at least blow that stuff up before they haul ass. I'm sure the UA has sappers comb through there looking for booby traps before they unload it. 

I’m very certain Ukrainian sappers are going through everything.  There’s been plenty of photos of the Russians pulling pins on grenades and leaving them in various places on their way out, waiting to be jostled/set off. 

I’m also fairly certain that a lot of Russian soldiers no longer give a shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

That is fair.  We still let the Germans rule themselves, though there were a whole bunch of caveats and lots of US bases.  It is the only thing that would work in Russia.  Things are going to have to get real bad (nukes) before something like that actually happens.  You can't half ass it as we learned in Vietnam and the Middle East.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The Marshall Plan was the first time in recorded history that a "conquering" nation helped to rebuild the nation it conquered. Even if not explicitly true, it's truthy enough. Very rare for that to happen. One of America's finest foreign policy decisions.

Even if not technically true with regard to the Marshall Plan, our occupation of Japan was pretty damned benign to the point of magnanimous, as well, and started earlier, and was explicitly a conquered enemy (Marshall plan included allies).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2022 at 9:24 AM, Brisketexan said:

Hmmmmm.....in a country where conditions are starting to go to shit, let's draft.....EVERYONE....give them a rifle, and tell them to go get slaughtered in a stupid and pointless war being fought solely to satisfy a deranged godking's folly.  Let's provide them no training, little/lousy food and clothing, and no real support.

Battleship Potemkin much?

Guess who made a Battleship Potemkin reference today?  They are clearly scared and trying to get ahead of how poorly conscription is going.

This is interesting - talking heads are asking why the employed are being drafted when there’s a million unemployed in Moscow.  Talking about why they are missing body armor and helmets  and getting rusty weapons.

They are trying to pin the mobilization fuckup on people trying to make Putin look bad.

Margarita needs to wear her hair loose and green dresses more often.  And shocked she’s pointing out that she couldn’t imagine the conscription back on February 24th  and surprised that the military and combat experienced guys she knows aren’t getting called up, but instead the sick, the old, and the students.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

This is where they end up? Dumped off in the woods with nothing. 

Usually when you dump somebody off in the woods with no water or food, you expect that inbred family that you paid $100 to take care of them with their hogs so that nothing remains, rather than left alone and filming themselves and uploading it to social media.

That is fair.  We still let the Germans rule themselves, though there were a whole bunch of caveats and lots of US bases.  It is the only thing that would work in Russia.  Things are going to have to get real bad (nukes) before something like that actually happens.  You can't half ass it as we learned in Vietnam and the Middle East.

Did we learn it?
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Usually when you dump somebody off in the woods with no water or food, you expect that inbred family that you paid $100 to take care of them with their hogs so that nothing remains, rather than left alone and filming themselves and uploading it to social media.

Hogs will get to them soon enough. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Hogs will get to them soon enough. 

I Guess If You Say So GIF

As for the Nordstream pipeline stuff, 3) Russian incompetence, although given how they’ve been threatening to cut off all gas, I’d say they did it on purpose.

Plus, Ukraine is not going to risk their special ops guys that far north when there are juicier targets (And Russian pipelines) closer to home.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I Guess If You Say So GIF

As for the Nordstream pipeline stuff, 3) Russian incompetence, although given how they’ve been threatening to cut off all gas, I’d say they did it on purpose.

Plus, Ukraine is not going to risk their special ops guys that far north when there are juicier targets (And Russian pipelines) closer to home.

Yeah I’d say it was either us, or Russian false flag. There’s really no other option. Either way, seems like more escalation on the way. 

Edited by Humble Beast
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Why would we do anything like that? How does it benefit us or our allies?

I don’t know. 

I don’t think it would make a lot of sense for Russia to do it either. You would think they would want pipelines functional as an option if there’s some unexpected detente reached?

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Look at the poster.  Always casting doubt about something.  He's GR Horn.

Casting doubt? I already said it doesn’t really matter who did it. It’s an escalation.

• Fuck You 15

7 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

don’t think it would make a lot of sense for Russia to do it either. You would think they would want pipelines functional as an option if there’s some unexpected detente reached?

There’s not going to be some kind of unexpected negotiations happening.  Shit, Russia is drafting diabetics and people with heart problems  in their 50s to go fight.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, ABSR said:

So someone thinks Ukraine traveled across much of Europe and then did a deep sea exercise with no equipment or expertise thousands of miles away?  To damage something that is of no strategic value to them, but is of value to their Allies.    And with this Russia, who controls the flow of gas into the pipe, will create an environmental disaster/distraction.

Yep, has to be the completely improbable Ukraine option.

There was US ASW helicopters over the baltic near Kallingrad over the weekend

Edit for link:

Edited by Fico
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fico said:

There was US ASW helicopters over the baltic near Kallingrad over the weekend

There is likely US assets in the area all the time, so your statement is like saying the sun came up today, so that means Russia is a peace loving country.

And of course it ignores the fact that the ONLy entity that gains from this is Russia.  No reason at all for anyone to do this except for Russian false flag.

• Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, ABSR said:

There is likely US assets in the area all the time, so your statement is like saying the sun came up today, so that means Russia is a peace loving country.

And of course it ignores the fact that the ONLy entity that gains from this is Russia.  No reason at all for anyone to do this except for Russian false flag.

True there are a lot of ISR and tanker assets in the area on a regular basis but it's the first time I've seen helicopters out there. Unlikely it had anything to do with the pipeline but who the fuck knows. 

My money is on the Poles. Fuck you Russia just because and fuck you Germany stop pussy footing around because you are worried about gas deliveries. I'm only slightly kidding. 

Edited by Fico
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don’t remember why tampons don’t work with wounds or whatever, but when my BIL went to Afghanistan, I joked about sending some, and he said they cause more problems than they can fix.

speaking of supplies and the video above

I think the fibers would end up staying in the wound and causing problems.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I think the fibers would end up staying in the wound and causing problems.

He  texted me back after I sent him the video and said they just absorb blood and don’t actually stop bleeding. “Idiots might think they’ve done something, but the blood loss is still happening, only it’s not visible, which is really bad.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2