Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rick Wright (RIP) and Nick Mason  say “hi”.  Waters managed to alienate everybody in the band over 40 years ago.  Nothing has changed.  Somebody should have told him that if everywhere you look there are assholes, then you’re the asshole.

How could you not be?  Even if he didn’t have a Ukrainian daughter-in-law, he’d still be on their side.  Waters became what he wrote about.

What is the history? I remember in 1990, I was in Hungary and Pink Floyd was having the Wall tour in Berlin as the Wall was coming down. Did he actually blame the West for the Berlin Wall? Just wondering what his views were, what they are, and if they changed over time? I always thought he was against Russia having a Wall separating it from the West. Did his whole audience misunderstand him and did he blame both the East and the West? I am assuming that he was just anti-war and blamed both the East and the West for the Wall and thought that the Wall increased the chance for war and more specifically nuclear war.

I think the misunderstanding of some of the musicians of the time is an interesting story. John Lennon in Imagine was more than just anti-War but was pro-Communism. And while Lennon sugarcoated the meaning of the lyrics, they were pretty clearly more than just anti-War.

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I think the misunderstanding of some of the musicians of the time is an interesting story. John Lennon in Imagine was more than just anti-War but was pro-Communism. And while Lennon sugarcoated the meaning of the lyrics, they were pretty clearly more than just anti-War.

Yes, Imagine is an ode to Communism 

AC1724CD-FC13-45CD-BFF7-BA6C54626DA9.gif.731a7c2b0d769655908ffaafcc3462b0.gif

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bevo said:

What is the history? I remember in 1990, I was in Hungary and Pink Floyd was having the Wall tour in Berlin as the Wall was coming down. Did he actually blame the West for the Berlin Wall? Just wondering what his views were, what they are, and if they changed over time? I always thought he was against Russia having a Wall separating it from the West. Did his whole audience misunderstand him and did he blame both the East and the West? I am assuming that he was just anti-war and blamed both the East and the West for the Wall and thought that the Wall increased the chance for war and more specifically nuclear war.

And yet Lennon lived in the Dakota. 
T-shirt commie.

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Imagine no religion.  Imagine no possessions.  it’s Communist in that communists also do that, but that doesn’t make them the same any more than it makes him an earthworm, who have no possessions or religion.  It’s just hippie crap.  

Other Communists

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Rick Wright (RIP) and Nick Mason  say “hi”.  Waters managed to alienate everybody in the band over 40 years ago.  Nothing has changed.  Somebody should have told him that if everywhere you look there are assholes, then you’re the asshole.

How could you not be?  Even if he didn’t have a Ukrainian daughter-in-law, he’d still be on their side.  Waters became what he wrote about.

Mother did it need to be so high 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Imagine no religion.  Imagine no possessions.  it’s Communist in that communists also do that, but that doesn’t make them the same any more than it makes him an earthworm, who have no possessions or religion.  It’s just hippie crap.  

When my oldest son announced 50 years ago that he didn’t like chocolate I said, “What are you, some kind of communist?”

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I wonder if Ukraine is pressing every advantage they have in advance of any reinforcements from the "mobilization" arriving at the front?  That is, keep pressing against the undermanned Russian military as long as it is undermanned, to gain every inch of ground that you can.  Then, when the under-armed and under-trained reinforcements arrive, just put them into kill boxes and try to attrit them from distance?

• Hook 'Em 7

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I wonder if Ukraine is pressing every advantage they have in advance of any reinforcements from the "mobilization" arriving at the front?  That is, keep pressing against the undermanned Russian military as long as it is undermanned, to gain every inch of ground that you can.  Then, when the under-armed and under-trained reinforcements arrive, just put them into kill boxes and try to attrit them from distance?

There are also reports that the fall weather is creating muddy conditions making tank movements more difficult.

2 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

There are also reports that the fall weather is creating muddy conditions making tank movements more difficult.

I can see that.  A lesser mud season than you see at the spring thaw.  But I'd really think that would be a day-to-day thing, depending on individual rain events.  In any case, the ground will freeze and winter conditions will allow better movement over the hard ground soon enough (60-90 days?).  Now, troops freezing their asses off without adequate winter gear will have its own problems.  Recall the Russians keeping their equipment running all the time (burning up precious fuel) for heat.  I suspect that we're going to see a lot of houses torn down to provide wood for fuel, and whole areas of forest cut down to burn fires for warmth.  Of course, wood fires in a trench are big flares for drones to spot, so.....winter is going to be interesting.

Tens of thousands of new Russian troops show up.  With little to no extra weaponry (rifles are nifty...but little new armor etc.)  With minimal winter gear.  They'll be undertrained, underarmed, and freezing.  Does Russia use them to try to launch more offensive action?  I suspect that will be the order.  Where they will take disproportionate casualties.  Meanwhile, where they gather behind the lines, they'll take artillery and HIMARS strikes.  Unless they are well behind the lines and spread out, they are in danger of attrition strikes.  Seems to me that the UKR strategy would be to continue to terrorize them with constant attrition attacks on their positions behind the lines, launch more offensives of opportunity, and get the reinforcements to turn tail in run, or surrender?

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m pissed at the cowardice of Russian men. They’re all too happy to support the war and genocide until their number gets called, then they run to Europe and expect to be able to hold their opinions there. 

Georgia and other countries should have been saying any Russians coming into their country need to be surrendering their passports and renouncing Russian citizenship in order to cross. Or something. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Georgia and other countries should have been saying any Russians coming into their country need to be surrendering their passports and renouncing Russian citizenship in order to cross. Or something. 

This.  If you are fleeing Russia because of cowardice, not principles (that is, if you oppose YOU fighting in this war, but you have no problem with RUSSIA fighting in this war), then you should have to surrender EVERYTHING when you cross that border.  EVERYTHING.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  If you are fleeing Russia because of cowardice, not principles (that is, if you oppose YOU fighting in this war, but you have no problem with RUSSIA fighting in this war), then you should have to surrender EVERYTHING when you cross that border.  EVERYTHING.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony AwardsGeorgia should be and deport their asses 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony AwardsGeorgia should be and deport their asses 

Well, I like that they are taking themselves out of play as enemy combatants.  Every cowardly Russian hiding in Georgia is just as good as a POW, KIA, or other draft dodger.  Let's let them do so....but they don't get cushy treatment as cowards with no principles.  

• Hook 'Em 1