Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Remember a few days ago when mobilization first occurred and all those Ivan talking heads were saying, “We have to give our troops the best!” It’s almost like they knew the pics of rusty AKs, massive exodus lines and drunk 50 year olds were queued up. I’m afraid “don’t shoot the messenger” isn’t a Russian sentiment guys.

Cue up “Run through the Jungle.”
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Fun fact: the US news played the tape without reviewing it live.  As soon as they shot them, they cut away.  I remember the Anchor (Rather, maybe) immediately apologizing to the audience. 

And it made it into one of the Faces of Death or Traces of Death videos.  

Speculation that the school shooting (number of dead has went up) is a false flag operation, similar to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

Given that Nazi symbolism was supposedly involved, I’m thinking false flag as well.  It fits Putin’s style.

• Hook 'Em 4

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And it made it into one of the Faces of Death or Traces of Death videos.  

Speculation that the school shooting (number of dead has went up) is a false flag operation, similar to the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings

Given that Nazi symbolism was supposedly involved, I’m thinking false flag as well.  It fits Putin’s style.

I was wondering how long until they blamed it on the Ukrainians or MI6

14 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Russians seems like the ultimate cucks. I don’t think they’re going to do shit in terms of rise up against their government.

There will be a coup and the next strongman that takes power will steal as much as possible from the country.

They are a nation of bully machismo.  They thrive on intimidation, but the minute they get punched in the mouth they crawl into a hole and curl up like little bitches.  Tale as old as time.  

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

We gonna be cheering, shit boner material.

it could work in which the west tells Ukraine to slow down and stop the killing. They will play victims like they usually do (see Serbs etc)

I think the troops will surrender before we get there 

The mobilization is 100% a ploy to prevent the government being overthrown. Putin is trying to ride this train as long as he can, so with his protection forces still behind him, he's mobilizing able bodied males to get away from the Kremlin. Many of them have fled the country (can't overthrow Putin from Tbilisi and Tashkent), and the rest are going to get slaughtered in the fields of Ukraine.   

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

So what do the nation's do with all the Russians in their countries? Good point was made, sorry if I did not mention who wrote it, about how the Russian model works. Consider this. 3% of incoming Russians are FSB types ready to fuck shit up. How do you vet them?

Anyone who runs, is a VC. Anyone who stands still, is a well-disciplined VC!

• Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Dagestan is a place to watch. This is going to be a serious test of Putin’s ability to implement state policy that is unpopular in a region that gets restive extremely easily. 

Always is. Been saying the tribes could get restless. The crack down will only lead to an escalation. This will pull troops away from Ukraine hopefully. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

How many Muslims in Crimea and Russia?

From wiki: "Islam in Russia is a minority religion. Russia has the largest Muslim population in Europe; and according to US Department of State in 2017,[3] Muslims in Russia numbered 14 million or roughly 10% of the total population. According to a comprehensive survey conducted in 2012, Muslims were 6.5% of Russia's population."

So, certainly enough to cause Putin headaches on the home front. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm still trying to figure out Roger Waters. If anyone has the time to read a few pages, here is a discussion of The Wall: https://tangentsusa.wordpress.com/2015/02/06/another-brick-in-the-berlin-wall-pink-floyds-and-germany/    So can any of y'all figure out how he blames the West for the Ukraine/Russia War?

He is old and got brain worms like a fucking ton of old people get. I wouldn't overthink it. He probably also bitches about immigrants and kids these days having no gumption. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, The Dog said:

21 hours ago, MillerEP said:

15 hours ago, The Dog said:

This makes me most gruntled.  I was looking at the map once they took the whole west bank of the Oskill and thought to capture/siege  Severodonetsk  and Luhansk that they need to capture the supply lines and road hub of Starobil's'k that has 6 roads intersecting in it.  It looks like that may be the plan

My feeble attempt at showing what I mean with Blue current operations and green what I would do next. You end up with a Siege of Sverodonetsk an pressure on Luhansk that prevents support of the sieged city.

image.png.3505566ac7480eedd443dec572c6715c.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, pops said:

Great recap. Search on YouTube for the video. It is fucking nuts. 

do the wikipedia footnotes not make it clear that this is a copy/paste from wiki?

modern world draft armies are going to be a problem.  vietnam demonstrated what that was going to look like.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Saint Austin said:

From wiki: "Islam in Russia is a minority religion. Russia has the largest Muslim population in Europe; and according to US Department of State in 2017,[3] Muslims in Russia numbered 14 million or roughly 10% of the total population. According to a comprehensive survey conducted in 2012, Muslims were 6.5% of Russia's population."

So, certainly enough to cause Putin headaches on the home front. 

The 6.5 percent is almost certainly an underestimation. And Muslims have been rapidly outpacing Slavic growth rates both via births and migrant inflows from Central Asia.  Russia has been a destination country for economic migrants believe it or not. I’d guess the number is north of 10 percent, and the restive North Caucuses have absolute majorities. 

In Crimea, different story.  Crimean Tatars have been dispersed around the country and there’s been a policy of Russification. 

Long term, Russia has Islam issues. If you’re looking for a source of real anxiety as opposed to fake NATO anxiety, it’s good to look there. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Parliament said:

How are they doing it?  They need temporary bridges, and those bridges are juicy targets?  Are they able to push RU forces back out of artillery range?

They have some pontoon bridges, but they’ve also secured some crossings/bridges up or downstream from the Russians.   I’ve seen a lot of boat footage.  

They have 4,000 lakes and 23,000 rivers so they have a fuck ton of boats.  I’m trying to wrap my head around that many bodies of water.

This stuff is easy, but I’ve seen them using large and fast river boats.

• Hook 'Em 4

An old dude like Roger Waters being wrong on this isn't surprising by itself.  That happens a lot these days because old people still believe everything they read.  What is shocking about him is that his dad was literally killed fighting against fascists who invaded another country.  He wrought a song specifically about it and it is the inspiration for a lot of the other songs he wrote.  He has spent most of his life railing against authoritarian governments like Russia.  He's just been full of shit his entire life apparently.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 4

30 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Video of dead school shooter in spoiler tag below. Blurred.  The blurred red thing on his chest is a red swastika.  The pistols have “Columbine” and “Eric” and “Dylan” on the lanyards.  Whole thing is really fucking weird.

NsFW

Reveal hidden contents

The Russians are so bad at this. I'm sure some Ukrainian is going to walk into a school with a swastika on his shirt and lanyards dedicated to columbine. I mean the shit they think would be possible is regarded. 

I dont know where the order came from but that is loony bin desperation move right there. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Lost amidst everything else in this mobilization is the number of Russians who are going to get killed in random accidents. It’s like that video from early in the invasion when a Russian tank was stuck in the mud and another was trying to push it out with a log.  The log slipped, knocking this dude in the head before the tank drove over him.

Our military doesn’t exactly meet OSHA requirements for workplace safety.  This shit is inherently dangerous.  And we have guys die in accidents even with all the training they have.

Now think about the Russians.  They’re putting a bunch of untrained and often intoxicated assholes in and around heavy equipment with very little in the way of safety precautions.  A whole lot of them are going to die before they even see a Ukrainian.

15 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

How do you say “Hey y’all,  watch this!”  in Russian?

Hold my Vodka

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The mobilization is 100% a ploy to prevent the government being overthrown. Putin is trying to ride this train as long as he can, so with his protection forces still behind him, he's mobilizing able bodied males to get away from the Kremlin. Many of them have fled the country (can't overthrow Putin from Tbilisi and Tashkent), and the rest are going to get slaughtered in the fields of Ukraine.   

That’s a great perspective. Hadn’t thought about it that way.

But I still think the people who run are not the same people who will rise up against Putin. I think the ones who start shit will be the same ones who say fuck you, come TRY to conscript me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

But I still think the people who run are not the same people who will rise up against Putin. I think the ones who start shit will be the same ones who say fuck you, come TRY to conscript me. 

Eventually Putin will wind up killing the son/daughter of someone close to him who has nothing to lose.  And it will happen enough that he won't be able to throw all of them out of windows in time. 

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

I do find it interesting that so far the mobilization and training centers are all fairly far away from Moscow itself.  Normally, all roads and trains (and therefore the troops that would be on them) go through the Kremlin, but they seem to be avoiding that as much as possible. It might boil over as the backlogs hit and see more conscripts just waiting around in Moscow, but for the time being they are doing exactly what should be by limiting potential opposition from being anywhere near the kremlin.

18 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I do find it interesting that so far the mobilization and training centers are all fairly far away from Moscow itself.  Normally, all roads and trains (and therefore the troops that would be on them) go through the Kremlin, but they seem to be avoiding that as much as possible. It might boil over as the backlogs hit and see more conscripts just waiting around in Moscow, but for the time being they are doing exactly what should be by limiting potential opposition from being anywhere near the kremlin.

They also want to hide the scale from the capital. The figures for the Moscow region are supposed to be something like 3500, if leaks are real. Take some, but for most people it’s friends of friends that are getting grabbed. 

But don’t overstate. For a mobilization that hits hard in regions away from Moscow, with the southern military district as the destination there’s no reason to transport people to or through the capital first. 

• Hook 'Em 2