Teams that left the conference -- where did they finish this year?

SEC

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. They lost their identity. They don't fit in with the Big 10 at all and no one there even accepts them. They don't even have a real rivalry game any longer, which is what college football is all about. Not even an ounce of success since moving to the Big 10.

Vic stay in your oversized load lane.  Getting to a conference championship is a successful season, win or lose.  

I really hate the B1G, I'd take the Nebraska, Arkansays move any day to big 12 any day everyday.  Unfortunately it will never happen.

1 minute ago, Mole said:

Yes, this should be posted at every opportunity because its absolutely never ever been posted before.  Good job good effort.

Hey did you know that the 94, 95 and 97 NC teams were entirely filled with Texas players?  Because I read it on here!  It must be true!

7 hours ago, Win5002 said:

The B12 needs to try and get Arkansas and Nebraska to rejoin the league.  I'm not saying it would happen but its a better fit for both schools and when you win your donations are a lot higher to the school and probably merchandise sales, etc. 

To the networks the matchups between those two teams and B12 teams should be worth more than their current leagues inventory of games.  Those two additions would be strong enough to go to a 12 team league or maybe WVU takes Arkansas place in the SEC and kick Baylor out for 10.     

Get pig, corn, and LSU has got to be sick of SEC bullshit by now, kick Baylor to the curb. 

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep. They lost their identity. They don't fit in with the Big 10 at all and no one there even accepts them. They don't even have a real rivalry game any longer, which is what college football is all about. Not even an ounce of success since moving to the Big 10.

You're going to sit here and tell me that the Hy-Vee Heroes Game and Bits of Broken Chair Trophy aren't the epitome of college football?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Both aggy and Mizzou’s best years in the SEC were their first 2 years in the conference. You know, when they still had a roster of mostly Big 12 recruits. Surely must be a coincidence because the SEC was going to help them recruit soooooo much better talent

Mizzou went 5-7 (2-6) their first year in the SEC.

13 hours ago, BigXII said:

A nice little cross section of all the bitch-ass teams which have run away over the years, and where they finished in their respective conferences this year:

Arkansas: 14th out of 14

Aggy: 6th out of 14

Mizzou: 8th out of 14

Colorado: 11th out of 12

Nebraska: 8th out of 14

Hope you guys are having fun!

giphy.gif

Fuck Nebraska and Aggy, both of 'em acted like cunts and ran their cock holsters off in public pointing fingers at us while not taking responsibility for themselves.

I say put Deloss on a mission to get Arky and LSU to hit the eject button on the 'untouchable' SEC (where both of them have had rumblings of discontent) and join the B12.  It could be his 'greatest' contribution to the conference he helped shape - and possibly even stabilize it for years.

5 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

8-4?  Congrats, Aggy.  You're as good as we are.

By leaving the Big 12 you have elevated yourself to the level of....  Iowa State.

Not so fast there. 

Against P5 competition, aggy was 5-4 while Iowa state was 7-4.

Three of aggy's wins came against non P5 cupcakes, so no, aggy has not nearly elevated themselves to the level of Iowa State.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Or WV or OSU or well.. you get the point.

Someone mentioned here before and it's almost certainly true, the sec will do everything in their power to match aggy with a no passing offense big 10 team.

They actually have a good run d, so as long as that is all a team is good at doing, they have a good shot, hence their sec record this year.  If they face a b12 offense, or any team with a qb above high school talent, their secondary will get shredded.

They honestly haven't had to face a team like this outside of Bama all year, and we know how that ended. 

11 hours ago, Mole said:

Osbourne may have run the dirtiest program in college football history while that hypocrite hid behind his religion. He had exponentially more coverups and criminals than Baylor or TCU ever thought about having. To me, Osbourne is the epitome of evil and hypocrisy - Briles and Patterson do not pretend to be some thing they are not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Not so fast there. 

Against P5 competition, aggy was 5-4 while Iowa state was 7-4.

Three of aggy's wins came against non P5 cupcakes, so no, aggy has not nearly elevated themselves to the level of Iowa State.

We're 6-4 against P5.  Our 7th win, however, was a half-assed snoozer victory over a team that (on the road) beat vaunted Northwestern Wildcats, champions of the Mighty Big 10 West.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

4 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We're 6-4 against P5.  Our 7th win, however, was a half-assed snoozer victory over a team that (on the road) beat vaunted Northwestern Wildcats, champions of the Mighty Big 10 West.

when comparing your resume to that of an Aggie, honesty is not a virtue that will be reciprocated

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I think the reaction to the three bowls can be summed up as follows.

1) Cotton Bowl: MANZIEL/ha ha Stoops choked again/wow, the Aggies actually won the Cotton Bowl for a change

2) WVU Bowl: N/A

3) Kansas State Bowl: N/A

18 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

This.  They also lost partial qualifiers.  This is what started then down the long downward spiral.  They had great, legacy coaches.  This is critical.  Then they lost their pipeline.  Then they lost both and they've never recovered.  Their "system" also passed them by.  Option football just isn't consistently viable in P5 conferences.  If they are lucky.  They "might be able to match the success Iowa has had.  Which is a tall order and not all that impressive at the end of the day.   

1 hour ago, USMCHorn said:

They’ll never let Aggie play a Big 12 team unless they were heavy favorites.

Or the SEC wizards of smart  might think   aggy is heavy favorites and let them play a Big 12 team  thinking they could win one.  I would say Okie State would be the perfect bait for them to bite at because if the Okie State who beat us along with WV and should of beat OU sucks shows up, then it will be a long night for aggy.  But if it's the one that lost to TCU last week or Tech early in the season, then it will be a bragging point for the sheep lovers.    The SEC might just look at these games  they lost and say it's a safe game for aggy and the SEC brand whatever in the heck that means. 

Edited by Nueces River Rat

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Osbourne may have run the dirtiest program in college football history while that hypocrite hid behind his religion. He had exponentially more coverups and criminals than Baylor or TCU ever thought about having. To me, Osbourne is the epitome of evil and hypocrisy - Briles and Patterson do not pretend to be some thing they are not.

giphy.gif

Edited by mulletpelini
he's no saint and I ain't blind but you're wrong.

Osbourne had his share, but to compare his program to Baylor is not even in the same zip code.  He had his share of domestic violence, drugs, and mouth-breathers (see earlier post about partial qualifiers).  It was on par with OU under Stoops, or Miami during their heyday.  Thugs being thugs.  But Baylor.....what they did was on par with PSU.  

A lot of Nebraska fans missed traveling to games, which is now harder in the Big 10.  I do believe that outside of this faction, most Nebraska fans have settled into the Big 10 comfortably and the excitement and anticipation of playing Oklahoma every year is growing dimmer in the rearview mirror.  

On the plus side, more money and the Big Ten network.  Most fans are euphorically optimistic with the improvement they have seen on offense with Scott Frost.  They have a "let's wait and see" philosophy with Frost's defensive coordinator Chinander.

As for our record, I am sure everybody here can relate to how hard it can be to consistently beat a Big 10 teams like Ohio State...or Maryland.

Edited by Cornfusion
added "excitement and anticipation"

1 minute ago, Cornfusion said:

A lot of Nebraska fans missed traveling to games, which is now harder in the Big 10.  I do believe that outside of this faction, most Nebraska fans have settled into the Big 10 comfortably and playing Oklahoma every year is growing dimmer in the rearview mirror.  

On the plus side, more money and the Big Ten network.  Most fans are euphorically optimistic with the improvement they have seen on offense with Scott Frost.  They have a "let's wait and see" philosophy with Frost's defensive coordinator Chinander.

As for our record, I am sure everybody here can relate to how hard it can be to consistently beat a Big 10 teams like Ohio State...or Maryland.

Let me translate and you tell me if I'm wrong. This is how I understood your post. "We stopped playing Oklahoma but that's OK because our athletic department makes MORE MONEY by not playing them". In other words, you're cool with a third-tier program like Iowa as your rival as long as someone who isn't you gets more money for it.

• Like 1

The Oklahoma game used to be HUGE every year...and that was it.  The Big Ten has more competition from top to bottom than the Big 8 or Big 12 did.  So we traded more money for playing teams like Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and lost Oklahoma and Kansas, Kansas State.  I'm okay with that, you might not be if you were a Nebraska fan.

Most Nebraska fans are looking forward to settling accounts with Iowa and Wisconsin, hopefully next year if we can get some defensive backs that don't play terrified and look for the ball every other tenth time.

13 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

A lot of Nebraska fans missed traveling to games, which is now harder in the Big 10.  I do believe that outside of this faction, most Nebraska fans have settled into the Big 10 comfortably and the excitement and anticipation of playing Oklahoma every year is growing dimmer in the rearview mirror.  

Texas is 27-13 all time against the schools in the Big 10, including 2-1 against Ohio State, 3-2 against Maryland, and 10-4 against some team that ran away crying

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

The Oklahoma game used to be HUGE every year...and that was it.  The Big Ten has more competition from top to bottom than the Big 8 or Big 12 did.  So we traded more money for playing teams like Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and lost Oklahoma and Kansas, Kansas State.  I'm okay with that, you might not be if you were a Nebraska fan.

Most Nebraska fans are looking forward to settling accounts with Iowa and Wisconsin, hopefully next year if we can get some defensive backs that don't play terrified and look for the ball every other tenth time.

Playing-- you mean losing to, right?

Good luck on settling the score with Iowa! and Wisconsin! hopefully next year. My how the bar has been lowered in Lincoln.

Just now, SwanderedTalent said:

Playing-- you mean losing to, right?

Good luck on settling the score with Iowa! and Wisconsin! hopefully next year. My how the bar has been lowered in Lincoln.

Nebraska hasn't fully recovered from Mike Riley's stint.  That was worse than your Charlie Strong era, but I am sure you can relate.  So Nebraska will aim for winning the Big Ten West next year and take it from there.  For Nebraskans, it really doesn't matter where we play football, or who are conference foes are, as long as one of the teams playing is Nebraska.

5 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

Nebraska hasn't fully recovered from Mike Riley's stint.  That was worse than your Charlie Strong era, but I am sure you can relate.  So Nebraska will aim for winning the Big Ten West next year and take it from there.  For Nebraskans, it really doesn't matter where we play football, or who are conference foes are, as long as one of the teams playing is Nebraska.

With four posts to your name, you must have joined a second ago.

Edited by jdhorn92

I really don't get that. I think Texas football has been slightly diminished by not playing Arkansas and (to a lesser degree) Texas A&M every year. Those games that you want to win but HATE to lose are what makes college football so gut-wrenchingly important in a way no other sport can match. We now have one: Oklahoma. Nebraska has, if I can speak for Nebraska, zero. I mean, I'm sure you don't like losing to anyone, but I doubt losing to Iowa or Wisconsin or Ohio State feels nearly as bad as losing to villainous Texas or lawbreaking Oklahoma.

I'm not a Nebraska fan so I can't tell you what to think but the idea that who you play doesn't matter baffles me. Why not quit the BIg Ten and play in C-USA, where your odds of going 12-0 increase dramatically? Oh, right, you want your athletic department to make Teh Most Moniez. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Osbourne had his share, but to compare his program to Baylor is not even in the same zip code.  He had his share of domestic violence, drugs, and mouth-breathers (see earlier post about partial qualifiers).  It was on par with OU under Stoops, or Miami during their heyday.  Thugs being thugs.  But Baylor.....what they did was on par with PSU.  

I'll respectfully disagree with you. I realize I'm asking for it, but despite the ESPN hype, Baylor had two arrests and those players never played / never played again after being arrested. Osbourne had myriad arrested criminals playing for him regularly. Baylor certainly dropped the ball in its governance, but much of it was accusation with not a ton proven - those that were were dealt with. No, not making excuses, but I think don't think just because a young black guy is accused he's automatically guilty. Yes, I read the Pepper Hamilton report as well as the formal letter from the university exonerating Briles. Like anything that garners popular opinion, there is often a distinction between popular opinion and reality, which is not to say there was nothing but to say it likely was not to the scale of the social media storm.

Not trying to derail, so feel free to flame /neg away, but I'm not going to respond so as to keep on topic. I'm not defending every action Baylor took at all, but I also think it is no worse than TCU, Nebraska, FSU, etc. The university just completely mishandled the crisis and allowed it to take a life of its own.

My beef with Osbourne in addition to putting winning above women is his ridiculous hypocrisy. I'll given Fisher, Patterson, Briles credit at least that they were not pretending to be something they are not. I don't see how a man can speak at Promise Keepers one day and have Lawrence Philips play the next.

Edited by Kyle

I came to this Texas forum because you seem to talk and reminisce about former conference foes on a regular basis, one of those former conference foes being Nebraska.  This thread being proof of my assumption.  I thought since you were talking about Nebraska, it wasn't taboo for me to do so as well.

Yes, I just joined.  I hope this doesn't offend the majority, but I believe you have mechanisms in place to remove me if you should wish. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I really don't get that. I think Texas football has been slightly diminished by not playing Arkansas and (to a lesser degree) Texas A&M every year. Those games that you want to win but HATE to lose are what makes college football so gut-wrenchingly important in a way no other sport can match. We now have one: Oklahoma. Nebraska has, if I can speak for Nebraska, zero. I mean, I'm sure you don't like losing to anyone, but I doubt losing to Iowa or Wisconsin or Ohio State feels nearly as bad as losing to villainous Texas or lawbreaking Oklahoma.

I'm not a Nebraska fan so I can't tell you what to think but the idea that who you play doesn't matter baffles me. Why not quit the BIg Ten and play in C-USA, where your odds of going 12-0 increase dramatically? Oh, right, you want your athletic department to make Teh Most Moniez. 

Texas-pig was one of the great historic rivalries. I would put pig on the schedule every year. Nothing quite like Royal-Broyles. With ousux now in conference, that would be a great annual non-conference showdown. For some reason a bunch of pig people go to my church, and they still hate Texas more than any other school.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Hey look everybody-- it's yet another Husker fan coming to a Texas message board to tell us how much he doesn't miss us.

I believe I wasn't the first to bring up the Nebraska Cornhuskers and the attendant feelings surrounding them in this thread.  I think I joined a thread already in process talking about the Nebraska Cornhuskers and other former conference teams from the SWC or Big 12.  Do you find it odd that a Huskers fan would be drawn to Husker content?

5 minutes ago, Cornfusion said:

I came to this Texas forum because you seem to talk and reminisce about former conference foes on a regular basis, one of those former conference foes being Nebraska.  This thread being proof of my assumption.  I thought since you were talking about Nebraska, it wasn't taboo for me to do so as well.

Yes, I just joined.  I hope this doesn't offend the majority, but I believe you have mechanisms in place to remove me if you should wish. 

I don't care that you're here.  Unlike a lot of folks around here, I liked playing Nebraska, A&M, and Arkansas.  I miss those games and would gladly have them back.

But it's still amusing that you're here on a Texas message board, essentially telling us you don't miss us and are just fine in your new conference.  Mmmmmmm, okay? :)

• Like 1