Finding a nice artificial Christmas tree in DFW area

Assman

I've done a real Christmas tree for my entire life but I think my days of cleaning up needles, watering, and dealing with a dead tree by mid-December are over.  I'd like to find a high-end artificial tree in the DFW area but not sure where to look.  I want something nicer than you can find at Lowes/HD/Hobby Lobby etc.  I don't mind spending $500-$1000 since this is something I'll keep for a while.  Halp.

Not sure why you think you have to spend $1k on a tree for it to look nice. I grew up with fake trees and when I had my own house started doing the real thing. After 12 years of marriage my wife decided she wanted a fake tree (she’s always had real). She bought one at some store called AtHome for around 400. It’s 7.5 ft and looks a lot better than what I grew up with. And once it’s decorated you can’t tell the difference. Pre-lit. Quick and easy to put up. I bought a bag on amazon for less than $30 to store it in.

Thanks fellas.

My wife thinks I'm being a tree nazi because apparently I'm looking for a tree that doesn't exist.  I just want a gd tree that you can't look through and see the fucking pole in the middle.  I want it to look real, even a couple feet away.  Lowe's, HD, and Hobby Lobby don't sell a tree like this.  There's some nice ones online, but I hate to buy it and look like shit when I put it up.

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I know we are all pulling 6 figs, but there is something about spending $1000 on a fake Christmas tree that seems absolutely ridiculous.

I doubt I'll end up actually paying $1000, but given the fact that I've paid $50-$60 a year for a real one, and that a nice fake one should last me 10 years, it doesn't seem so bad.  There's also value in not having to sweep up needles every year and having to find a place to dump it.

Holy fucking Lord people spend that much for fake trees?  I'm sure my parents got a 10 year life out of a 30$ jobber at Walmart.

If you want to minimize the maintenance, do what the Germans do (they did in fact start the custom of a Xmas tree...) and get one 1 week before Christmas, and dispose it a few days after...

Holy fucking Lord people spend that much for fake trees?  I'm sure my parents got a 10 year life out of a 30$ jobber at Walmart.

If you want to minimize the maintenance, do what the Germans do (they did in fact start the custom of a Xmas tree...) and get one 1 week before Christmas, and dispose it a few days after...
If you cut it down yourself, it will last for weeks. But store bought trees are already weeks old but the time you buy them.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:48 PM, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Do y'all not just throw your old trees on the burn pile out back?

Cedars go up in a flash, Jack. You gotta be careful or you'll burn down mom and dads place, the cousins place, the inlaws place and the barns too. Best to just cut it up into little pieces and feed it into the wood stove real slow like. Chimney fire will burn out all the built up creosote too.

To put a nice bow on this thread and provide the closure everyone deserves, I went to the Holiday Warehouse in Plano.  Really nice selection of trees, but the average price for a 9' was around $1200-$1500.  I'm not Shaggy 1%, so that was a little too much for me.  All of the $800-$1000 trees were sold out, bought by all the poors like myself weeks ago.

I then went to Decorator's Warehouse in Arlington.  They had as much as a selection as the place in Plano, and prices were much more reasonable, but once again, all the good ones were sold out.  Apparently these holiday stores are open 365 days a year and people start buying trees in October.  So for one more year I will endure the asswhipping that is owning a real tree, and will find an artificial one next year during summer or something.  No funeral.

4 minutes ago, Assman said:

To put a nice bow on this thread and provide the closure everyone deserves, I went to the Holiday Warehouse in Plano.  Really nice selection of trees, but the average price for a 9' was around $1200-$1500.  I'm not Shaggy 1%, so that was a little too much for me.  All of the $800-$1000 trees were sold out, bought by all the poors like myself weeks ago.

I then went to Decorator's Warehouse in Arlington.  They had as much as a selection as the place in Plano, and prices were much more reasonable, but once again, all the good ones were sold out.  Apparently these holiday stores are open 365 days a year and people start buying trees in October.  So for one more year I will endure the asswhipping that is owning a real tree, and will find an artificial one next year during summer or something.  No funeral.

So you didn't even go to Costco?

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

So you didn't even go to Costco?

I was only in town for a day and didn't have a membership.  My dad does but he said they had just looked at trees there that past weekend but weren't impressed.  We have a Sam's here in Abilene and was going to swing by there today before I took the plunge.